Gil

Brampton Transit/Züm

Spotted this about 2 minutes ago.

To be more specific:

Bus 1620, SB Airport Road, south of Clark, around 3:45 PM, signed: 65 - Seniors Shopper, probably deadheading to Humber College for service.

Anyone have information on so called route 65?

20170510_154539(0).jpg

Edited by AmanKh
  • Like 3

On 2017-05-10 at 3:49 PM, AmanKh said:

Spotted this about 2 minutes ago.

To be more specific:

Bus 1620, SB Airport Road, south of Clark, around 3:45 PM, signed: 65 - Seniors Shopper, probably deadheading to Humber College for service.

Anyone have information on so called route 65?

20170510_154539(0).jpg

65 Seniors Shopper is just that - a bus that runs between some seniors homes and various shopping centres - basically a community bus.  It's a different route/mall each day.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, GM5000 said:

65 Seniors Shopper is just that - a bus that runs between some seniors homes and various shopping centres - basically a community bus.  It's a different route/mall each day.

Is there any info on the Brampton website about this bus? My mother in law lives in Brampton and I would like to know more information about it. Where it runs? Schedules etc... 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, newflyerinvero said:

Have there been a couple of fleet number changes up in Brampton recently?

Today I had come across ZUM 1073...yes, 1073. I don't believe any number had existed prior to this. Was this bus involved in an accident and has its number changed?

Next, 0435 operating on the 35A - Clarkway this afternoon. Yes, that's correct. 0435. I do believe, unless I check wiki in a few minutes to varify but I too don't believe there's such a bus numbered as such. But, there it was. Was it involved in a collision for it to be renumbered?

No, these number are perfectly normal. There has been no renumbering as far as I know of.

In case anyone is wondering about the 2017 XDE60 info to update the wiki with, Brampton transit released some info regarding the fleet numbers & total numbers. That being 11 total XDE60's and the fleet numbering being 1775-1785.

Also in case anyone has not heard, Brampton Transit is keeping the original routing for the 501A züm Queen regarding the Line 1 extension however the 501 will get some minor routing changes going around the Vaughn Metropolitan Centre.

• Like 2

On 5/22/2017 at 0:52 PM, BramptonTransitFan84 said:

In case anyone is wondering about the 2017 XDE60 info to update the wiki with, Brampton transit released some info regarding the fleet numbers & total numbers. That being 11 total XDE60's and the fleet numbering being 1775-1785.

Also in case anyone has not heard, Brampton Transit is keeping the original routing for the 501A züm Queen regarding the Line 1 extension however the 501 will get some minor routing changes going around the Vaughn Metropolitan Centre.

I think I had seen from their Facebook page that the 501 will also be heading to York University too. A few more trips to be added during peak periods on both 501/501A.

Any news on the 505 situation in terms of what was being considered?

Brampton Transit shared photos of new 2017 Novas about 3 hours ago on Facebook and Instagram. 13 new conventional buses are now in the fleet which would complete the 70 bus Nova contract from 2013.   

13 minutes ago, soo8513 said:

So, 1701 - 1713 are in service?; at which garage?

They were delivered to Sandalwood and "will hit the road later this summer".

On 2/10/2017 at 1:55 PM, noahrp24 said:

Brampton has gotten PTIF funding to replace 20 buses. (should be the 2002 D40LFs), 3 new artics, as well as other projects planned for Brampton which includes expansion of the Sandalwood Garage.

The PTIF funding to replace 20 buses. Would they be the 17 Novas that have arrived at Sandalwood this week, or something else, maybe a 2018 order?

3 artics. Other then ZUM, would these be for conventional somehow?

On 2017-05-19 at 8:46 PM, Bessarion said:

Is there any info on the Brampton website about this bus? My mother in law lives in Brampton and I would like to know more information about it. Where it runs? Schedules etc... 

It pretty much runs as a point express between a couple of different Seniors Homes and shopping malls, one trip a day in the off-peak.  One day is a trip to Shoppers World, another day it goes to BCC.

On 5/27/2017 at 9:56 AM, GM5000 said:

It pretty much runs as a point express between a couple of different Seniors Homes and shopping malls, one trip a day in the off-peak.  One day is a trip to Shoppers World, another day it goes to BCC.

I only seen the SW on the Real time site not the BCC route

Hi, I am recently working on a research on 8500 (the Leyland Olympian), I wonder if any of you have some information about it? I am having trouble in confirming its height, is it 4.2 meters in height or 4.4 meters in height? Thanks a lot!

On 2017-5-26 at 10:34 PM, newflyerinvero said:

The PTIF funding to replace 20 buses. Would they be the 17 Novas that have arrived at Sandalwood this week, or something else, maybe a 2018 order?

3 artics. Other then ZUM, would these be for conventional somehow?

Well the contract was awarded in 2013, so the funding is probably going to be used for future buses, plus it's 13 buses not 17. 

On 2017-06-02 at 5:48 PM, Theodore Leung said:

Hi, I am recently working on a research on 8500 (the Leyland Olympian), I wonder if any of you have some information about it? I am having trouble in confirming its height, is it 4.2 meters in height or 4.4 meters in height? Thanks a lot!

My notes show:

Length: 34' (10.36m)

Width: 8' 2.5" (2.50m)

Height: 14' 2" (4.32m)

• Like 1

Another preview from Brampton Transit.
This September, a new 501C - ZUM Queen to operate between Bramalea Terminal and York University via Highway 407 to supplement the 501A during peak periods.

Also, a new 104 - Chingcousy Express operating limited stops between Brampton Gateway Terminal and Mount Pleasant Go Station. Peak perod service for now with plans to extend service hours in the future.

All of this found via Brampton Transit's Facebook page and their website.