Random photos

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 6 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

PNW Tours in Victoria now operate a suspiciously familiar livery on their "new" double deckers... this photo was taken at Ogden Point back in May. I would have shared then but I'm new to the forums as of today. I don't think I was supposed to walk across the storage yard to take this photo but alas, I did. And I didn't regret it. There were at least ten of these buses parked in the lot. I was rather baffled seeing these at the time as I was getting ready for a big cross-country trip and I was getting familiar with Toronto's transit system... only to have bits and pieces of it pop up on the west coast. 

XzWw81o.jpg

• Like 1

11 hours ago, InfiNorth said:

PNW Tours in Victoria now operate a suspiciously familiar livery on their "new" double deckers... this photo was taken at Ogden Point back in May. I would have shared then but I'm new to the forums as of today. I don't think I was supposed to walk across the storage yard to take this photo but alas, I did. And I didn't regret it. There were at least ten of these buses parked in the lot. I was rather baffled seeing these at the time as I was getting ready for a big cross-country trip and I was getting familiar with Toronto's transit system... only to have bits and pieces of it pop up on the west coast.

Welcome to the forums! Yup, CVS acquired all 22 units of GO Transit's original orders of Alexander Dennis Enviro500 buses, which were retired between Fall 2017 and March 2018. They were shipped by rail out to Vancouver then ferry to Victoria back in November. All have been renumbered to P11-P32 and received either Ogden Point Cruise Shuttle or PNW Transportation decals that cover the GO logo (but not the rest of the livery).

Ogden Point is the cruise ship terminal, so the grounds are generally open to the public for the most part (as cruise ship passengers need to walk to/from their ships), and there are other non-cruise activities such as the gift shop and helipad that require public access. I visited Victoria back in June and photographed the shuttles departing Ogden Point without issue.

48389453611_7074f50715_n.jpg 48389455606_3114ab6818_n.jpg

I find it funny how little PNW has bothered to change the livery. When I first saw them driving around I assumed they were just temporary decals while they were waiting to be sold to other operators, but no. 

3 hours ago, Articulated said:

They were shipped by rail out to Vancouver then ferry to Victoria back in November.

Wait, do you mean they stuck all of those buses on BC Ferries or was it on the Seaspan ferry? Regardless, that would have been both pricey and a strange sight to see! Cheers :)