Réseau de transport de la Capitale

SMS

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Ds9Defiant1701 said:

Someone in a facebook group said that the 1901 exist and posted a picture which i won't put here since i might not have his permission to do it. From what i heard we probably have 1801 then 1901 to 1962 or 1963 and not 1964.

You should check the wiki before making posts like this. All the information is there if you were not aware, many systems are updated fairly frequently.
Here is RTCs wiki:   https://cptdb.ca/wiki/index.php/Réseau_de_transport_de_la_Capitale#Current

1 hour ago, MaT said:

You should check the wiki before making posts like this. All the information is there if you were not aware, many systems are updated fairly frequently.
Here is RTCs wiki:   https://cptdb.ca/wiki/index.php/Réseau_de_transport_de_la_Capitale#Current

Yeah i know but the wiki says there is no 1901 however i saw a picture of it existing...

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
7 minutes ago, Thomasw said:

I did some extensive research but can’t seem to figure out why the 79 went to the Université Laval. In fact from what I know the 79 should even wander anywhere near the university.

79 has peak service to ULaval and beyond, with terminus at Chemin Sainte-Foy/Avenue Belvédère.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

RTC will get a third garage ... but not a new building

RTC will buy the former distribution center of the Simons clothing store chain for 32.5 millions dollars, they will need to do conversion work for the building to be suitable to be a bus garage. Final cost expected to range between 90 and 100 millions dollars, but they say it's half price of a brand new garage.

Press release (french): https://www.rtcquebec.ca/medias/communiques/le-rtc-conclut-une-entente-pour-lacquisition-dun-3e-centre-dexploitation

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 1 month later...

RTC 1303 was involved in a fatal crash last night on A-440, the 60 years old driver of a car hitted the bus while travelling wrong way on the highway is the one fatality in that accident

Photos https://www.zone911.com/accidents/30013-quebec-collision-frontale-mortelle-sur-l-autoroute-dufferin-montmorency?fbclid=IwAR1moE2dycHmhGUeDZmOISgbYq-DpxjQr90_nJrDxVVXbjHt25nPXRZnB7o

• Sad 1

• 2 months later...

Bandeau_Page_Projet_Flexibus.thumb.jpg.6926a6124939b8972fb5c3e0607c56de.jpg

Well RTC proceeded to a major announcement today, by the end of 2021, some sector of the cities will be served by on request transit services.

The new service called Flexibus will be operated by Sprinter type vans by private contractors. So basicly the system will be on request transit that can be planned or on the spot, they promise that you will get pick up in 15 minutes or less. Service will be available to "virtual stops" or at real bus stops. Booking can be done via Mobile app, website or phone. Standard RTC fare applies. Note that you can travel within a zone but cannot travel with Flexibus to a zone not served by the service or to another Flexibus Zone

For 2021, service will be offered in Notre-Dame-Des-Laurentides, Saint-Émile, Lac Saint-Charles, Val-Bélair, Loretteville, Montmorency areas

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 3 months later...

Fares updates

- New 20 tickets packages will be available for 58$ (2.90 per ride) starting with the new fare grid July 1st, this is an attempt to offer more flexibility to office workers that might not return full time to their cubicule when pandemic ends. Sadly, this deal is only offered at full fare, not reduced fare.

- The 1 day pass will finally become a true 24h pass, not ending at 4am even if it was activated at 8pm the previous day

Also due to Pierre-Laporte bridge having major pavement work blitz this summer (due to you guess it poor work execution the first time... sigh) they are two new temporary fare introduced (Mid June to Mid August)

- One day Metropolitain pass (RTC + STLevis + Ferry) for 9$
- Five days Metropolitain pass for 36$
- Monthly passes will be sold at a discounted rate for July and August months

The Van Hools are working. I see them day, night and weekends.

I took them a couple of times on routes 1 and/or 18 and/or 19 (can't remember precisely, though it was in lower town). Except for the seat config that makes it look like an empty box on wheel, the UX is similar to a Nova for the common user (I'm not into engine sounds and transmission types and the usual geeky stuff).

On 6/29/2020 at 12:33 PM, Ds9Defiant1701 said:

Someone in a facebook group said that the 1901 exist and posted a picture which i won't put here since i might not have his permission to do it. From what i heard we probably have 1801 then 1901 to 1962 or 1963 and not 1964.

I'm here to confirm that 1901 exists! I just saw it in Terminus Beauport.

361EAD9D-2089-4E91-A73A-420B8DCFC2A5.jpeg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Ds9Defiant1701 said:

A third Artic toasted now its the 1065

Is it 100% confirmed it's 1065? I don't want to update the Wiki until I'm sure.

edit: I updated it anyways, but of course will change it accordingly.

Edited by Odieville2

• 1 month later...

Métrobus 800's direction signs have changed. Instead of using Beauport as the eastern destination, now it's Terminus Chute-Montmorency. Makes sense, considering 801 was changed from a generic "Charlesbourg" to "Terminus de la Faune".

93201BC9-5262-4B42-BACC-1AE1D057CCF9.jpeg

BDCEB5F0-9595-4D92-BECA-C2A977EB795F.jpeg

C45ECE42-600D-4B2A-B0E8-2EC180380098.jpeg

• 2 months later...
On 11/15/2021 at 10:06 PM, tommike said:

hi any update how the van hool buses working out?

Contradicting informations, a contact of mine said that Vanhools are now more reliable then 2015 hybrids LFS

Yet they have put the "L"imited user letter on some of them

• 2 months later...