Réseau de transport de la Capitale

SMS

Yup, we (CAAQ Members) were the ones that actually brought it up. He didn't seem to like the idea of artics (the STTR Head Director that is), but warmed up to them, after Martin told him about the tight turning radius that they posses. That was his main worry, TR's "tight corners".

Yeah, I also gave him the example of rue des Saints-Pères in Paris' 6th "arrondissement" where I got a photo of a Renault Agora L turning onto that tight street from Quai Voltaire.

1617_rue_des_Saints_P_res.JPG

They have route 2 in Trois-Rivières that has high occupancy, so maybe that would help just to have 1 or 2 of them (LFS Artics) in there. But not in the near future.

It's been confirmed that starting tomorrow, the RTC will be testing the Nova artic for a total of 6 weeks!!! It looks like we won't be seeing it anytime soon in MTL then... :D Also, there is a possibility that there will be more than 1 Nova artic tested during these 6 weeks at the RTC.

Oh well, on the bright side, it will be warmer in Montreal when it arrives here (let's hope).

Is there weekend testing at RTC for the articulateds???

It would be more appropriate though to test them in Montreal's most extreme weather, though having it tested in the spring will atleast make it easier to stand at a street corner for photo ops. :D

Ha!

The STM has already made up its mind with regards to which articulated bus model they will purchase. It doesn't matter if the LFS Artic can make it up Cote-des-Neiges or not, because that's what we're getting!

:D

Ha!

The STM has already made up its mind with regards to which articulated bus model they will purchase. It doesn't matter if the LFS Artic can make it up Cote-des-Neiges or not, because that's what we're getting!

:D

Then so be it. But I'm just saying, the people and the maintenance workers will have one more thing to complain about if issues like this are not addressed before the buses are built.

It would be more appropriate though to test them in Montreal's most extreme weather, though having it tested in the spring will atleast make it easier to stand at a street corner for photo ops. :D

I think quebec city has more extreme weather than montreal ...

In the february edition of "La Voie Réservée", a small magazine available in all RTC buses, it is clearly said that RTC will test TWO Nova pre-serie artics between january and next august. It is also mentioned that those Quebec agencies who have ordered artics will also test those two prototypes.

At last an answer to this famous question. I would be surprised of those two artics would be tested at the same time. In my opinion, the second one will arrive well after the first, so adjustments could be made to respond to comments made after the first pre-serie bus tests.

Great to see we will be able to ride on two different prototypes, although there might not be significant changes from one bus to the other... It should be more mechanic than cosmetic !!!

:rolleyes::lol:

In the february edition of "La Voie Réservée", a small magazine available in all RTC buses, it is clearly said that RTC will test TWO Nova pre-serie artics between january and next august. It is also mentioned that those Quebec agencies who have ordered artics will also test those two prototypes.

At last an answer to this famous question. I would be surprised of those two artics would be tested at the same time. In my opinion, the second one will arrive well after the first, so adjustments could be made to respond to comments made after the first pre-serie bus tests.

Great to see we will be able to ride on two different prototypes, although there might not be significant changes from one bus to the other... It should be more mechanic than cosmetic !!!

<_<<_<

Also worth mentioning, is that I believe you're the first one to spot the Nova artic in service today on the 801 in Quebec City!

• 3 weeks later...

A little FYI... the RTC's oldest bus 8345, has officially been retired! The next oldest buses 8419 and 8421 have received the letter 'L' now, which means their day is coming fast as well. There are about 12 GM Classics left in Quebec City.

Apparently this was a 1984 bus though... nevertheless I missed a great pic of it last July with Steve... this really sucks :ph34r:

Major fanning to be done come Spring and Summer!

Apparently this was a 1984 bus though... nevertheless I missed a great pic of it last July with Steve... this really sucks :ph34r:

Major fanning to be done come Spring and Summer!

Hey, you guys can come here and try for your old ones :angry:

I hope the arrival of our '08 LFSs doesn't kill our New Looks. I know 7901 is here to stay, but I have a few predictions.

7742, 7757, possibly 8202 gone

7901, 8401 here to stay for a while as they're planned historical buses.

8413 may go

8509 looks like crap

As does 9015 and 9208

• 1 year later...
News on the MCI Artics:

Les véhicules articulés 9225 et 9226 seront mis au rebus à compter du 15 juin.

Will wait a confirmation on that ?

I took 9225 yesterday, still running strong, if it's real, transitfan have 40 days to come here to salute a legend ... and i must track them everyday

News on the MCI Artics:

At least we have a concrete date now.

I had planned to take a trip out to Quebec City to see them since December, and have been walking on thin ice ever since by postponing it.

Is there any news on the GM Classics? Any of them still kicking it?

Is there any news on the GM Classics? Any of them still kicking it?

They were all retired. STLévis still have some I believe.

News on the MCI Artics:

That's bad news. I wonder if any other transit agency are interested in buying them. RTL is always short on artics, I would love seeing them running on the south shore. I know, it won't happen, I'm just dreaming.