Brampton Transit/Züm

Gil

On 30/03/2018 at 3:27 PM, BramptonTransitFan84 said:

Anyone happen to know if 1280 has been repaired since that acctident with MiWay 0627? I personally had a feeling it would be a while before it returned to service but its been 4 months since then so the thought of it being retired seems very likely at this point.

Nope not retired. It's only damage to one section. Easy fix.

• Thanks 1

• Root Admin
On 2018-03-30 at 3:27 PM, BramptonTransitFan84 said:

Anyone happen to know if 1280 has been repaired since that acctident with MiWay 0627? I personally had a feeling it would be a while before it returned to service but its been 4 months since then so the thought of it being retired seems very likely at this point.

It really depends on what type of damage was done. Once you get into cutting the frame it can get complicated and becomes a longer process for repair. We've had buses in Oakville gone for months for repairs that looked minor, turning out to be quite the repair job.

Or.. its back and it just hasn't been seen.

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 2018-04-04 at 4:09 PM, cm99746 said:

Saw a standard-liveried BT Nova signed as Zum 505 running westbound on Bovaird this morning.  I don't recall other reports of this happening.  One-off situation or is this a frequent occurrence?

every now and then either the automated system may glitch or a driver may put in the wrong code. I've seen a zum bus running on the 502 signed as route 4 chingcouasy before due to the driver having the wrong code up.

basically all buses in brampton can be signed up as ANYTHING. As they all share the same destination codes. However zum buses are never used on local routes and vice versa, although in this case if that was actually running on the 505 and not just a code fault that would be an extremely rare catch lol

Some news about the electric buses, so i just recently sent out an email to BT and their senior policy advisor replied with some corrections.....

so we will actually be receiving 8 electric units and 4 overhead chargers unlike the previously stated 10 and 2. The routes they will run on is the same as mentioned in that article by the brampton guardian (https://www.bramptonguardian.com/news-story/7185321-electric-buses-to-hit-brampton-roads-by-2018/). revenue service will launch in 2019 after Q1 (date is unknown at the moment) due to Translink taking part in the test trial changing it from the Pan-ontario to Pan-canadian Electric Bus Demonstration and Integration trial. while preparation of the buses and chargers will begin starting this June

I think its safe to assume that its still half NovaBus and New Flyer (4 LFSe's/4 XE40's). But he didnt metnion that so.... best we can do is hope for now

• Like 1

On 2018-04-14 at 3:41 PM, Doppelkupplung said:

I'm curious if BT plans on improving service on the 199. Lot of people take that bus and it ends up leaving some behind. Is improving frequency on it asking too much? 

UTM sets the schedules and the service frequencies on 199.  The 0800 trip is double-headed.  When else has it been leaving people behind?

8 hours ago, GM5000 said:

UTM sets the schedules and the service frequencies on 199.  The 0800 trip is double-headed.  When else has it been leaving people behind?

In the afternoon, or evening, when all those students gotta go home? I've never seen two units in the afternoon rush. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/19/2018 at 3:52 PM, dj.surf.lfs said:

Brampton Transit Proposed 2018 Changes http://www.brampton.ca/EN/residents/transit/service-alerts/Documents/BramptonTransit_PICBoards_Feb2018_Web.pdf

Züm along Airport Road will operated between Bovaird/Airport and Malton GO in 2018 and Viscount Station in 2020.

Here is an update based on feedback from the Public Information Centres that took place in March.

2018 Annual Transit Plan

You asked and we listened!

In March 2018, we held Public Information Centres at our terminals and various community centres across the city to gather your feedback on our 2018 Annual Transit Plan. Thank you for attending and speaking with us about your ideas and suggestions!

As part of that feedback, we’re planning to implement the following as part of our September Service Improvements:

• Route 501/501A/501C Züm Queen – service frequency improvements
  • Routes 4 Chinguacousy and 104 Chinguacousy Express – service frequency improvements
  • Route 115 Airport Express – additional trips and later trips
  • Introduce service to the newer development area around Chinguacousy Road and Mayfield Road
  • Introduce service to the Countryside Drive and Mountainash Road area
Additional service improvements are also planned for September. More details on these service changes will be made available this summer.

Thank you, again, for your feedback! We look forward to implementing these changes and providing you with more service!
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, soo8513 said:

BT 1804 - Out of Service - 40' NOVA - spotted westbound on Steeles Ave at Ninth Line in Halton Hills.

How many NOVAs (1801+) are on order?/delivered?

While part of the MTB tour that was part of the TTS Milton Charter last Saturday, I did see a unit numbered 1818. First of all I wasn't aware that Brampton was receiving 2018 LFSs.

Further, any specific replacement/expansion information on these?

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/18/2018 at 7:32 PM, tc2 said:

while that article its incorrect in some parts.

We are actually obtaining 10 more 2018 Xcelsior's for züm service while 22 units are for conventional service. unit 1822 is at Sandalwood garage and since recently going there I have seen unit 1885 sitting in front of 1820. However im not sure if the 22 novas are slated to replace the ageing 2002 D40LF's but the chance is likely.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...