Réseau de transport de la Capitale

SMS

37 minutes ago, SMS said:

Great looking bus! Is it a one off paint scheme?

For now, this is a one off, since this bus was declared a total loss, this bus will never be on the road, it will be use for mechanic training

RTC 2017 fares were approuved at bord tonight, here are the highlights, valid July 1th

- Two new monthly pass are introduced. The first is Hors-Pointe 65+ (Off Peak 65+), this pass for 65 and older is sold 48 $ instead of the normal 54.50$, this pass is good to travel OUTSIDE of peak hours (weekdays from start of service to 9am and from 3:30pm to 5:30pm). Not sure many people will buy this pass and i'm sure many will fork the 6.50$ more to have all time travel. The second pass is for 18 and younger, the Soirs et Week-end illimités pass (Unlimited night and week-end) will allow travel after 5:30pm on weekdays and all day saturday, sunday and holidays, it will be sold 27$, the hope is to incitate young to take more transit in their free time.

- The unlimited week-end pass will be now valid at 5:30pm on fridays instead of 6pm

So the fares (general)

• Cash stays at 3.50$
  • Daypass up .25$ to 8.50$
  • Ticket up 5 cents per unit to 3.00$
  • Unlimited week-end up .50$ to 15.50$
  • 5 days up .50$ to 29 $
  • Monthly pass up .90$ to 87.50$
  • Metropolitain (RTC, STLevis, Ferry, TCJC, Plumobile) get the cake, pass up 6.15$ to 134.65$

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

New on the RTC network this winter. They are installing "winter storm" bus stops, those emergency stops will be installed on some parts of route 1, 13 and 22. When a snow storm is occuring, detours will automatically be activated and buses will serve those temporary stops to avoid trouble area (route 1 - narrow street, 13 & 22 Rougemont hill)

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

RTC has announced there budget for 2018, 219.4 millions is the forecasted budget.

They also published there three year investment plan, worth 303 millions of project. The major ones includes ...

- 129 new hybrid bus. Also note that they plan to double the Vanhool A330K order from 32 to 64 buses (132 millions)

- Major refurbishement of the Lebourgneuf garage that opened in 1979 (27.7 millions)

- Developpement of major terminals (42 millions) and regional park-n-rides

- Improvement of shelters, terminals, buses a.k.a Customer comfort improvement (as usual ...) (11.9 millions)

- Priority at traffic lights and Hochelaga blvd. project (40 or so millions)

• Like 3

15 hours ago, eclair14 said:

Siemens hybrid they are

You mean Siemens ELFA? http://w3.siemens.com/topics/global/en/electromobility/Pages/powertrain-commercial-vehicles.aspx

If so, this would be the first such application in North American public transport and such an option would best be exercised with caution.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Radio X got a "insider" tip that could put RTC to shame... New Vanhool A330K buses are about 4 inches higher then LFS Hybrid (11,28 inches for the VanHool vs 10.9 inches for the LFSH). The catch, RTC realize a couple weeks ago that buses would either not fit under the garage doors or at best, barely squeeze in into the des Rocailles garage (where they are planned to be stored). Bus can enter metrobus center easilly BUT it's already full of artics

• Thanks 2

11 hours ago, eclair14 said:

Radio X got a "insider" tip that could put RTC to shame... New Vanhool A330K buses are about 4 inches higher then LFS Hybrid (11,28 inches for the VanHool vs 10.9 inches for the LFSH). The catch, RTC realize a couple weeks ago that buses would either not fit under the garage doors or at best, barely squeeze in into the des Rocailles garage (where they are planned to be stored). Bus can enter metrobus center easilly BUT it's already full of artics

Sorry, if this has been covered earlier in the thread. . . But why did they choose VanHool? Certainly seems a daring choice.

1 minute ago, MAX BRT said:

Sorry, if this has been covered earlier in the thread. . . But why did they choose VanHool? Certainly seems a daring choice.

RTC wanted 30 footers or so for the downtown and residential area, but the Quebec Gouvernement nowadays want's to show that they care about the environment (and we cannot blame the RTC since both gov. pays around 87% of the bill for hybrids). The small hicup, they are NO 30 footers hybrid available in the North American market today so they went to a international bid and Vanhool won it

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, eclair14 said:

RTC wanted 30 footers or so for the downtown and residential area, but the Quebec Gouvernement nowadays want's to show that they care about the environment (and we cannot blame the RTC since both gov. pays around 87% of the bill for hybrids). The small hicup, they are NO 30 footers hybrid available in the North American market today so they went to a international bid and Vanhool won it

And a 35 footer wouldn't have cut it for them? Is it just because of cost, or also because they really wanted 30s? If so, they could have bought from a much more well-established manufacturer....

11 minutes ago, MiWay0310 said:

And a 35 footer wouldn't have cut it for them? Is it just because of cost, or also because they really wanted 30s? If so, they could have bought from a much more well-established manufacturer....

Of course they could have gone the 35 footers Xcelisor ... but you know it's not business, it's politics. Somebody wanted a 30 footers and since they don't pay from their own pocket ...

I'm not that afraid of a poor quality build bus, Van Hool is a know manifacturer, what worries me is this is a new models and they are usually glitches with new models and spare part supply that could be troublesome

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, eclair14 said:

Of course they could have gone the 35 footers Xcelisor ... but you know it's not business, it's politics. Somebody wanted a 30 footers and since they don't pay from their own pocket ...

I'm not that afraid of a poor quality build bus, Van Hool is a know manifacturer, what worries me is this is a new models and they are usually glitches with new models and spare part supply that could be troublesome

I see....

Yeah, agreed. VH is very-well established in Europe, but still not as much here. If they're using the ISB, then I'd suppose they'll be getting a BAE HDS, so at least powertrainwise, the parts are somewhat interchangeable with existing Novas. Of course, VanHool exclusive parts is another story....

4 minutes ago, MiWay0310 said:

I see....

Yeah, agreed. VH is very-well established in Europe, but still not as much here. If they're using the ISB, then I'd suppose they'll be getting a BAE HDS, so at least powertrainwise, the parts are somewhat interchangeable with existing Novas. Of course, VanHool exclusive parts is another story....

It's not BAE hybrid ... it's siemens

• Thanks 1

It is pretty cool for bus fans who like to see something rare. Will the VanHool buses be built in North America?

I'm also wondering if they will have a Cummins diesel on board. And do we know if it is a parallel hybrid drivetrain or a series hybrid?

It is possible that the electric motors will be the same as those used in Xcelsior electric bus. I believe those are supplied by Siemens.

• Like 1