SMS

Réseau de transport de la Capitale

RTC has announced the new fare grid for 2019 starting July 1st, while most fares raises are modest, they are a couple changes worth nothing

- Bus will now be free for kids 12 and under, currently it's 5 and younger, that also means that Family privilege will be always avaliable (that one starts June 22th)

- The 2$ surcharge for Taxibus users will be abolished, but they will be required to present valid fare to board taxi

- Due to others students bus subscription programs (the universal pass at Laval University and la Passe de session in CEGEP), the RTC will abolish the students subscription program, those who need them will be transfered to the general programs but they keep their fare privilege)

• Thanks 1

Vanhool update: Heard that about 20 units out of the 64 ordered are now in active duty, that can be confirm on the field as Vanhool are operated weekdays and weekends. Highest unit seen so far for me in 1928

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, eclair14 said:

Vanhool update: Heard that about 20 units out of the 64 ordered are now in active duty, that can be confirm on the field as Vanhool are operated weekdays and weekends. Highest unit seen so far for me in 1928

What's the fleet number range? 1801, 1902-1928?

Seems RTC is lacking buses to put in service (as they seems to have the same issue every summer), L0001 was pressed back into service as it was spotted in service today

• Thanks 1

The new route 76 that will link Quebec City airport and the Sainte-Foy VIA Rail train station will begin operation tomorrow June 15th 2019, service is every 30 minutes between 5h30am to 1030pm daily. This is because summer booking starts tomorrow, expect a major increase of Vanhool buses in service with a lot of them running in the nighttime.

• Like 1

Hey guys

I will be spending two full weeks in Quebec City near the end of July and I was wondering if there were any good places to go fanning for buses in Quebec City. I was also wondering if there were certain buses(other than the Van Hooks) that I should look out for.

By the Hilton Hotel (René-Lévesque west of Honoré-Mercier) ie Colline Parlementaire "Metrobus Station" is a good bet. I would also suggest Place d'Youville which is a short walk away and has other bus action. Université Laval is also decent and features Lévis bus action all day (downtown only sees Lévis bus service at rush hour). Other major RTC bus terminals include but are not limited to Beauport, Charlesbourg (both on the Metrobus lines) as well as Galeries de la Capitale. Happy hunting!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SMS said:

By the Hilton Hotel (René-Lévesque west of Honoré-Mercier) ie Colline Parlementaire "Metrobus Station" is a good bet. I would also suggest Place d'Youville which is a short walk away and has other bus action. Université Laval is also decent and features Lévis bus action all day (downtown only sees Lévis bus service at rush hour). Other major RTC bus terminals include but are not limited to Beauport, Charlesbourg (both on the Metrobus lines) as well as Galeries de la Capitale. Happy hunting!

I think I may visit Beauport, Place Jacques-Cartier, Colline Parlementaire and Pointe-de-Sainte-Foy. If timing permits I may try to fan Laval university.

Thanks for your help!

Since i am the self proclaim resident Quebec City expert on this board, let we weight in

- Colline Parlementaire / Grand Théâtre / Place d'Youville: Very good in the afternoon for a lot of action, altough Place d'Youville is surrounded by tall building and sun angle is not very good. RTC at all Time, Rush hour STLevis, Autocars des Chutes, Plumboile, TCJC, CTRP.

- Place Jacques-Cartier : Personnally don't like that location, sun angle not great and lots of building,

- Laval University / Laurier Blvd, A lot of buses all day round, RTC and STLevis all day, rush hours Autocars des Chutes, TCJC, Express Lotbinière

- Quatre-Bourgeois between Ste-Foy and  de la Foresterie bus lane, not a well known spot for photos but will allow you to catch most RTC 300 series express.

- des Rocailles garage, very good sun angle in the evening for buses entering the garage from des Replats streets (after 5:30 pm) , lots of action.

For the rest of terminals, check sun angle before going there, also for Galeries de la Capitale please shot outside the terminal as the terminal is in the mall grounds and security might intervene (even if it's technically RTC territory).

If you have questions or want to meet up, PM me

• Thanks 1

There is also the other RTC garage near Armand-Villau you will see lot of Artic Buses idk the hours but i know the artic garage is near that

For Des rocaille there is the 82/61 or 803 that you can take to go there(you need to walk a little with 803)

• Thanks 1

On 6/17/2019 at 11:11 PM, Ds9Defiant1701 said:

There is also the other RTC garage near Armand-Villau you will see lot of Artic Buses idk the hours but i know the artic garage is near that

For Des rocaille there is the 82/61 or 803 that you can take to go there(you need to walk a little with 803)

That's Armand-Viau. 7555 Armand-Viau to be specific. Thank you Google!

A little care in what we type here, please! Merci / thank you.

• Like 1

Spotted 1916 (a Van Hool) on the 16 yesterday. Does anyone know of any other 19XX Van Hools in service, and how many there will be?

Edit: 1904 was also spotted on route 1 a couple days ago

Edited by Thomasw

On 7/19/2019 at 9:53 AM, Thomasw said:

Spotted 1916 (a Van Hool) on the 16 yesterday. Does anyone know of any other 19XX Van Hools in service, and how many there will be?

Edit: 1904 was also spotted on route 1 a couple days ago

So far the highest vehicule seen in revenue service is 1927. If you want more, they are spread out a bit everywhere, except on eXpress and of course Metrobus service

However RTC seems very careful for now to not have too much Vanhool out at the same time. For exemple the 1952 pulse at Les Saules bus terminal on Friday, out of 5 Vanhools runs (runs beginning with 19xx, 39xx or 49xx), only one had actually a Vanhool operating on it

• Confused 1

On 7/20/2019 at 11:16 PM, eclair14 said:

So far the highest vehicule seen in revenue service is 1927.

Make that 1930. Saw it on the 28 on Sunday if I am remembering that right. I have seen quite a few Van Hools on the 28 in the last week.

Numerous changes for the fall board periods

In addition of the following changes that i described in that post ...

There also also the following changes

- Route 11 will be optimized, some stops will be removed or moved from part of the optimization, also this impact some stops on route 25 that are shared with route 11

- Route 125, the rush hour limited stops variant of Route 25 is abolished, extra trips on route 25 have been added in replacement.

- Route 44 has a minor route change, going north instead of Clemenceau then left on Seigneuriale, bus will do L du Semoir , R Joseph-Giffard and L Seigneuriale

- Route 185 has a slight increase of service in Sainte-Foy Centre

- Route 50,250,350,550,950 will stop serving the town of Boischatel, a new local transit service will replace the service offered by the RTC

- Route 77,277,377 and 577 have a slight route changes, buses will use Adam and Ste-Geneviève to/from Henri-IV, this is a congestion avoidance change

- Routes in the 4xx series, the Videotron Center events shuttle will now only have one departure per parking lot instead of the current 2.

Saint-Augustin area

- Route 92 is heavily modified, they add service to the sports complex, loop in the saint-augustin area will be reversed so more stops are sidewalk side, service will be more direct in the Bocages area, route will end at the Garneau CEGEP via Laurier and the Laval Univeristy Campus

- Route 94 now become a full time route, starting from the Notre-Dame-de-Foy school, it will serve the Bocages area that was previously served by the 92, it will now also serve part of Cap-Rouge before heading to the CEGEP Garneau likme the 92 , rush hour route is extended to downtown Quebec City

- Route 292 is a new route, will replace mostly express 294 but will use Sainte-Foy road between the Univeristy and Calixa-Lavallée to provide service to the CEGEP Garneau

- Route 992 is modified, extended to downtown.

- Route 95,294 et 295 are cancelled

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, eclair14 said:

Numerous changes for the fall board periods

In addition of the following changes that i described in that post ...

- Route 125, the rush hour limited stops variant of Route 25 is abolished, extra trips on route 25 have been added in replacement.

- Route 185 has a slight increase of service in Sainte-Foy Centre

Saint-Augustin area

- Route 94 now become a full time route, starting from the Notre-Dame-de-Foy school, it will serve the Bocages area that was previously served by the 92, it will now also serve part of Cap-Rouge before heading to the CEGEP Garneau likme the 92 , rush hour route is extended to downtown Quebec City

I will not mourn route 125, as I did for route 111. Without reserved lanes on Saint-Louis (nor room for passing) and following the exact same route, the 125 is nothing more than added departures to the 25.

I used to take the handy 185 evening counterpeak departure daily. I'm highly surprised to see added departures. I'd have thought that with the extension of route 75 to Sainte-Foy Centre, 185 would have short turned at Belvédère.

It just make sense to separate off-peak Bocages and Village services in Saint-Augustin, as it always has been prior to the RTC integration. Routing the 94 through Cap-Rouge is a no-brainer. This is a major improvement. What's missing : it's unclear wether a connection with 14/15 to Revenu Québec is possible in Cap-Rouge.