Strathcona Sightings

A. Wong

One of my friends heard it happen and said there was a loud bang when they collided. Said there was a horn honking too, and that the ETS bus scraped the Strathcona one. The ETS bus probably ran into the LFS while it was passing.

953 on the 414.

Yeah, it's getting quite bad. I know every time I rode to the UofA we would pass an ETS bus stopped at the stop just before the corner. We would go around and as the driver was trying to turn the Prevost or Setra in that corner, the ETS driver would try and pass on the right like a f**king idiot. Then they would realize they couldn't make it so stop right in the way making it even harder on the SCT driver.

Also in the winter time there is the narrow section of Whyte Ave right before the hospital. In the winter it would be way to narrow for a bus and a car to travel side by each, but some dumbass inpatient drivers would try and fit beside. Now most of the drivers will drive right in the middle making it impossible to get in from either side.

Yeah, it's getting quite bad. I know every time I rode to the UofA we would pass an ETS bus stopped at the stop just before the corner. We would go around and as the driver was trying to turn the Prevost or Setra in that corner, the ETS driver would try and pass on the right like a f**king idiot. Then they would realize they couldn't make it so stop right in the way making it even harder on the SCT driver.

Also in the winter time there is the narrow section of Whyte Ave right before the hospital. In the winter it would be way to narrow for a bus and a car to travel side by each, but some dumbass inpatient drivers would try and fit beside. Now most of the drivers will drive right in the middle making it impossible to get in from either side.

I dunno, in the 4 school years that I walked by that corner of 89th Avenue/114th Street at the U of A bus terminal, I walked by there on a daily basis. I saw no more then a few close calls. Probably honest mistakes. Honestly, nobody wants to get in an accident regardless of the size of vehicle they are driving. So to be honest are you sure you are not exaggerating a bit? I mean SCT and StAT buses (and U of A vehicles and many unauthorized vehicles) pass ETS buses at that stop all the time and 99% of the time without any sort of close call or accident.

Also there is actually a lot of room for buses to turn around that corner, considering the almost non-existent curb.

I'm going to start tracking the GM's to their death. I haven't seen a great number of them recently, and the ones I do see are the same ones over and over.

If you spot a GM please post the number (and if you remember where would help).

I posted this on my website and plan to update it every time a GM is spotted. Let me know if there are any mistakes.

​​​​​​​Tracking the GMs ​

​Retirement:​

​​​​​​​​​​​​​RED​​​​​​​​​​​​=Retired​

​​​​​​​​​​​​​YELLOW​​​​​​​​​​​​=Not spotted lately​

​​​​​​​​​​​​​GREEN​​​​​​​​​​​​=Active​

​​

​​​​​​​​​​​​​TDH-5301 #​​​​​​​​​​​​472​

​​​​​​​​​​​​​TDH-5303 #​​​​​​​​​​​​478​

​​​​​​​​​​​​​T6H-5305 #​​​​​​​​​​​​909​​​​​​​​​​​​, ​​​​​​​​​​​​910​

​​​​​​​​​​​​​T6H-5307N #​​​​​​​​​​​​859​​​​​​​​​​​​, ​​​​​​​​​​​​860​​​​​​​​​​​​, ​

​​​​​​​​​​​​​861​​​​​​​​​​​​, ​​​​​​​​​​​​862​​​​​​​​​​​​, ​​​​​​​​​​​​863​​​​​​​​​​​​, ​​​​​​​​​​​​864​​​​​​​​​​​​, ​​​​​​​​​​​​865​​​​​​​​​​​​, ​

​​​​​​​​​​​​​866​​​​​​​​​​​​, ​​​​​​​​​​​​867​​​​​​​​​​​​, ​​​​​​​​​​​​868​​​​​​​​​​​​, ​​​​​​​​​​​​869​​​​​​​​​​​​, ​​​​​​​​​​​​870​​​​​​​​​​​​, ​

​​​​​​​​​​​​​871​​​​​​​​​​​​, ​​​​​​​​​​​​872​​​​​​​​​​​​, ​​​​​​​​​​​​873​​​​​​​​​​​​, ​​​​​​​​​​​​874​​​​​​​​​​​​, ​​​​​​​​​​​​875​​​​​​​​​​​​, ​

​​​​​​​​​​​​​876​​​​​​​​​​​​, ​​​​​​​​​​​​877​​​​​​​​​​​​, ​​​​​​​​​​​​878​​​​​​​​​​​​, ​​​​​​​​​​​​912​​​​​​​​​​​​, ​​​​​​​​​​​​913​​​​​​​​​​​​, ​

​​​​​​​​​​​​​914​​​​​​​​​​​​, ​​​​​​​​​​​​916​​​​​​​​​​​​, ​​​​​​​​​​​​917​​​​​​​​​​​​, ​​​​​​​​​​​​918​​​​​​​​​​​​, ​​​​​​​​​​​​4023​​​​​​​​​​​​, ​

​​​​​​​​​​​​​4024​

​​​​​​​​​

I dunno, in the 4 school years that I walked by that corner of 89th Avenue/114th Street at the U of A bus terminal, I walked by there on a daily basis. I saw no more then a few close calls. Probably honest mistakes. Honestly, nobody wants to get in an accident regardless of the size of vehicle they are driving. So to be honest are you sure you are not exaggerating a bit? I mean SCT and StAT buses (and U of A vehicles and many unauthorized vehicles) pass ETS buses at that stop all the time and 99% of the time without any sort of close call or accident.

Also there is actually a lot of room for buses to turn around that corner, considering the almost non-existent curb.

With my I would ride it about 3 times a week. It occurred about 2 out of 3 times.

Good to know! Updated it.

Where in Edmonton is 472! I would love to be able to get photos of it. :)

​​​​​​​​Tracking the GMs ​

​Retirement:​

​​​​​​​​​​​​​RED​​​​​​​​​​​​=Retired​

​​​​​​​​​​​​​YELLOW​​​​​​​​​​​​=Not spotted lately​

​​​​​​​​​​​​​GREEN​​​​​​​​​​​​=Active​

​​

​​​​​​​​​​​​​TDH-5301 #​​​​​​​​​​​​472​

​​​​​​​​​​​​​TDH-5303 #​​​​​​​​​​​​478​

​​​​​​​​​​​​​T6H-5305 #​​​​​​​​​​​​909​​​​​​​​​​​​, ​​​​​​​​​​​​910​

​​​​​​​​​​​​​T6H-5307N #​​​​​​​​​​​​859​​​​​​​​​​​​, ​​​​​​​​​​​​860​​​​​​​​​​​​, ​

​​​​​​​​​​​​​861​​​​​​​​​​​​, ​​​​​​​​​​​​862​​​​​​​​​​​​, ​​​​​​​​​​​​863​​​​​​​​​​​​, ​​​​​​​​​​​​864​​​​​​​​​​​​, ​​​​​​​​​​​​865​​​​​​​​​​​​, ​

​​​​​​​​​​​​​866​​​​​​​​​​​​, ​​​​​​​​​​​​867​​​​​​​​​​​​, ​​​​​​​​​​​​868​​​​​​​​​​​​, ​​​​​​​​​​​​869​​​​​​​​​​​​, ​​​​​​​​​​​​870​​​​​​​​​​​​, ​

​​​​​​​​​​​​​871​​​​​​​​​​​​, ​​​​​​​​​​​​872​​​​​​​​​​​​, ​​​​​​​​​​​​873​​​​​​​​​​​​, ​​​​​​​​​​​​874​​​​​​​​​​​​, ​​​​​​​​​​​​875​​​​​​​​​​​​, ​

​​​​​​​​​​​​​876​​​​​​​​​​​​, ​​​​​​​​​​​​877​​​​​​​​​​​​, ​​​​​​​​​​​​878​​​​​​​​​​​​, ​​​​​​​​​​​​912​​​​​​​​​​​​, ​​​​​​​​​​​​913​​​​​​​​​​​​, ​

​​​​​​​​​​​​​914​​​​​​​​​​​​, ​​​​​​​​​​​​916​​​​​​​​​​​​, ​​​​​​​​​​​​917​​​​​​​​​​​​, ​​​​​​​​​​​​918​​​​​​​​​​​​, ​​​​​​​​​​​​4023​​​​​​​​​​​​, ​

​​​​​​​​​​​​​4024​

​​​​​​​​​

• Board Admin

909 is still on property, but more than likely retired.

There is a new white LFS Suburban as well, but there is a sticker or something in the front window indicating "BOOKMOBILE". Has the smaller HVAC unit than what the other LFSes have.

909 is still on property, but more than likely retired.

There is a new white LFS Suburban as well, but there is a sticker or something in the front window indicating "BOOKMOBILE". Has the smaller HVAC unit than what the other LFSes have.

I am pretty sure 909 is retired.

• Board Admin

Just saw on CTV news that Strathcona County Transit is testing a double decker bus - looks to be the red/grey Enviro 500 that was in Vancouver a while ago, and got Altoona tested.

They said it will be here for about 3 months weeks before they decide if they want to buy it.

Hope I get to see it at the University!

Just saw on CTV news that Strathcona County Transit is testing a double decker bus - looks to be the red/grey Enviro 500 that was in Vancouver a while ago, and got Altoona tested.

They said it will be here for about 3 months before they decide if they want to buy it.

http://edmonton.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CT...ub=EdmontonHome

They said it will be here for about 3 months before they decide if they want to buy it.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If it is true, Strathcona County Transit will be one of my top 5 favourite transit system in Canada. :)

Maybe they're copying Community Transit since their Double Tall project was so successful.