Strathcona Sightings

A. Wong

• 2 weeks later...

I recently found out that Matt Carpenter (CPTDB username Matt C) is now the Director/General Manager at Ann Arbor Transportation in Ann Arbor, MI. It must have been very recent that he moved on from being the Director of Strathcona County Transit.

I know he was working on a 40th anniversary booklet for SCT. I wonder how that is going or if this project will now be on hold seeing as he has moved on.

I recently found out that Matt Carpenter (CPTDB username Matt C) is now the Director/General Manager at Ann Arbor Transportation in Ann Arbor, MI. It must have been very recent that he moved on from being the Director of Strathcona County Transit.

I know he was working on a 40th anniversary booklet for SCT. I wonder how that is going or if this project will now be on hold seeing as he has moved on.

It's pretty recent he left. 6 months at least, maybe even longer. I unfortunately haven't heard anything further on the booklet since he left.

It's too bad too. I think he did some great things for Strathcona County Transit.

• 2 months later...

Have the new double deckers for SCT arrived on property yet?

Five were observed at the ABC Bus Facility in Nappanee, Indiana in early April. The VINs for five buses seen were:

• SFETAM841FGN14334

• SFETAM849FGN14338
  • SFETAM849FGN14341

• SFETAM842FGN14472
  • SFETAM846FGN14488

The buses did not have fleet numbers applied at this point. I do not know if the order was for only five or if it was more.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 3/10/2016 at 1:11 PM, M. Parsons said:

It's pretty recent he left. 6 months at least, maybe even longer. I unfortunately haven't heard anything further on the booklet since he left.

It's too bad too. I think he did some great things for Strathcona County Transit.

Hey guys. Thanks for the kinds words. I did leave SCT and started at AAATA in Ann Arbor in mid 2015. 

The SCT history book did eventually get finished. It may come out in the Strathcona Library sometime in the future: "Public Transit in Strathcona County: The First 57 Years". Keep checking the library's on-line catalog. Over 150 photos back to 1949. If not for photo collectors throughout the years, we couldn't have done it. Martin gets photo credits along with Bill Luke, Brian Sullivan, David Onedera, Kevin Knoll, Paul Ledger, Peter Cox, and Peter McLaughlin.  Thanks to you!  

• Like 2

• Board Admin
28 minutes ago, Matt C said:

Hey guys. Thanks for the kinds words. I did leave SCT and started at AAATA in Ann Arbor in mid 2015. 

The SCT history book did eventually get finished. It may come out in the Strathcona Library sometime in the future: "Public Transit in Strathcona County: The First 57 Years". Keep checking the library's on-line catalog. Over 150 photos back to 1949. If not for photo collectors throughout the years, we couldn't have done it. Martin gets photo credits along with Bill Luke, Brian Sullivan, David Onedera, Kevin Knoll, Paul Ledger, Peter Cox, and Peter McLaughlin.  Thanks to you!  

That is awesome news! Will have to keep an eye out for the book.

All the best to you in Ann Arbor! Hope things are going well.

• Like 1