Brampton Transit/Züm

Gil

On 7/13/2016 at 10:05 PM, soo8513 said:

Is there an update on the 1601-series and 1675-series orders.  I've seen 1608 in service.

Most of the 2016 Novas are in service based on many pics I have seen within various Facebook groups.

In terms of the 2016 XDE60s for ZUM, I hadn't heard anything nor seen any of them in service, or even if they're on property or not. Any updates at all?

On 7/16/2016 at 0:26 AM, newflyerinvero said:

Most of the 2016 Novas are in service based on many pics I have seen within various Facebook groups.

In terms of the 2016 XDE60s for ZUM, I hadn't heard anything nor seen any of them in service, or even if they're on property or not. Any updates at all?

From what I saw on Saturday, only some of the Nova 1600's are in service.  There was a group of the higher-numbered buses in the orders parked in the back lot at the Sandalwood facility that were just delivered (the seats still had plastic covering them).

Regarding the Züm 1600's, they were also parked out back at Sandalwood, also recently delivered.

• 1 month later...

Speaking of the 16xx XDE60s, the only noticeable difference I noticed is that the perch seats in the bellows area now only have one on each side instead of two on year side like the previous orders. They now have poles on the wall after the bellows as well with foam on them. 

In case anyone has not noticed, recently i saw #1677 on route 502 last weekend on sunday. Also on the topic of the 99xx's they all of the active units seem to be back into their regular revenue service, i recently saw 9972 today on route 214 along with 9967 on the same route on tuesday and 9972 on route 207 on that same day.

• 2 weeks later...

Been having troubles trying to post the link of this, but Brampton Transit announced earlier this week that a Public Information Centre was to be held on Wednesday fo this week for 4 new route proposals for the 53 - Ray Lawson. The proposals are supposed to be displayed on the website either yesterday or today. Anyone else see them as I've been having problems accessing the site lately.
Another question is, what has went so wrong on the 53 that it needs to be changed this early?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just a note that while in Brampton today, I had noticed that the 511 Zum Steeles, in both directions as well as Routes 3/3A - McLauglin, 4/4A - Chingcousy, 11 - Steeles & 51 - Hereford are all serving Sheridan College directly with a new stop. The Zum shelter to the west of McLaughlin Drive was removed.
Routes 52/52A - McMurchy, 53 - Ray Lawson & 55 - Eldwin Markell (pardon the spelling), had already served there prior to the new stop layout continue to serve the campus.

I'm not sure when those changes were implemented, but looks as though the road network within the college campus is complete. I could only make out the one large area for Brampton buses to stop, but am unsure where the MiWay 66 - McLaughlin and 61A - Mavis stop.

3 hours ago, newflyerinvero said:

Just a note that while in Brampton today, I had noticed that the 511 Zum Steeles, in both directions as well as Routes 3/3A - McLauglin, 4/4A - Chingcousy, 11 - Steeles & 51 - Hereford are all serving Sheridan College directly with a new stop. The Zum shelter to the west of McLaughlin Drive was removed.

Routes 52/52A - McMurchy, 53 - Ray Lawson & 55 - Eldwin Markell (pardon the spelling), had already served there prior to the new stop layout continue to serve the campus.

I'm not sure when those changes were implemented, but looks as though the road network within the college campus is complete. I could only make out the one large area for Brampton buses to stop, but am unsure where the MiWay 66 - McLaughlin and 61A - Mavis stop.

I believe this stop was primarily implemented to better benefit the Humber college students with easier access to Brampton routes.

Also I'm pretty sure that MiWay is maintaining the same bus stops that we're used before the fixes we're implemented.

Edited by BramptonTransitFan84

• 3 weeks later...

This is interesting. I had been in belief for quite awhile now for ZUM to head down to the Airport as a natural rapid transit route (other then the 115), to provide that type of needed service and as it, in my opinion brings along a natural type of rapid transit connection and helps more people head to Pearson without looking at the 115, even though the 115 is a good route, too.

I am in favour of Option 4. However, the lack of connection to the MiExpress 107 is the only drawback. Most connections at Terminal 1. Even though the routing through T1 is circular, it would require two more Zum buses but, I am assuming that they have the resources to cover that, no?

On 11/29/2016 at 2:26 PM, dj.surf.lfs said:

Zum Airport Road (505 extension) Public Information Centre:

http://www.brampton.ca/EN/residents/transit/service-alerts/Documents/ZUM Airport Rd Proposed Route-Nov2016-Web.pdf

Potential terminus includes Bramalea GO, Westwood Mall, Airport LINK Station and Pearson Terminal 1, with a potential diversion to Malton GO (RER).

On 11/29/2016 at 2:26 PM, dj.surf.lfs said:

Zum Airport Road (505 extension) Public Information Centre:

http://www.brampton.ca/EN/residents/transit/service-alerts/Documents/ZUM Airport Rd Proposed Route-Nov2016-Web.pdf

Potential terminus includes Bramalea GO, Westwood Mall, Airport LINK Station and Pearson Terminal 1, with a potential diversion to Malton GO (RER).

You forgot to post the details of the PIC for anyone who wanted to go:

Züm Airport Road Public Information Centre

Join us for the public information centre to review the proposed Züm Airport Road route.

Bramalea Terminal   

November 30, 4-6pm

Trinity Common Terminal  

December 1, 3-5pm

5 hours ago, newflyerinvero said:

This is interesting. I had been in belief for quite awhile now for ZUM to head down to the Airport as a natural rapid transit route (other then the 115), to provide that type of needed service and as it, in my opinion brings along a natural type of rapid transit connection and helps more people head to Pearson without looking at the 115, even though the 115 is a good route, too.

I am in favour of Option 4. However, the lack of connection to the MiExpress 107 is the only drawback. Most connections at Terminal 1. Even though the routing through T1 is circular, it would require two more Zum buses but, I am assuming that they have the resources to cover that, no?

MiWay does eventually plan on having a MiExpress route serve Pearson directly which would connect with the Airport Züm with both slated for 2018.  (Both agencies are guilty of making plans without consulting the other to get the bigger picture!)  There have been suggestions to run as far south as the Renforth Gateway Terminal which will be served by MiWay, TTC and GO Transit.  Would bypassing Pearson to keep the 115 (with transfers at the Derry stop) and heading there be reasonable?  The added distance would still probably require two extra buses.

• 1 month later...
On 10/01/2017 at 3:06 PM, 502 Downtowner said:

9969 and 9972 have been retired, leaving 9970 and 9971 as the last two active Vs. Both are due for MTO in February.

Figures, i actually went to clark about a week before school started up and got some shots of 9967, 9965, 9968, 9966 sitting at the back of the yard. Plus drivers told me that 2 units still remain active for use.

Personally im gonna miss them alot, really glad i got a ton of photos, when on the charter and made use of their almost daily appearance on the 214.

P1000197.JPG

• 2 weeks later...