Brampton Transit/Züm

Gil

Do any of the ZUM lines run in bus only lanes?

No. There are many bus queue-jump lanes at intersections on Queen, Bovaird, and Steeles, with far-side bus stops, but these are basically extensions of right turn lanes that allow buses pass cars stopped at red lights and clear intersections quicker.

No. There are many bus queue-jump lanes at intersections on Queen, Bovaird, and Steeles, with far-side bus stops, but these are basically extensions of right turn lanes that allow buses pass cars stopped at red lights and clear intersections quicker.

The majority of which do make a huge difference though, easily saving ten or more minutes per one way trip if you add up all the red lights avoided.

Brampton Transit's Fall 2016 Service Plan Concepts are out.

It's very...underwhelming this year. Big decision is whether the Queen West Zum corridor will be a continuation of the 501/A westbound and then north, or the 505 Bovaird west, south, then east. Queen West Zum is supposed to have 15 peak headways, 20 minute midday/Saturday/Sunday day service, no evening service.

The 18 Dixie north extension, which was supposed to happen last year, is proposed to happen this year...if the road get reconstructed and intersection build at Dixie/Inspire.

The 1 Queen will be extended to Mt. Pleasant via Queen and Mississauga. Existing terminus loop will be 1A. Service changes with 56 Springbrook, 60 Mississauga, and others to be sorted out.

When Peel Memorial's new hospital opens, 1/A will loop in campus. 52 McMurchy extended from downtown to serve hospital as well.

previous.gif

You beat me to the posting. It seems they're having the consultation meetings a month earlier and at twice as many locations across Brampton. Along with the consultations that MiWay is currently conducting I'd hope that the two agencies are talking to one another!

Here are the consultation dates, times and locations from the Brampton Transit announcement:

Thursday, March 10
Flower City Lawn Bowling Facility
8910 McLaughlin Road
4 – 6 pm
Friday, March 11
Bramalea Terminal
160 Central Park Drive
3 – 6 pm
Monday, March 14
Gore Meadows Community Centre
10150 The Gore Road
4 – 7 pm
Tuesday, March 15
Cassie Campbell Community Centre
1050 Sandalwood Parkway West
4 – 7 pm
Friday, March 18
Chris Gibson Recreation Centre
125 McLaughlin Road
4 – 7 pm
Monday, March 21
Brampton Gateway Terminal
501 Main Street South
3 – 6 pm
Tuesday, March 22
Brampton Soccer Centre
1495 Sandalwood Parkway East
4 – 7 pm

Spotted a Not In Service bus southbound on Dixie at Dundas tonight. Didn't catch the number. Where was it headed that far into Mississauga? En route to a shop or is it doing trial runs of an extended 185?

Anyone out Brampton-way seen any of the last batch of XDE60's for ZUM? I think this is the last batch as per that long contract with NFI for ZUM buses. I believe they're supposed to be 8 of them for this year then that's it for awhile I suppose.

Not yet, not that it matters anyways because they would be parked outside until the Sandalwood expansion is complete as there's no space for them in the current facility.

Spotted a Not In Service bus southbound on Dixie at Dundas tonight. Didn't catch the number. Where was it headed that far into Mississauga? En route to a shop or is it doing trial runs of an extended 185?

I see Brampton buses south of Eglinton on Dixie often enough. Usually being followed by a Brampton service truck. Likely coming/going from/to a service facility.

• 4 weeks later...

1601, 1605, 1608, 1609, 1610 are all parked outside at Clark. 1601 and 1605 already have ads on the back for the City of Brampton. 9965 and I presume 9968 (could not see fleet number properly) is parked outside at the back of the garage. Not sure if those have already been retired or is just sitting out there for some reason. Couldn't see if the licence plate was still on or not.

All Orion VIs and 2001 Orion Vs are all gone. 

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, TransferCutter said:

Cut benefits and remove their 30 minute break and force the operators to drive 8 hrs straight. Dig your heels in boys and girls, it's worth striking over.

http://www.680news.com/2016/04/25/brampton-transit-workers-two-weeks-away-from-legal-strike-position/

I still don't understand how this is allowed. I thought the ESA doesn't give employees the option to give up their 30 minute breaks.

As a passenger, I don't have an opinion on the benefits issue but all drivers (all workers in general) should be getting proper breaks.

10 hours ago, Halloween said:

I still don't understand how this is allowed. I thought the ESA doesn't give employees the option to give up their 30 minute breaks.

Many of the contracts written for certain services - police officers, firefighters, transit employees, to name but three - include provisions that supersede the ESA where both parties sign to allow it.

Dan

Here are some photos I shot on April 22 of the BYD Electric Artic bus at Mississauga City Hall that could be roaming the Brampton roads starting next year. More up on site

Since the Province made the announcement in Brampton on Monday about Transit going green and using its system as a test bed, it will be interesting to see what get used up there.

The BYD bus out of California can travel 300 km before doing a 3 hours recharging cycle. No idea what speed will see the greatest drain on the batteries.

No idea how they brought the bus up here other than being on a low boy trailer since it would take weeks to driving it here and stopping every 300 km and wait the 3 hours for recharging to be done. 
26417984940_b27cd3f172_h.jpg
26598113942_2b11067e59_h.jpg
26598123012_4582fd745e_h.jpg
26418008090_11a0837e5e_h.jpg
26418009040_b2285af580_h.jpg
26085307414_bc2a86ffa6_h.jpg
26418008590_6ef468c418_h.jpg
26085318784_421c2e6041_h.jpg

Ew. I've rode the 23 Sandalwood on a terrible 2006 Nova Bus LFS and it was really horrible. Some BT fleets are terrible, especially the Nova Buses. They are loud as hell.

3 hours ago, TransitComedian1999 said:

Ew. I've rode the 23 Sandalwood on a terrible 2006 Nova Bus LFS and it was terrible. Some BT fleets are terrible, especially the Nova Buses. They are loud as hell.

Deal with it...

Take the next bus..

• Like 5

1 hour ago, noahrp24 said:

Deal with it...

Take the next bus..

Sorry but I was a bit in a hurry plus the route I took wasn't frequent. And that bus #633 I rode on had some issues. It keep on stop requesting unexpectedly and the back of the bus was more shaky than a normal bus. Those 2006 Nova Bus at least needs mid-life refurbishments. I have filmed it today and I will put it on YouTube.