Brampton Transit/Züm

Gil

An addition to my last post. The Launch for today was just a virtual session to thank all the stakeholders and persons who made the project as well as taking questions.

The buses will officially start running May 4th, 2021 on the 26 Mount Pleasant (from their official instagram account). No specific time was given but its safe to assume it would start on the earliest block (5:30 - 5:43). No word was given on how long the buses would run for the first day

https://www.instagram.com/p/COajaLlBcem/?igshid=cks4u6lzzw4e

12 minutes ago, BramptonTransitFan84 said:

An addition to my last post. The Launch for today was just a virtual session to thank all the stakeholders and persons who made the project as well as taking questions.

The buses will officially start running May 4th, 2021 on the 26 Mount Pleasant (from their official instagram account). No specific time was given but its safe to assume it would start on the earliest block (5:30 - 5:43). No word was given on how long the buses would run for the first day

https://www.instagram.com/p/COajaLlBcem/?igshid=cks4u6lzzw4e

Just saw the Instagram post you linked. They did put in a lot of effort into the marketing video to bring awareness of electric buses. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BramptonTransitFan84 said:

There's only one block on Route 26 right now. Plan is to have it out there all day.

Please remember social distancing and essential travel only. 

Oh, and post pics for me... ?

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/3/2021 at 2:47 PM, GM5000 said:

There's only one block on Route 26 right now. Plan is to have it out there all day.

Please remember social distancing and essential travel only. 

Oh, and post pics for me... ?

Don't worry I already got my photo in in the 1st day. I didn't get a ride though since I had to get to work plus I'm trying to to take the bus unless I urgently need to (until its safe to ride it for non-essential uses)

On 5/5/2021 at 10:17 AM, soo8513 said:

Just looked on Transit55 to see if any 2152-class out today but site appears to be not reporting. Transsee also.

2152-2157 are on T55 now. Just that the trackers are a little buggy at times, still waiting for 2150-2151 to be added though

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/9/2021 at 10:18 PM, G.A said:

Anyone know how many of the D40LF series are left?

iirc in terms of the 04's it should be 0401, 0403-0423, 0425-0434 that are left. Regarding the 03's and 0216 I just got word and photos from a operator I know well at sandalwood showing a couple of 03's parked in the north parking lot sitting low as well.

Pairing that with the tracker activity of the 03's and 0216, i'm leaning on the possibility of them being done for good this time. Although I do want to start checking rhe terminals every few weeks to see if they are still being used as shuttles or not

On 6/18/2021 at 11:01 PM, BramptonTransitFan84 said:

iirc in terms of the 04's it should be 0401, 0403-0423, 0425-0434 that are left. Regarding the 03's and 0216 I just got word and photos from a operator I know well at sandalwood showing a couple of 03's parked in the north parking lot sitting low as well.

Pairing that with the tracker activity of the 03's and 0216, i'm leaning on the possibility of them being done for good this time. Although I do want to start checking rhe terminals every few weeks to see if they are still being used as shuttles or not

Correct on the 04xx numbers.  The 03xx are all retired. 0216 is the only 02xx and it's retired as well, just waiting on some equipment to be removed.

Oh, and watch for one of the Nova LFSE40's (2150-2151) to be out on Route 26 as early as tomorrow (06/25)...

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, GM5000 said:

Correct on the 04xx numbers.  The 03xx are all retired. 0216 is the only 02xx and it's retired as well, just waiting on some equipment to be removed.

Oh, and watch for one of the Nova LFSE40's (2150-2151) to be out on Route 26 as early as tomorrow (06/25)...

I figured. An operator sent me pics 2 weeks ago of the 03's and the were sitting low so I had assumed they were probably done

Also thanks for the update on the LFSe's! I've been trying to catch one since the 2nd but haven't had any luck

I just wanted to note here that @Gil in the MiWay thread mentioned that the 502 will be the only occupant of platform O at City Centre Transit Terminal. As a result of the services changes scheduled to happen on June 28th

Now with that my assumption is that for arriving at CCTT, BT might just have the 502 use the same Hurontario SB to Rathburn WB ramp but instead have it join Rathburn from that bus only lane at the intersection then head straight to platform O. For leaving CCTT will they have the 502 navigate back to Hurontario via Centre View Drive (i.e Platform O, right from Rathburn onto Duke of York, right onto Centre View from Duke of York, left onto Rathburn from Centre View and then onto the Rathburn EB to Hurontario NB ramp). I think this might just be their approach as I cant really see any better way to enter and exit CCTT in terms of the 502

I feel bad that another driver has passed away. I think that amazon needed to be shut down when the big outbreaks were happening so people could get better and not spread it around. I am not sure if he was a driver on a route servicing amazon or even carrying passengers to buses going there but I found it ridiculous how many people would be lined up at bus stops coming from amazon or how full buses were dropping people off at amazon. it was pretty bad. Lets hope with the vaccine rollout now that there is no more major issues anymore, but I agree with the sentiment, please pray for his family and friends

19 hours ago, brianc1981 said:

I feel bad that another driver has passed away. I think that amazon needed to be shut down when the big outbreaks were happening so people could get better and not spread it around. I am not sure if he was a driver on a route servicing amazon or even carrying passengers to buses going there but I found it ridiculous how many people would be lined up at bus stops coming from amazon or how full buses were dropping people off at amazon. it was pretty bad. Lets hope with the vaccine rollout now that there is no more major issues anymore, but I agree with the sentiment, please pray for his family and friends

It’s not just Amazon, Brampton is a large city based on commercial, industrial and education. Of course the buses were full all day on every route and not just the 11,511,51. If Brampton transit had thought things through more thoroughly they would of kept dozens of extra buses at gateway and BCC to do flex trips to relieve crowds but they didn’t 

Brampton Transit has had one of the highest number of operators get sick/pass away from covid and it was due to lack of spacing and lack of mask enforcement 

Just now, ZümmyZüm said:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/11/2021 at 3:11 PM, Orion 1200 said:

Are both types of electric buses free to be on either the 23 or 26? Since they started on the 23, I haven't yet seen an electric LFS there, and I haven't seen an electric Xcelsior on the 26 since before the 28th.

I would imagine that the LFSes are limited to the 26 as they only have 40km in range (from what an operator told me) and there have been instances where operators forgot to charge the buses and got stuck in limp mode (activates at 40% battery level)

7 hours ago, Express691 said:

Just saw your guys' electric buses and wanted to point out how similar those wraps are to the ones on TransLink's XE40/Nova LFSe. After all, they are part of the same Pan-Canadian integration project run by CUTRIC

https://cptdb.ca/wiki/index.php/Coast_Mountain_Bus_Company_19301–19302
https://cptdb.ca/wiki/index.php/Brampton_Transit_2150-2151

York Region Transit is also part of the CUTRIC trial; but their buses are wrapped in bright green and blue, and two of the XE40s are in the regular YRT livery without any advertising wrap. So the colours of thw wraps have nothing to do with CUTRIC or the trial, simply individual marketing decisions by each operator.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...