Jump to content
Cre47

STO and OC Transpo Routes

Recommended Posts

14 hours ago, tomsbuspage said:

 I've heard that the RTC in Quebec City charge a whopping $5 for their system map, so I hope it's worth the money. ;)

 

Yes, it's right, RTC charge 5$ for their system maps. It was free before, then they stop producing it for a year or two. But they came back in 2015 with new maps.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/11/2016 at 1:12 PM, eclair14 said:

Yes, it's right, RTC charge 5$ for their system maps. It was free before, then they stop producing it for a year or two. But they came back in 2015 with new maps.

 

5$ is definitely a ripoff. Fortunately there is a PDF map on their website. It's possible to print it, but the ink is very expensive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On July 10, 2016 at 7:34 PM, GTAmissions1 said:

Only one transit system I know charges for maps. That is MiWay Transit in Mississauga which is $2.00 available online (is it even worth shipping a paper map), at Islington Station or the City Centre Transit Terminal. They chose to charge for those that need it to recover the costs of making a hard copy of the system map.

Thanks for letting me know that MiWay system maps can be ordered online!  I just received my copy in the mail today. ^_^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, tomsbuspage said:

Thanks for letting me know that MiWay system maps can be ordered online!  I just received my copy in the mail today. ^_^

That is good to hear you received your copy in the mail. Online ordering can be useful especially if you live hundreds of kilometres away. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/17/2016 at 11:12 PM, anyfong said:

5$ is definitely a ripoff. Fortunately there is a PDF map on their website. It's possible to print it, but the ink is very expensive.

And it isn't even worth it as the map is only printed on one side; the back side is blank!

On 7/18/2016 at 10:28 PM, tomsbuspage said:

Thanks for letting me know that MiWay system maps can be ordered online!  I just received my copy in the mail today. ^_^

I know this is off topic for this thread, but do you mind if I ask what the date is on the map that you received?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On July 24, 2016 at 5:53 PM, Orion 1200 said:

I know this is off topic for this thread, but do you mind if I ask what the date is on the map that you received?

May 9, 2016.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On Tuesday, Sept. 6, Route 231 becomes Route 228, and Route 232 becomes Route 222. Routing and schedules do not change. The new numbering is part of preparations for the launch of the O-Train Confederation Line in 2018.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, GTAmissions1 said:

OC Transpo just put in the new route maps for 101 and 103 to service the Carling Campus.

Route 101: http://www.octranspo.com/images/files/route_pdf_future/september/map_carte_101.pdf

Route 103: http://www.octranspo.com/images/files/route_pdf_future/september/map_carte_103.pdf

Service changes for the Fall are not out yet still. Should be out very soon. 

The new route maps for all routes serving LeBreton Station are also up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Route 97 is now updated that after 10 PM until 3:17 AM in the Airport direction uses King Edward. 10 PM until 3:37 AM for the Bayshore/Tunney's Pasture direction. 

Weekends/holidays: It is until the very last trip of the service day. 

http://www.octranspo.com/images/files/route_pdf_future/september/map_carte_097.pdf

After two service changes, they finally place it on the map. Though, they do have an announcement when the 97 reaches Laurier heading toward South Keys/Airport saying "After 10 PM, Route 97 doesn't service Laurier Station." Essentially filling in the gap when the 98 Hawthorne via Lees when it stops running after 10 PM on weekdays. 

Route 98 stops running after 7 PM from MacKenzie King on Saturday, though the 95 is frequent service until the 97 helps supplement service to Lees. Sundays, they tweaked it to add a few additional trips on the 98 to cover the gap which it used to stop running after 6 PM Sundays/holidays. 

23 minutes ago, Gregory said:

The new route maps for all routes serving LeBreton Station are also up.

Which routes specifically? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GTAmissions1 said:

Route 97 is now updated that after 10 PM until 3:17 AM in the Airport direction uses King Edward. 10 PM until 3:37 AM for the Bayshore/Tunney's Pasture direction. 

Weekends/holidays: It is until the very last trip of the service day. 

http://www.octranspo.com/images/files/route_pdf_future/september/map_carte_097.pdf

After two service changes, they finally place it on the map. Though, they do have an announcement when the 97 reaches Laurier heading toward South Keys/Airport saying "After 10 PM, Route 97 doesn't service Laurier Station." Essentially filling in the gap when the 98 Hawthorne via Lees when it stops running after 10 PM on weekdays. 

Route 98 stops running after 7 PM from MacKenzie King on Saturday, though the 95 is frequent service until the 97 helps supplement service to Lees. Sundays, they tweaked it to add a few additional trips on the 98 to cover the gap which it used to stop running after 6 PM Sundays/holidays. 

Which routes specifically? 

Basically the maps are just showing that the station will be moved back to the corner of Albert and Booth in September. Note: They haven't posted the route 92 map up yet.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, OCtranspo10 said:

NEW Route 167 schedule and route map are out.

 

http://www.octranspo.com/routes?lang=en&date=20160906&rte=167

 

im going to be on trip number 1 on the PM peak for sure. A possible interlining route with 96, like what they do with 177/95, 152/96, or 172/95 "This trips continues as"  

Finally a visual aid. They have been starting to hard code in the new route maps on the website. 

Still no service changes up on the website yet.

Route 182 now has an updated route map covering the three additional stations beyond the previous terminus at Lincoln Fields Station. 

http://www.octranspo.com/images/files/route_pdf_future/september/map_carte_182.pdf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fall service changes are out now: 

http://www.octranspo.com/routes/new_fall_service_starting_sept._4

The three already covered in this thread about Route 101 and 103 extended to Carling Place during peak periods, Route 167 and 182 extension. 

One new thing mentioned is reallocating resources during certain time periods from 95 (Orleans/Trim) and 98 (Hawthrone via Greenboro) using the Lees routing to Route 91 (Orleans) and 97 (South Keys/Airport) that utilizing Nicholas to Highway 417. Reducing the travel time by 5 to 10 minutes by using 91 or 97 instead of using the 95 or 98. 

An example: The 98 which runs every 5 minutes during the afternoon peak will be reduced to 10 minutes because those drivers and buses will be doing the 97. 

Have to move the supply to where the demand is. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

STO User Guide's 2016-17 is now online. They were a bit slow to post the full guide as they were saying it would be posted by the first week of August.

 

So the three local routes in Aylmer have been reorganized, two of them basically doing a figure-8 loop while another local route with run near the Galeries Aylmer

Route 57 is removed with route 67 serving the Pointe-Gatineau area all day but will end in Ottawa

Several Gatineau sector routes will have half-hour service during midday on weekdays

Not shown on the changes, the Census Route 10 will not be extended beyond August 26 unlike in 2011 which ended in October.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Canada Lands Company announced in their Sept. 2016 Wateridge Village newsletter that they've "reached an agreement with OC Transpo to offer early transit service in the new neighbourhood by 2017 with regular bus service. Once the first 50 homes are built and occupied, residents will be able to access route 129 which will make eight trips in the morning and eight in the afternoon during peak hours during the week."  Wateridge Village is the new name for the community being developed in the former Rockcliffe Airbase territory.

http://clcrockcliffe.ca/en/news/wateridge-newsletter-vol-2-september-2016

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

May have been browser issues but they just only recently added the Carling Place timepoints for the 101 and 103. They were not shown still at least two weeks after the fall service changes. The other version did showed the Carling Place timepoints

 

http://www.octranspo.com/routes?lang=en&date=20161004&rte=101

http://www.octranspo.com/routes?lang=en&date=20161003&rte=103

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like there will be many route re-numbering in the Spring 2017 changes. All 20's, 30's, 40's, 60's, and 70's going to the 200's.

And others like the 124 to 24. removing the 1XX off all local routes that connect to the LRT.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, OCtranspo10 said:

Looks like there will be many route re-numbering in the Spring 2017 changes. All 20's, 30's, 40's, 60's, and 70's going to the 200's.

And others like the 124 to 24. removing the 1XX off all local routes that connect to the LRT.

I'll take "waste of money" for 1000$ please Alex.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Michel said:

I'll take "waste of money" for 1000$ please Alex.

It would be done sooner or later, and the new system will make a lot more sense with the LRT than the current system.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On October 5, 2016 at 11:13 AM, OCtranspo10 said:

Looks like there will be many route re-numbering in the Spring 2017 changes. All 20's, 30's, 40's, 60's, and 70's going to the 200's.

And others like the 124 to 24. removing the 1XX off all local routes that connect to the LRT.

a tonne of new routes for the Winter booking , 19,63,64,256,etc etc and Like OCtranspo10 said , expresses seem to be switching to 2XX numbers . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Route 19 St. Laurent - Rideau Centre via current 5 routing

Route 30. Loop(?) Jeanne D'arc, Brian Coburn, Trim, Valin. (Old 130/122)

63, 64, Tunney's Pasture - Richcraft (Old 93 split in 2)

224, assuming old 24

234, old 27

235, old 35

252 is a new route. Looks like, 416 to Hunt Club, Hunt Club, Old Richmond, to Hope Side, Fernbank Crossing/Cope Area, then Fernbank to Stittsville. (New route 167 area)

255, old 67

256, old 66

261, old 61

264, old 64

265, old 65

267, old 62

268, old 68

269, old 69

270, old 70

271, old 71

272, old 72

273, old 73

277, old 77

290, old 140. Thinking it will be going through downtown. 

293, old 40 BUT extended to Leitrim but not going through Findley Creek 

298, no  clue

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, OCtranspo10 said:

Route 19 St. Laurent - Rideau Centre via current 5 routing

Route 30. Loop(?) Jeanne D'arc, Brian Coburn, Trim, Valin. (Old 130/122)

63, 64, Tunney's Pasture - Richcraft (Old 93 split in 2)

224, assuming old 24

234, old 27

235, old 35

252 is a new route. Looks like, 416 to Hunt Club, Hunt Club, Old Richmond, to Hope Side, Fernbank Crossing/Cope Area, then Fernbank to Stittsville. (New route 167 area)

255, old 67

256, old 66

261, old 61

264, old 64

265, old 65

267, old 62

268, old 68

269, old 69

270, old 70

271, old 71

272, old 72

273, old 73

277, old 77

290, old 140. Thinking it will be going through downtown. 

293, old 40 BUT extended to Leitrim but not going through Findley Creek 

298, no  clue

 

 

Just to add on to / mention some corrections to what OCTranspo10 mentioned above . Based on the Paddles that have been released on Driverseat these are some of the changes for the Next Service Change. 

 

Route 30 will operate All day , from Millienum to Blair , and extended to Downtown durning Peak periods 

Route 63 Replaces the current route 93/60, in the Brookside/Briarbrook side and will Operate 7 days a week , Lincoln to Innovation P&R , extended to Downtown during Peak. 

Route 64 Replaces 93/60/64 in the Morgans Grant Side and will Operate Monday to Friday, During Peak Period It will extend to Downtown.

Route 231 Replaces the 31

Route 232 Replaces the 21

Route 233 Replaces the 20B

Route 252 Replaces the 69 

Route 264 Replaces the Kanata Lakes Portion of the 64

Route 269 Replaces the 61

Route 290 Replaces the 140 Between Hurdman and McCarthy

Route 293 Replaces the 40 ( as of right now no extension to Leitrim is shown ) 

Route 298 Replaces the 43

** NOTE: More Changes May occur prior to the New Booking ** 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, dev161 said:

 

Just to add on to / mention some corrections to what OCTranspo10 mentioned above . Based on the Paddles that have been released on Driverseat these are some of the changes for the Next Service Change. 

 

Route 30 will operate All day , from Millienum to Blair , and extended to Downtown durning Peak periods 

Route 63 Replaces the current route 93/60, in the Brookside/Briarbrook side and will Operate 7 days a week , Lincoln to Innovation P&R , extended to Downtown during Peak. 

Route 64 Replaces 93/60/64 in the Morgans Grant Side and will Operate Monday to Friday, During Peak Period It will extend to Downtown.

Route 231 Replaces the 31

Route 232 Replaces the 21

Route 233 Replaces the 20B

Route 252 Replaces the 69 

Route 264 Replaces the Kanata Lakes Portion of the 64

Route 269 Replaces the 61

Route 290 Replaces the 140 Between Hurdman and McCarthy

Route 293 Replaces the 40 ( as of right now no extension to Leitrim is shown ) 

Route 298 Replaces the 43

** NOTE: More Changes May occur prior to the New Booking ** 

237 replaces the 37

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
16 hours ago, dev161 said:

 

Just to add on to / mention some corrections to what OCTranspo10 mentioned above . Based on the Paddles that have been released on Driverseat these are some of the changes for the Next Service Change. 

 

Route 30 will operate All day , from Millienum to Blair , and extended to Downtown durning Peak periods 

Route 63 Replaces the current route 93/60, in the Brookside/Briarbrook side and will Operate 7 days a week , Lincoln to Innovation P&R , extended to Downtown during Peak. 

Route 64 Replaces 93/60/64 in the Morgans Grant Side and will Operate Monday to Friday, During Peak Period It will extend to Downtown.

Route 231 Replaces the 31

Route 232 Replaces the 21

Route 233 Replaces the 20B

Route 252 Replaces the 69 

Route 264 Replaces the Kanata Lakes Portion of the 64

Route 269 Replaces the 61

Route 290 Replaces the 140 Between Hurdman and McCarthy

Route 293 Replaces the 40 ( as of right now no extension to Leitrim is shown ) 

Route 298 Replaces the 43

** NOTE: More Changes May occur prior to the New Booking ** 

3

Ooo, I can smell the new schedule/sign money being burned away. The people asking every bus at rush hour, uh does the 252,2xx go to eagleson park and ride? The OC bus drivers giving out brochures for two weeks!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...