Ex-GO Coaches

38 Highland Creek

I found EX. GO 2106, its being used everyday as a "Flamboro Downs Slots Shuttle" operated by AYR Coachlines, renumbered to 302. I dont see the point of them removing the #1 from the roof and not the rest..

(Sorry, crappy cell shot)

I believe they had difficulty to remove it, so might as well leave it. But thanks, it does help what former unit.

Time to bring up that old arguement!! be on the lookout for an Ontario Northland Ex GO Transit 21xx series bus!! saw it on the highway yesterday with fully functional destination signs (North Bay Local)

saw that bus in Timmins Last night numbered 5014 for ontario northland

• 2 weeks later...

Alrighty guys, wheres the D40S locations! If possible :)

Probably that pop can you're drinking...

A few got sold to local GTA agencies (specifically Brampton Transit and Markham Transit (later YRT)) but they only lasted a few years. The Wiki lists Cullingford Coaches having 1946 still active but by now it might be a parts bus for ex-TTC 6488, a regular D40.

Ex-GO 1467 is still at Conestoga college and looks like it has no intentions of leaving. It`s in good of condition

DSCF2908.JPG

Wow, Conestoga is got 2 buses for the Truck Coach Program. I doubt Centennial College will get a second bus. Although the Orion V they donated to Centennial College is in pretty good condition to drive!

Parts have stripped down, good for mechanical practice!

Looks like someone just left a few doors and windows open...

Alrighty guys, wheres the D40S locations! If possible :)

Check the Wiki under GO Transit 1900's, although like Articulated said most are likely scrap fodder by now. GO dumped them early (due to corrosion/rust or bulkhead stress IIRC? there were only a few left by 2003) and many of the agencies that got them secondhand have retired them by now. They weren't as well built as the 102A2's which many companies/groups/resellers scooped up secondhand.

GO dumped them early (due to corrosion/rust or bulkhead stress IIRC? there were only a few left by 2003) and many of the agencies that got them secondhand have retired them by now. They weren't as well built as the 102A2's which many companies/groups/resellers scooped up secondhand.

The D40S suffered the same as most of New Flyer's buses produced during this time - early frame corrosion. I think GO's sales to Brampton and Markham occurred around 1999, so they had been at least starting to dump them a lot earlier than 2003 (at the very least, Markham Transit acquired some before their amalgamation into YRT, so it would've had to be 2000 at the very latest).

The D40S suffered the same as most of New Flyer's buses produced during this time - early frame corrosion. I think GO's sales to Brampton and Markham occurred around 1999, so they had been at least starting to dump them a lot earlier than 2003 (at the very least, Markham Transit acquired some before their amalgamation into YRT, so it would've had to be 2000 at the very latest).

Brampton's were aquired in early 2000 (and retired in late 2003/early 2004), it was likely an ongoing disposition thing.

There was a post on the now-dormant Transit Fans Ontario Yahoo group in 2003 that mentions a few were sitting retired and parked for resale, and the remaining stragglers leftover (~10-ish, yes 10) underwent minor powertrain and body work too keep 'em going. I've also heard mention that the A/C setup at the back caused some structural stress issues.

They were decent to ride compared to a straight transit Orion V (better seats), but they were no D4500...and the single set of doors didn't help the local transit agencies that picked them up. Brampton's were bought for the 77 (I rode one once on it, it made the long route more tolerable), but ended up wasting most of their remaining lives on low ridership routes such as Industrials 10/20/30 + 22 because of the doors.

Wow, Conestoga is got 2 buses for the Truck Coach Program. I doubt Centennial College will get a second bus. Although the Orion V they donated to Centennial College is in pretty good condition to drive!

A little late to mention but there are 3 buses at the college, there use to be 4 of them.

oh my bad, I was only aware of the Orion 7 First Gen demonstrator and now the (pictured above) Go Bus. What's the third one? Another Go Bus?

GRT 8509 there use to be an Orion V from GRT as well. Anyways does anyone know where i can fin the Orion 1's and the Fishbolws that go had?

GRT 8509 there use to be an Orion V from GRT as well. Anyways does anyone know where i can fin the Orion 1's and the Fishbolws that go had?

YRT got most of the ex-GO Orion I's and retired them a number of years ago (scrap). GO's fishbowls were scattered to the wind, most are probably soup cans and new Toyotas by now.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A couple days ago, saw one of the Prevost (unable to see the number clearly) as it was heading on Hwy 401 eastbound, I was going the opposite. This bus has completely stripped down the green paint, now shows the stainless steel look but with residue of glue left, two mini-A/C installed on the roof and I can't see who it belongs to at the rear. It does show the "GO Charter GO" sign still.