Réseau de transport de la Capitale

SMS

• 1 month later...

I have heard the RTC is down to their last Classic in service. Is this true and if so, which is the sole surviving Classic?

This is sadly true, L9540 is the last remaining unit, and it's keeped as a spare unit used only for emergency and if they lack of vehicules.

It should be retired within the next month

• 3 weeks later...

It's now official, the era of CLASSIC has ended this morning as the last bus, L9540 made a special trip on the eXpress 230 starting at 8:19am from the Zoo Terminal all the way to the parlement hill when it arrived at 8:55am

It's now official, the era of CLASSIC has ended this morning as the last bus, L9540 made a special trip on the eXpress 230 starting at 8:19am from the Zoo Terminal all the way to the parlement hill when it arrived at 8:55am

Was this announced on like Twitter or something or did you find it on your way to work/school? Did you get any photos?

Also I have a question regarding the RTC's Estimauville parking lot. There are barriers now that only can be opened with "carte au puce". So if I buy a day pass which is on a "carte a puce" basically, can I use that to access the lot?

Was this announced on like Twitter or something or did you find it on your way to work/school? Did you get any photos?

Also I have a question regarding the RTC's Estimauville parking lot. There are barriers now that only can be opened with "carte au puce". So if I buy a day pass which is on a "carte a puce" basically, can I use that to access the lot?

The retirement was announced a week ago on the RTC Facebook, and the specific trip a couple days ago. I got pictures, i will post them later

For the barriers at Estimauville Park-n-Ride, i do belive any valid fare will open the barriers. But be careful as lot is small (around 160 parking spaces) and quickly fills up in the morning. However, during the week-end this is not a concern (and if your coming from Montral, you can also park a Laval University for free during week-end)

Breaking News: The contract for the new 9m minibus has been awarded, and the winner is VANHOOL !!!, RTC will take possession of 24 A330K buses with an option for 8 more.

(http://www.rtcquebec.ca/Default.aspx?tabid=173&pubid=929&language=fr-CA)

Don't scrap your holiday plan to see those new buses running, the first one should enter service... in 2018 !!!

Breaking News: The contract for the new 9m minibus has been awarded, and the winner is VAN HOOL !!!, RTC will take possession of 24 A330K buses with an option for 8 more.

Don't scrap your holiday plan to see those new buses running, the first one should enter service... in 2018 !!!

The picture renderings on the link look very nice, I can't wait to see it. I have added them to the wiki page on the On Order section.

The picture renderings on the link look very nice, I can't wait to see it. I have added them to the wiki page on the On Order section.

These will be A330K rather than A300K according to their press release. As the A300K is the shortened A300, the A330K is the shortened A330—the difference being the location of the drivetrain.

Breaking News: The contract for the new 9m minibus has been awarded, and the winner is VANHOOL !!!, RTC will take possession of 24 A330K buses with an option for 8 more.

This is very interesting..

Despite 16 years of seriously studying the tram as an option, BRT now appears as the Chosen One for the future spine of Québec metro area transit network.

This week's provincial budget provides $ 12.5 million for the creation of a Project Management Office that will perform the preliminary design studies. As for who will conduct the study, one would not be insane betting an old 2$ bill on Roche/Norda Stelo, the former employer of Minister responsible for the Capitale-Nationale region, Sam Hamad.

srb-02.jpg

An artist's rendering of the projected terminal in d'Estimauville area, between Limoilou and Beauport boroughs. Source : https://www.ville.quebec.qc.ca/srb/

• 3 weeks later...

RTC will launch tommorow* it's next phase of the Nomade real time system. Real time information to customers

Real time information will be available for the Metrobus 800/801/802/803 routes only for the time being
A new mobile APP will provide the information
Information will also be avaliable of course on the RTC Website
Informations screen at heated shelters will also receive real time information
Support for at stop display are currently under installation

* Even if the press conference is tommorow, all of the above are already available since today

RTC has posted service and route changes on the website: http://www.rtcquebec.ca/Default.aspx?tabid=173&pubid=935&language=fr-CA

According to them, the routes will be changed as follows:

* Route 87 becomes Metrobus 804 from Dec. 3

* Extension of 75 and include all-day frequent service from Aug. 20

* 7 becomes Metrobus 807 from Aug. 20. Articulated hybrids will also start service from that date, according to this CBC article: http://ici.radio-canada.ca/regions/quebec/2016/04/13/009-parcours-autobus-rtc-modifications-metrobus.shtml.

* Creation of route 19 from August 20

* Extension of route 21 (ex-Ecolobus) from June 18

* Merge of routes 3 and 37

15 hours ago, anyfong said:

RTC has posted service and route changes on the website: http://www.rtcquebec.ca/Default.aspx?tabid=173&pubid=935&language=fr-CA

According to them, the routes will be changed as follows:

* Route 87 becomes Metrobus 804 from Dec. 3

* Extension of 75 and include all-day frequent service from Aug. 20

* 7 becomes Metrobus 807 from Aug. 20. Articulated hybrids will also start service from that date, according to this CBC article: http://ici.radio-canada.ca/regions/quebec/2016/04/13/009-parcours-autobus-rtc-modifications-metrobus.shtml.

* Creation of route 19 from August 20

* Extension of route 21 (ex-Ecolobus) from June 18

* Merge of routes 3 and 37

Here is a more detailed review

- The route 75 MAJOR improvement in service and extension towards Sainte-Foy via the Robert-Bourassa expressway is the biggest improvement announcent I.M.O. It will allow major cut of journey times towards / from Sainte-Foy especially for route 82 users that will be able to reach Sainte-Foy with only one transfer.

- The merge of route 3 and 37 is interesting. This simplify the service in Saint-Odile especially at Rush hour where the 3X shuttle route inside the neibourghood will be discontinued and will be replaced by route 37 that already give service in that area during rush hours. Service will be every 15/30 minutes south of 1st Avenue / 41th Street and every 30/60 minutes north of it (keeps same level of services)

- Conversion of route 7 to Metrobus 807 is just logical, it is the busiest the route of the basic network and is often crushloaded during rush hour. This is a "cheap" conversion to Metrobus for now as they will only be conversion to articulated bus and have less stop. No priority mesure for now. Route service will be dropped in the Old Quebec (was rush hour only). Service levels will not be really affected since the route already runs at 15 minutes or less most of the time)

- Conversion of route 87 to Metrobus 804 is another welcome addition. It follows the same route from Sainte-Foy Centre to Caron/Racine transfer point. As with the 7, this is a cheap conversion. Route 84 will pick up the part no more served by route 87 north of Caron/Racine. This is good for the frequency as it will bonify service Monday to Wednesday night and week-end morning and nights (rest of the time service was already at 15 minutes or less)

- Extension of route 21 to the Art museum is more a gift to tourist then local residents. This will allow connection of all major tourist attraction in the upper town area. This will also complement service on the Grande-Allée already offered by route 11. There is a part of good news and bad news. While there gonna be a increase a service at rush hour, they will be a reduction of service after 9pm (every 30 min. instead of every 15 min.) and on week-ends morning and afternoon (every 15 minutes instead of every 10). This is a route that will convert to midibus operation in 2018. The special route 1A will be eliminated.

- New route 19 is a bit of a surprise, this will connect the Limoilou CEGEP to the lowertown then up the Sherbrooke hill to the Cartier area to a terminus at Grand-Théâtre. This route is also slated to convert to midibus operations in 2018. Route 10 will be abolished since this new route covers a good part of the route.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SMS said:

METROBUS 807 = fake BRT!!! <_<

Does RTC have to buy more articulateds to make up for the new Metrobus routes?

All Metrobus are fake BRT I.M.O

Yes RTC will receive new hybrids artics for those new services (21 IIRC)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, eclair14 said:

All Metrobus are fake BRT I.M.O

Yes RTC will receive new hybrids artics for those new services (21 IIRC)

Of course Metrobus 807 won't be a BRT. What that route needs is a much more frequent service than current as well as higher capacity buses. Much of that route is too narrow to implement separate bus lanes.

3 hours ago, anyfong said:

Of course Metrobus 807 won't be a BRT. What that route needs is a much more frequent service than current as well as higher capacity buses. Much of that route is too narrow to implement separate bus lanes.

The 7 (futur 807) dosen't need more service, service is every 5 to 6 minutes during rush hour , 10 minutes midday et 15 minutes week-ends and evenings. Bigger bus is needed to cut down on extras and to allow more regular spacing between buses