Brampton Transit/Züm

Gil

2 minutes ago, TTC 9701 said:

They are XD60's for thos order. Unsure if that will be from now on.

Thanks!  I just wanted to be sure.  The wiki says they're XDE60's.  I imagine that will have to be amended...  I assume the powertrain will be Cummins L9 with Allison B500R6?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, smallspy said:

Well, they don't run on gasoline or LPG or propane, so.....

Dan

Okay, Someone just randomly credited them as Diesel Units on the wiki and not Hybrid units. I just wanted to be sure because someone just edited it without a reliable source. It's been argued on this thread whether they are Diesel or Hybrid units.  

1 hour ago, STO_1601 said:

Okay, Someone just randomly credited them as Diesel Units on the wiki and not Hybrid units. I just wanted to be sure because someone just edited it without a reliable source. It's been argued on this thread whether they are Diesel or Hybrid units.  

And the noisy bit that turns the generator gets its power from....

61B650F1-CF7E-4015-8FEE-D0DA6CA48112.thumb.jpeg.0eabe265e4c88b1ff3aa57b12f582fad.jpeg

?

• Haha 5

13 hours ago, STO_1601 said:

Are they really diesel only?

No. These are the same as the previous order, XDE60

as for the York university issue, routes 501A and 501C will continue to serve York U with added trips on both after 14:30, route 501 will terminate at VMMC and commuters can take the subway to York U from there 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, NewFlyerFan said:

No. These are the same as the previous order, XDE60

OK Thanks, That means someone provided wrong information on the Brampton Transit wiki page.

I'm not allowed to edit and but could someone please edit the 2018 units back to XDE60 please.

10 hours ago, TransitfanJW said:

The 2018 order is diesel, not hybrid. They are XD60s. @NewFlyerFan, stop spreading false information.

Hate to be the one to tell you but I’ve driven 1875 numerous times the last 3 weeks, builders plate states it is a XDE60, check my previous posts and for further evidence, the transmission is not like the diesels, these are the same as all other Zum orders, (F,N,R) unlike the diesel novas which have the diesel Allison selector, and just listen to the bus as it pulls off

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1