Brampton Transit/Züm

Gil

• Root Admin
On 10/11/2020 at 1:11 PM, ZümmyZüm said:

I’m not 100% sure but I believe going forward it’s a mandatory spec from the MTO, again I’m sure someone else may know better 

Yes its mandatory going forward by Transport Canada. Any vehicles purchased this year, delivered after September 2020 to be precise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, BramptonTransitFan84 said:

To those than don't know 2007, 2012, 2023, 2022, 2019, 2018 & 3 other 2020 Novas are on the property at sandalwood. (Coming from a photo an operator sent me)

Though considering theres a 2023 BT probably ordered more novas than we thought they would. Which is a good thing anyway

It just dawned on me that you guys have the oldest production Xcelsiors in existents! How are your 2010 buses fairing these days? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BramptonTransitFan84 said:

To those than don't know 2007, 2012, 2023, 2022, 2019, 2018 & 3 other 2020 Novas are on the property at sandalwood. (Coming from a photo an operator sent me)

Though considering theres a 2023 BT probably ordered more novas than we thought they would. Which is a good thing anyway

I believe the final total is 23, they are typically lined up in order at sandalwood upon delivery and last I’ve seen is 2023, the most in orders seems to go to 23 conventional a year for expansion and replacement 

2 hours ago, Chris.A said:

It just dawned on me that you guys have the oldest production Xcelsiors in existents! How are your 2010 buses fairing these days? 

The 2010 XDE40s don’t seem to be showing their age much aside from air pressure issues that seem to plague all early 40ft xcelsiors, as for the 1100s which were part 2010 part 2011 order they are showing their age and I believe some are currently parked for quite some time for major repair. No talks of refurbs planned as of yet 

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Update regarding the 2020 Nova's

2007, 2011 & 2012 have all entered service, 2007 & 2011 marked the first day on November 6th. From my observations 0216 and none of the remaining active 2003 units have been taken out of service yet, though 0305 & 0306 haven't seen much use since Oct 16th/Sept 25th.

Also thanks to an update from a friend of mine these are the decommissioned D40LF's currently at the back of Sandalwood Garage:

0220, 0402, 0302, 0312, 0218 & 0424

EDIT: 0301 is also decomissioned however it is not at the back of Sandalwood Garage.

Edited by BramptonTransitFan84
  • Thanks 1

• Root Admin
On 11/12/2020 at 12:13 AM, BramptonTransitFan84 said:

EDIT: 0301 is also decomissioned however it is not at the back of Sandalwood Garage.

I took a picture of brand new 0301 during my visit to Brampton Transit's Clark Garage back in October 2003.

IMG_3740.JPG

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Electric buses have arrived at Sandalwood. Two Nova buses and 6 New Flyer buses. To be prepared for revenue service in the spring. Training operators and mechanics on the new buses.

Routes 23 Sandalwood and Route 26 Mount Pleasant will be the two routes that receive the electric buses. 

https://www.brampton.ca/EN/City-Hall/News/Pages/Feature-Story.aspx/13

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, GTAmissions1 said:

Electric buses have arrived at Sandalwood. Two Nova buses and 6 New Flyer buses. To be prepared for revenue service in the spring. Training operators and mechanics on the new buses.

Routes 23 Sandalwood and Route 26 Mount Pleasant will be the two routes that receive the electric buses. 

https://www.brampton.ca/EN/City-Hall/News/Pages/Feature-Story.aspx/13

It doesn’t say on the website or their Instagram but it may also be running on the 27 as the 26/27 typically interline during off peak periods, 23 usually runs as a standalone run without interlining. Of course this can change with the  signup when these buses enter service 

On 2/7/2021 at 11:51 PM, BramptonTransitFan84 said:

Anyone happen to know if the New Flyer Xcelsior CHARGE units will be XE60's? I was under the assumption that is a possibility since the demo from NFI was an XE60 but I still have my doubts

NFI's are XE40

On 10/20/2020 at 8:33 PM, BramptonTransitFan84 said:

2007 - 2023.  2001-2006 were going to be eBuses, but those numbers will remain blank.  The Nova eBuses are 2150-2151.

On 1/28/2021 at 4:25 PM, ZümmyZüm said:

It doesn’t say on the website or their Instagram but it may also be running on the 27 as the 26/27 typically interline during off peak periods, 23 usually runs as a standalone run without interlining. Of course this can change with the  signup when these buses enter service 

26-27 were interlined only on Saturday just prior to Covid. For now the test plan is limited to Route 26, but that could change.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Due to a COVID-19 outbreak at an Amazon fulfilment facility, Zum 511 Steeles west of Chinguacousy will be temporaily suspended until further notice due to 9 transit operators testing positive for the virus. With a plan on how to detour happening next week to address the situation.

Right now, operators are being tested and mandated to wear mask while on-duty. 

With the possibility of some operators having to self-isolate, some trips may be cancelled pending availability of resources. Right now, the capacity limit is 35 for regular buses and 55 for articulated buses.

https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/brampton-suspending-bus-route-testing-drivers-after-9-covid-19-cases-linked-to-amazon-warehouse-outbreak-1.5339566

EDIT: 511 Zum Steeles, 51 Steeles and 51 Hereford are suspended from serving Steeles West corridor for approximately one week effective March 10th. Depending on the situation. Though I am not surprised at the complaints regarding how to access during the detour. 

Edited by GTAmissions1
additional info
  • Sad 1

Although the complaints are valid, there is coverage for almost everyone minus Amazon staff, the 51 is still going into Mississauga, it’s circling back before entering Brampton to avoid the Amazon facility area. I believe it’s turning around at hallstone, I do see problems arising from packed 51s however time will tell. The 51 will also carry any residents to their homes on the outskirts of Brampton 

On 3/11/2021 at 12:32 PM, ZümmyZüm said:

Although the complaints are valid, there is coverage for almost everyone minus Amazon staff, the 51 is still going into Mississauga, it’s circling back before entering Brampton to avoid the Amazon facility area. I believe it’s turning around at hallstone, I do see problems arising from packed 51s however time will tell. The 51 will also carry any residents to their homes on the outskirts of Brampton 

Wasn't sure if they'd file this under Detours & Update or COVID-19 Updates.  Turns out it was the latter.  Not sure how many connecting passengers boarded at Lisgar GO who will be impacted by this detour.

Service to Steeles West Corridor Temporarily Suspended

Brampton Transit service to the Steeles West Corridor will be suspended effective at the start of service on Wednesday March 10. This suspension will be in effect for at least seven days. We will provide an update when it is available.

511 Züm Steeles and 11 Steeles: last stop serviced will be Steeles Avenue and Chinguacousy Road

51 Hereford: last stop serviced will be Steeles Avenue and Financial Drive

This is an additional measure implemented by Brampton Transit during the active Peel Public Health community investigation to protect the health and safety of operators and riders.

We appreciate your understanding and patience at this time. For trip planning assistance call 905.874.2999.

The following detours will be in effect:

Routes 511 Züm Steeles and 11 Steeles Detour

From Westbound Chinguacousy Züm Station
Ahead on Steeles Avenue
Right onto James Potter Road
Right onto Charolais Blvd
Right onto Chinguacousy Road
Left onto Steeles Avenue
Resume Regular Route

Detour_ShortTurnSteeles_ 511_11.JPG

Route 51 Hereford Detour

From Steeles & James Potter Road Westbound
Ahead on Steeles Ave
Left onto Financial Drive

cross over Highway 407

cross Meadowvale Blvd

Right onto Derry Road
Right onto Mississauga Road

cross Meadowvale Blv

cross over Highway 407

Right onto Hallstone Road
Left onto Financial Drive
Right onto Steeles Ave
Resume regular route

Detour_ShortTurnSteeles_ 51.JPG

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/9/2021 at 6:41 PM, GTAmissions1 said:

Due to a COVID-19 outbreak at an Amazon fulfilment facility, Zum 511 Steeles west of Chinguacousy will be temporaily suspended until further notice due to 9 transit operators testing positive for the virus. With a plan on how to detour happening next week to address the situation.

Right now, operators are being tested and mandated to wear mask while on-duty. 

With the possibility of some operators having to self-isolate, some trips may be cancelled pending availability of resources. Right now, the capacity limit is 35 for regular buses and 55 for articulated buses.

What hasn't been released to the media and public but made this whole situation urgent to cancel part of the route, test operators and shut down Amazon is 1 Brampton Operator is in hospital in a coma.  I know their name and have verified that 1 Operator is in a Coma.  Prayers are with them and their family.

• Sad 6

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...