Réseau de transport de la Capitale

SMS

2 hours ago, Chris_the_traveller said:

Going to Quebec City and just wondering if I should download the RTC Nomade app? Is it any better than Transit? Or will I be ok with Transit app?  

Get Moovit. It’s the best transit app that I ever used and worked perfectly in Quebec City.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, eclair14 said:

You will be OK with transit for riding the RTC, you will also get real time information.

However RTC nomade will inform you if a stop is not served due to a detour, transit dont 

Moovit does all of that. It informs you of any type of service issue (cancelled stops or detour) and gives you real time info.

• 2 weeks later...

The residents in the Bocages sector in Saint-Augustin are not happy with the loss of their 295 Express bus to downtown, replaced by a slower bus 94,  and they have bombarded the RTC with complains. While students gained a lot on this new service pattern, downtown users have saw their trip time increase by 30 to 45 minutes daily.

RTC had a meeting with the residents this week and an express bus service is likely to come back very soon.

News article (french)

https://www.quebechebdo.com/local/journal-lappel/183845/lespoir-renait-chez-les-usagers-des-bocages/

I’m going to start keeping track of Van Hools that have been spotted active. I AM NOT KEEPING TRACK OF VEHICLES THAT HAVE SIMPLY BEEN SPOTTED. In the next few days I may add a page for the 2019 Van Hools and update the 2018 page.

2018s:

2019s:

1903-1904, 1910-1920, 1924-1927, 1929, 1930, 1932, 1934, 1935, 1938, 1943(?), 1947, 1950

RTC has announced last week a new partnership with communauto, some of the features of this partnership

- Integration of communauto data into the official RTC Nomade App

-  Reserved spots for two cars at 5 park-n-ride locations

-  A new package deal with RTC monthly pass + 10 FLEX cars rentals for 99$ per month

• 3 weeks later...

Two news about the RTC

- First Radio-Canada got hand on some breakdown statistics for the Vanhool A330K fleet and numbers are not looking good: Over 350 breakdowns were reported since the introduction of the new fleet, 89 of them were considered major breakdowns. Defect from battery losing powers, yellow liquid pouring inside the busd, hybrid propulsion systems, doors, even 2 generators were sent back to Germany to be repaired by Siemens

Article (in french): https://ici.radio-canada.ca/nouvelle/1368247/rtc-midibus-autobus-bris-garage-achat-belgique?fbclid=IwAR12pDa3_Z1pSwAV7dt3Br5PVoQ-b_fqjsIfZCWhmQMi33ohY1WTVaqNS_E

- St-Augustin area will see service adjustments following the busload of complains. However, they will come in two phases

Phase 1 will be a temporary phase for the winter booking, Route 92 will be adjusted to serve better the CEGEP with more AM departure to compensate the withdrawl of the 292 service to the CEGEP. Route 94 will run VIA René-Lévesque in the morning and afternoon peak bypassing both CEGEP, offpeak service will be like it is right now. Express 292 will also use René-Lévesque to cut travel time to downtown travelers.

Phase 2 will be a permanent phase, so the new service pattern will be

- Route 92 Saint-Augustin "downtown" to CEGEP Garneau - Service every 30 minutes during peak, 60 minutes off peak
- Route 94 Saint-Augustin Bocages to CEGEP Garneau - Service every 30 minutes during peak, 60 minutes off peak
- Route 292 Saint-Augustin "downtown" to Quebec City "downtown" - Rush hour only in peak direction of travel, route will also see routing change in Saint-Augustin as the bus will use Fossambault to reach the A-40 instead of Wilfrid-Hamel
- Route 294 (New) Saint-Augustin Bocages to Quebec City "downtown" - Rush hour only in peak direction of travel

• Thanks 4

Work has been done in August at Irving/Petit-Vallon turnaround (former 87 terminus) to enhance user experience ― i.e. convert it into a "real" bus terminal.

Since the northwestern routes overhaul and even though Metrobus 804 shortened the 87, the little turnaround somewhat found a way to maintain its relevance, now served by routes 74, 75, 84, 284, 384, 584 and 972.

https://www.quebechebdo.com/local/lactuel/187095/la-ville-de-quebec-sentend-avec-la-societe-de-transport/

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Minors change for the winter period booking at the RTC, in addition of the temporary phase of the Saint-Augustin changes ...

- Route 4 will see buses use de l'Espinay instead of Julien when heading to Place J-Cartier

- Route 22 and 88 will use the Robert-Bourassa tunnel instead of passing over it, thus allowing use of the bus lanes, one stop removed

- Route 64,74,82,84 and 86 will leave from a new start point at Charest / in face of Beenox due to work to be done to the Gabrielle-Roy library

- Route 807 buses will no longer interline with other metrobus route, they will be "dedicated" to that route. They also proceed to add run time. This aims to correct the chronic unreliability of that route

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

RTC holded a press conference this morning, here what we learned...

- Ridership is expected to go up 4.3% next year, however those number are to be taken with a truckload of salt since i must remember we learned a couple weeks ago that method to measure ridership for the last decade was kybosh.

- Budget for 2020 is 238.5 millions roupies dollar, a rise of 3.5% from 2019

- In 2020, the north of Beauport will be the subject of routes changes and improvement. Two improvement that could happen is the extension of Metrobus 802 and an all-day service on the 59 route. Also the bus network in the east part of Limoilou could see some changes with the building of the new super hospital east of H-Bourassa

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/19/2020 at 4:08 PM, Ds9Defiant1701 said:

Someone in a facebook group said RTC 2003 was seen on the highway recently. Anyone have information or picture? I don't talk about the year 2003 but the vehicule 2003

2004 was seen in Montmagny... https://www.facebook.com/100007446552775/posts/2522945461296981/?d=n

(picture in link attached)

94123CC5-A366-4CD9-8D0E-CDEAA5710195.jpeg

• Like 1