Réseau de transport de la Capitale

SMS

Here are some sightings of active GM Classics that I saw over my two-day trip to Quebec City:

MONDAY

8345 inside RTC Garage

8511 awaiting work at RTC Garage

8604 inside RTC Garage

8419 awaiting work at RTC Garage

8345 on the eastbound 801X at Cartier Metrobus Station at 7:02 pm!!!

TUESDAY

8539 again

8611 again

8528 on the eastbound 801X at Place Québec Metrobus Station at 7:05 pm!!!

I might get a RTC fleet roster soon and I'll be able to share this information with you. It seems that the RTC does not retire buses according to a fixed year policy; they retire once they can't repair a bus anymore.

Well, i am relly happy your enjoy your trip in quebec city ... the classic land !

We don't have any retirement policy, in fact, we will not get rid of our LFS 1996 after their 16 years.

For GM classic, RTC want to get maximum millage on those bus for retirement by the end of 2008 or early 2009

By the way, both artics were parked yesterday behind the garage ... bad news ahead ?

On Monday, one of the artics (can't remember the number... stupid of me...) was inside a private repair bay on a triple hoist (north side of the garage). We did not tour the outside property whatsoever.

RTC = great. CUTA members had free transit passes for the duration of the conference and all shuttles were 07xx new LFS... fantastic vehicles.

More news to come. :D

On Monday, one of the artics (can't remember the number... stupid of me...) was inside a private repair bay on a triple hoist (north side of the garage). We did not tour the outside property whatsoever.

RTC = great. CUTA members had free transit passes for the duration of the conference and all shuttles were 07xx new LFS... fantastic vehicles.

More news to come. :D

Probably 9225 was in for some repairs, 9226 is broke since september and they are no plan as i heard to use it in a nearby future (remember: RTC must do them self some parts for the artics)

And they impress you with LFS with VOITH transmission. Yours shuttle was 0730 and + buses ... brand new (they still smell new !)

I took pictures of a bare minority... most of the juicy part of PM rush hour is in darkness, therefore impossible to take pictures. The GMs aren't going to be mass retired, which is great news for GM bus fans. So there's still time as the garage guys hinted.

eclair14, the RTC buses that I saw used for CUTA shuttles were: 0737, 0732, 0714, 0716, and 0736. Therefore not all 0730+!

• 2 months later...

Might as well post this info in here.... The RTC looks like it will test the Nova artic first within the next few days. It seems to have been wrapped recently for the 400th anniversary of Quebec City which will be happening soon. So, that will probably be the start of the demo trial at the RTC for a few weeks in revenu service. Afterwards, it should be coming to MTL.

Yes they are.

I don't believe they're in service yet, and I think STO just got them this morning, as they were behind each other. They didn't have Luminator signs, either, and I'd imagine that STO would be installing them given that they've recently retired a slew of Classics.

For the 2 classics ... i wasen't expect them to get second life ! Hope STO will keep them running for long (or it is for parts ?!)

For the wrap ... just a few days (max. 2 weeks) and the hunt to the artic gonna be open !

However ... those 2 classics have rear BALIOS ! (like all our GM classics !)

8614.jpg

For the 2 classics ... i wasen't expect them to get second life ! Hope STO will keep them running for long (or it is for parts ?!)

For the wrap ... just a few days (max. 2 weeks) and the hunt to the artic gonna be open !

However ... those 2 classics have rear BALIOS ! (like all our GM classics !)

I'm sure they at least had the STO site (It was in much smaller black text) on the back. I was still sort of half-asleep when I saw them this morning. It was more or less "That's a nice livery- wait, WTF?"

I also remember talking to one of the drivers a few weeks back and he brought up that STO didn't have enough buses for their service, and perhaps STO has addressed this. This leads me to believe that maybe there's more than two?

Evne if those buses have Balios in the rear, I'd imagine that STO will still remove the rollsigns, so it wouldn't surprise me if they take out those rear Balios signs, especialyl since they don't seem to be very clear.

http://stevestransitsite.fotopic.net/p44191795.html

http://stevestransitsite.fotopic.net/p43980692.html

http://stevestransitsite.fotopic.net/p43980691.html

For those interested, STL (Societe de transport de Lévis) just recive 5 ex RTC Classic: the 9187 (ex9117) is painted RTL and on the road plus 4 1984 to 1986. One 1986 is supose to be in service (RTL 8688) and the 3 remaining are for parts. But those 3 Classic can be used as well on regular service because of there great condition. Another one is the RTL 9286 (ex RTC9205) since september.

For those interested, STL (Societe de transport de Lévis) just recive 5 ex RTC Classic: the 9187 (ex9117) is painted RTL and on the road plus 4 1984 to 1986. One 1986 is supose to be in service (RTL 8688) and the 3 remaining are for parts. But those 3 Classic can be used as well on regular service because of there great condition. Another one is the RTL 9286 (ex RTC9205) since september.

You're talking about the ST-Levis and RTC right!? What does this have to do with RTL? I'm lost here...