Brampton Transit/Züm

Gil

I thought one of MiWay, Brampton or Milton wanted to go to the outlet mall. Since the mall is in Halton Hills, permission had to be obtained from the town and the town declined.

Perhaps a feasibility study to determine whether sufficient demand exists - either for people going to the mall, or as a connection point between system - for any of MiWay, Brampton, Milton and GO to run a route to the existing unused bus loop in the MTO carpool lot.

It could be a great way to tie Milton Transit into the rest of the system without requiring payment of the more expensive GO fare.

Milton could extend the Route 2 from its current eastern terminus at the WalMart plaza. There is an industrial area at Steels & Fifth Line that might generate some additional trips during shift start and end times.

MiWay could extend the Route 38 or 45 or run a new route from Meadowvale Town Centre.

With its upcoming service changes, not sure what would be the best option for Brampton Transit.

Go could have select 407 corridor and/or Route 25 trips service the loop.

• 1 month later...

I wasn't sure where to post this in terms of the new 185 Dixie Express. But I'm hoping this will do.

I was on miExpress 1202 at Bramalea Terminal back last Thursday afternoon/evening which left at 5:15pm. I had seen two other miExpress buses, (an Orion and an XD40), to which I felt like one of those going northbound may have been a 5. Not many people on board, but it was expected as it's still a new route.
What I did notice is that as my bus pulled into Dixie Station's westbound platform, Brampton 1118 was just leaving at 5:45pm. So, perhaps there are 5 buses out on that route rather then 4. As, since it is 30 minutes end to end, I was expecting 1202 to rush to the eastbound platform to leave which would've been 5 minutes late, but as it was instead, Brampton 1118 that left at 5:45pm. Perhaps MiWay 1202 left at 6pm then.

Any other observations of the 185?

I wasn't sure where to post this in terms of the new 185 Dixie Express. But I'm hoping this will do.

I was on miExpress 1202 at Bramalea Terminal back last Thursday afternoon/evening which left at 5:15pm. I had seen two other miExpress buses, (an Orion and an XD40), to which I felt like one of those going northbound may have been a 5. Not many people on board, but it was expected as it's still a new route.

What I did notice is that as my bus pulled into Dixie Station's westbound platform, Brampton 1118 was just leaving at 5:45pm. So, perhaps there are 5 buses out on that route rather then 4. As, since it is 30 minutes end to end, I was expecting 1202 to rush to the eastbound platform to leave which would've been 5 minutes late, but as it was instead, Brampton 1118 that left at 5:45pm. Perhaps MiWay 1202 left at 6pm then.

Any other observations of the 185?

There are 6 buses used on the 185, 3 from MiWay and 3 from Brampton Transit. The runtime for each trip varies by direction and time of day and some of them have rather long layovers at each end. The MIWay operated trips depart Dixie Station at :00 and :30 so chances are 1202 was the 6pm trip.

How is this legal? Doesn't the ESA (Employment Standards Act) mandate 30 minute breaks ever 5 hours (which can be broken into 2 15 minute breaks). I'm pretty sure this is one the sections that can't be signed away either even if the employee agrees to it.

How is this legal? Doesn't the ESA (Employment Standards Act) mandate 30 minute breaks ever 5 hours (which can be broken into 2 15 minute breaks). I'm pretty sure this is one the sections that can't be signed away either even if the employee agrees to it.

They already said MiWay and TTC have agreed to this.

There is many holes in the Employment Standards Act. Federal regulated industries it does not apply. Also if your working alone and can not be relieved this does not apply.

There is many holes in the Employment Standards Act. Federal regulated industries it does not apply. Also if your working alone and can not be relieved this does not apply.

That has nothing to do with it here.

The ESA makes allowances for situations where there have been bargained agreements between the employer and employees. These agreements can state exceptions to standard ESA rules. Firefighters also fit into this exception.

Dan

9849, 9855, 9856, 9860, 9861, 9862, 9863, and 9864 have been retired.

They were retired back in August. Fareboxes, presto, iBus units have already been removed when I went there in August. For some reason they took out all the destination sign controls but just the signs on the bus. I heard the flipdot signs were taken out recently. I heard rumors that all Orion VIs were retired but I'm not sure if it's true. When I went to the garage in August for a visit, I saw none inside the garage but when I asked someone if any are left, they said they think there are a few left. But after counting the ones sitting at the back of the yard and the 2 I saw photos of at the scrapyard, there were a few units that I don't know where they are now. Not sure if they are retired and sold off or scrapped already.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Have anyone been by the Humber College Terminal (Etobicoke Campus)? Is it a layout that has separate bus bays for Brampton Transit 11/11A, 50 & 511/511A, MiWay (22, 107, TTC 36, 96, 191 & YRT 7? Is this terminal inside the campus grounds without having buses utilize stops along Humber College Bouelvard?

Just asking as when looking at that terminal on a map I couldn't quite determine it was along the street or on the campus itself.

Have anyone been by the Humber College Terminal (Etobicoke Campus)? Is it a layout that has separate bus bays for Brampton Transit 11/11A, 50 & 511/511A, MiWay (22, 107, TTC 36, 96, 191 & YRT 7? Is this terminal inside the campus grounds without having buses utilize stops along Humber College Bouelvard?

Just asking as when looking at that terminal on a map I couldn't quite determine it was along the street or on the campus itself.

The terminal is inside the campus. All buses have moved there. The stops outside on Humber College Blvd is no longer in service. Each bus has its own platform at the terminal and they each have a TV screen for the next bus info as well as some ads playing. GO transit had a platform or 2 but they cancelled their service to Humber before the terminal opened.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

Brampton says no to millions in provincial transit line funding

Oliver Moore - URBAN TRANSPORTATION REPORTER
BRAMPTON, ONT. — The Globe and Mail
Published Wednesday, Oct. 28, 2015 7:01AM EDT
Last updated Wednesday, Oct. 28, 2015 7:06AM EDT

In a controversial decision overnight, Brampton city council voted to reject hundreds of millions of dollars in provincial funding for a transit line.

Wow! Stunning.

I suppose the path of least resistance for Metrolinx would be to build the Mississauga portion of the north-south light rail line, and link the northern station in Mississauga with the Brampton GO Station with a non-stop bus shuttle. Metrolinx could then spend ten or twenty years "planning" (and never building) the east-west LRT some Brampton City Councillors think they deserve.

I suppose the path of least resistance for Metrolinx would be to build the Mississauga portion of the north-south light rail line, and link the northern station in Mississauga with the Brampton GO Station with a non-stop bus shuttle. Metrolinx could then spend ten or twenty years "planning" (and never building) the east-west LRT some Brampton City Councillors think they deserve.

It will probably be HMLRT to Gateway, then Zum 502 from there to Sandalwood via Brampton GO.

• 2 months later...

Pardon the bump...
But I had noticed that routes which would (on their route maps), serve the Sheridan College campus just off of Steeles, showing the route line going into the campus. The 3, 4, 11 & 51 look like they all go into the Sheridan campus property.
I had only been in Brampton once about 6 weeks ago and I didn't notice any of those routes, other then the 52 or 53 being in the property and serving that stop before going onto Steeles and Brampton Gateway.
Is this an oversight when the maps were printed (they're even displayed similarly online too), by Brampton Transit or did they want people to get the faslse sense that all routes that happen to be on Steeles or turn onto Steeles like the 3 and 4 or the 11 and 51 go into Sheridan but actually don't?

Back in April, Brampton Transit staff said that a new roadway was being built that would connect the Sheridan College bus loop with McLaughlin Road, making it simple for buses off Steeles to enter/exit the campus. I guess it hasn't been built yet, much like the James Potter Road/ OBRY level crossing wasn't yet open when the map was published.

The terminal map for Sheridan College (in the printed map) shows 11/511 stops on Steeles Avenue, not on Sheridan College property.

Pardon the bump...

But I had noticed that routes which would (on their route maps), serve the Sheridan College campus just off of Steeles, showing the route line going into the campus. The 3, 4, 11 & 51 look like they all go into the Sheridan campus property.

I had only been in Brampton once about 6 weeks ago and I didn't notice any of those routes, other then the 52 or 53 being in the property and serving that stop before going onto Steeles and Brampton Gateway.

Is this an oversight when the maps were printed (they're even displayed similarly online too), by Brampton Transit or did they want people to get the faslse sense that all routes that happen to be on Steeles or turn onto Steeles like the 3 and 4 or the 11 and 51 go into Sheridan but actually don't?

Back in April, Brampton Transit staff said that a new roadway was being built that would connect the Sheridan College bus loop with McLaughlin Road, making it simple for buses off Steeles to enter/exit the campus. I guess it hasn't been built yet, much like the James Potter Road/ OBRY level crossing wasn't yet open when the map was published.

The terminal map for Sheridan College (in the printed map) shows 11/511 stops on Steeles Avenue, not on Sheridan College property.

The Sheridan College terminal was expected to be built and operational for September 2015. However, construction has yet to commence and I presume the college is responsible for the delay as any other major Brampton Transit project has at least started construction on time and been finished within reason of the estimated completion date. I personally don't see the need for a terminal there as the walking distance from even the westbound Steeles stop to the campus is extremely minimal.