Brampton Transit/Züm

Gil

2 hours ago, 1604 said:

Just stopping by with a random question - do the stop announcements on Brampton Transit buses announce all stops on the route, or is it more of a sporadic/occasional kind of deal?

Thanks!

It announces all the stops on the route unlike Calgary's system even though it's the same iBus...

• Thanks 1

On 19/09/2017 at 10:23 AM, ONQCBusFan said:

Are the rest of the 02-03 D40LFs being repainted?

for the 02's i dont know for sure, but i believe its likely since they should be retiring next year (i know time flies!)

the 03's are a possibility but once again im not 100% sure on that

If anyone has the license plate number for 1703 could you please tell me, i'm currently trying to repaint them into OMSI 2 and i tend to slap on the plate numbers within the repaint since it allows for better accuracy than the preset model plates.

• 4 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, MiWay0310 said:

Does anyone know why BT operates only 40 footers to UTM on the 199? Its a super busy route, so why not send down a few ZUM 60 footers? 

Züm buses are for Züm routes only. If they buy Artics for local, then well congrats to them!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
19 hours ago, OBI said:

Went by Clark Garage on Saturday, noticed D40LF 0435 with quite the fire damage. Anyone here with a good inside source of info know what happened? Is it a write off? It appears the Orion Vs are all gone from the back also.

If I recall correctly it happened on the 52 at Charolais/Mill about six months ago. I'm not sure what they plan on doing with it but it is still plated unlike 0205 and 0315 next to it that are unplated. 

• Root Admin
1 minute ago, 502 Downtowner said:

If I recall correctly it happened on the 52 at Charolais/Mill about six months ago. I'm not sure what they plan on doing with it but it is still plated unlike 0205 and 0315 next to it that are unplated. 

Interesting, thanks. I doubt that will return after sitting that long.

Other than the repaints that have occurred with the majority of the D40LFs (and even the earlier 96 D40LFs and the 98 VIs), were any of the 02/03/04's fully rebuilt and repainted, or just refurbished? 
I ask as is Brampton an agency that rebuilds its buses or waits until roughly 12-14 years to retire them? If that's the case, is or has there been consideration of rebuilding or refurbing any of the oldest ZUM XDE40s, built in 2010 at all?

4 hours ago, 502 Downtowner said:

So they are starting to fase out the 02s and 03s?

On 2017-11-23 at 12:50 AM, newflyerinvero said:

Other than the repaints that have occurred with the majority of the D40LFs (and even the earlier 96 D40LFs and the 98 VIs), were any of the 02/03/04's fully rebuilt and repainted, or just refurbished? 

I ask as is Brampton an agency that rebuilds its buses or waits until roughly 12-14 years to retire them? If that's the case, is or has there been consideration of rebuilding or refurbing any of the oldest ZUM XDE40s, built in 2010 at all?

To the best of my knowledge, the D40LFs have just been refurbished (there are still a few 02s and 03s waiting to be completed). In the last 10 years, Brampton Transit has grown exponentially so it's hard to say how long they will wait to retire buses now because the mileage on buses nowadays is far greater than that of buses from the 90s and earlier. 

• 4 weeks later...

Service Change effective January 8, 2018

• 501 Züm Queen will be realigned to use the Viva Rapidway at Vaughan Metropolitan Centre.
  • 511 Züm Steeles new trips from Lisgar GO will be added, providing (very limited) weekend service west of Brampton Gateway:
    • Eastbound from Lisgar GO:
      • Weekdays: 4:45am, 5:20am
      • Saturdays: 4:45am, 5:15am, 5:45pm, 6:13pm
      • Sundays: 4:45am, 5:15am, 5:45pm
    • Westbound from Humber College:
      • Saturdays/Sundays: 5:52am, 6:16am
  • 4 Chinguacousy frequency improved to every 12 min weekday midday, every 25 min Saturdays and Sundays
  • 11 Steeles Saturday and Sunday evening trips will be extended to Lisgar GO.
  • 51 Hereford weekday evening, Saturday and Sunday service reduced to every hour.
  • 58 Financial route extended to Lion Head Golf Club Rd.
  • 60 Mississauga Rd new hourly Sunday service 
  • 104 Chinguacousy Express PM peak service extended to start earlier at 12:25pm and end later at 9:05pm.

http://www.brampton.ca/EN/residents/transit/service-alerts/Pages/Service-Improvements.aspx#216

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Been wondering if the middle portion of the 60 - Mississauga Road is too close to the area that's covered by the 58 - Financial to where it may be more viable (?) to have a 60A branch serve where the 58 does?

Lastly, is it just me, or do many of you here feel like the 51 Hereford doesn't seem to be a route that really is meaingful given that the 11 and 511 are around? Is it better to look at an 11B service perhaps?

• 4 weeks later...

Just a heads up that 0315, 0205 and 0435 are sitting at the back of Clark with their plates gone. So its most likely that their retired. Didnt manage to get the offical word from any operators yet though

0435 sustained fired damage and was the decision was made to just retire it without repair

Brampton Transit #0435 Brampton Transit #0435, 0315 & 0205

0315 is completely unknown, however i'm willing to speculate that for 0205 it may signify that BT is starting the retirement process at just 15 years early? (hopefully not)

that or because their non-rebuilds (hence still being in the old livery)

Brampton Transit #0435, 0315 & 0205

Brampton Transit #0435, 0315 & 0205

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...