Gil

Brampton Transit/Züm

5 hours ago, Allandale25 said:

Staff presentation to Brampton Council on the 2020 budget.

Transit.thumb.png.2e26333154bb465f5b9395a745f58809.png

Come to think of it BT does bus refurbishments at the 6 yr lifespan right? Can't seem to remember now.

Also that züm Chinguacousy expansion is gonna be the talk to the town forsure, I'm a lot of people that would always be saying "züm need to come to Chinguacousy" and now their wish my finally come true lol. Now I'm just starting to wonder how far north they are going to run it up Chinguacousy before they direct it to mt. Pleasant, my assumption is possibly up to sandalwood at least (bc Bovaird is cutting it short imo) but only time will tell

Written deputation submitted to the Metrolinx board meeting from Brampton's CAO includes a map of future Zum routes that mostly aligns with the routes in the "Advancing Transit Priorities" map.
http://www.metrolinx.com/en/docs/pdf/board_agenda/20200220/Letter-from-City-of-Brampton-dated-Feb-19-2020-re-FRTN.pdf

Here's a rough comparison (feedback welcomed) between the last slide from the City of Brampton's presentation in the above-noted letter, and the Brampton portion of the map from the Advancing Transit Priorities presentation.

Comparison-Map.png

• Like 1

On 1/30/2020 at 3:44 PM, NewFlyerFan said:

I figure it’s been out long enough to display, this is the new presto device being installed on all BT buses in the coming months, so far I’ve only driven 1155 with it and it works pretty well with no major issues 

im not sure if this is the final design for the operators controls, but I really hope they re design this 

@Jan Boic you posted in DRT about theirs, more than likely it’s the same device to be installed GTA wide 

D0057B60-9FB1-47BD-B671-EA80151FF1FB.jpeg

850BB2FF-89E7-4014-9202-A56EE2509269.jpeg

At this point anything is better than whatever TTC currently has.

On 1/23/2020 at 11:46 PM, BramptonTransitFan84 said:

For those that do not know, 2020 is going to be another year of Xcelsior's for the zum fleet as NFI won the tender for the zum buses as confirmed by a press release from New Flyer that they sent out on Dec. 12, 2019 

NFI Press release: https://www.newflyer.com/2019/12/brampton-extends-sustainable-brt-with-low-emission-high-capacity-buses-from-new-flyer/

2075 and 2078 coming to you. Seen at Flying J at Headingley, just west of Winnipeg perimeter.

IMG_20200325_084621__01.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I'm sure you are all aware but Brampton Transit has implemented a new system to help aid with social distancing due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Such things as:

- Limiting buses to half capacity on all routes

- Reducing service throughout the week to weekend service

- Runing the züm XDE60's on high capacity routes such as on the 7 Kennedy with the full route being züm XDE60's during rush hour and the route being half XDE60 and half conventional buses outside of rush. The 4 Chinguacousy (all branches), 15 Bramalea (all branches) being fully run by züm XDE60's at all times as well as the 18 Dixie however I have not tracked any buses on the 18 since they implemented this move in response to COVID-19

- No fares required to board the bus until further notice

- Rear door boarding only on all buses. An exception are those in need of a lower entry from the kneeling system, those who need the wheelchair ramp and possibly strollers (though strollers were not mentioned on their site)

Recently I went for a walk and happened to see the züm XDE60's in action on the 4/4a in person. However I didn't happen to see any barriers or tape by the poles by the middle exit door. Now this could've been just a one off bus (unit 1479) or they actually aren't putting anything on the artics. If someone (preferably an driver, GSP or mechanic. Don't go out if you don't have to) could confirm for me what they are using to block off the front section that would be greatly appreciated!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 3/25/2020 at 3:23 PM, BramptonTransitFan84 said:

- No fares required to board the bus until further notice

All routes free? (Edit: Brampton website only says no fare is required.)

I only know of Thunder Bay waiving all transit fares up till now.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Buurin said:

All routes free? (Edit: Brampton website only says no fare is required.)

I only know of Thunder Bay waiving all transit fares up till now.

Durham Region Transit has been temporarily fare free because of this. There are quite a few agencies doing this