STO and OC Transpo Routes

Cre47

38 minutes ago, Waiting for 30 Minutes said:

I think you misread something or are misinformed about the Pinecrest Station detours--they affect westbound service only. All eastbound service at the station is unchanged.

Yep, definitely misinterpreted the service change with the text boxes on the oc site (didn't really look at the maps this time around). Glad to hear they're keeping the 404. That being said, I agree with the game day stops for the 62/162!

• 4 weeks later...

Here's another idea. I'm hoping the next municipal election goes our way in regards to transit. Bored out of my mind, I thought, what would it look like if we brought back Community Bus (CommuniBus) routing with new/existing routes? Here's a route I created. New local Route 13. Supplements the 16, but provides a more direct and faster service to Rideau Station vs Mackenzie King with the 16. In this, service will once again return to Wiggins Pvt. to reduce walking distances for those in the community. It will travel via former Route 316's routing from Sandy Hill to Rideau St. via Chapel. This will also act as a feeder Route from those living on Lees Ave. that want direct access to Rideau St. for other transit routes or businesses. It will also be extended past Rideau to Parliament Station. Here are other examples too. Routes 14 and 19 rerouted to trace over former Routes 153/316 and 306.

map_carte_013.thumb.png.44040b791076f8f23b2c6d0722417d82.pngRoute013map.thumb.png.a5985aeaf8923c90d065e723bec498dd.png014map.thumb.png.eb496df20848ff4b3eedf6362178d73d.png019map.thumb.png.02a72a4f22d4ce933df29514e6c78b61.png

map_carte_013.pdf

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Loud-Invero said:

Here's another idea. I'm hoping the next municipal election goes our way in regards to transit. Bored out of my mind, I thought, what would it look like if we brought back Community Bus (CommuniBus) routing with new/existing routes? Here's a route I created. New local Route 13. Supplements the 16, but provides a more direct and faster service to Rideau Station vs Mackenzie King with the 16. In this, service will once again return to Wiggins Pvt. to reduce walking distances for those in the community. It will travel via former Route 316's routing from Sandy Hill to Rideau St. via Chapel. This will also act as a feeder Route from those living on Lees Ave. that want direct access to Rideau St. for other transit routes or businesses. It will also be extended past Rideau to Parliament Station. Here are other examples too. Routes 14 and 19 rerouted to trace over former Routes 153/316 and 306.

map_carte_013.thumb.png.44040b791076f8f23b2c6d0722417d82.pngRoute013map.thumb.png.a5985aeaf8923c90d065e723bec498dd.png014map.thumb.png.eb496df20848ff4b3eedf6362178d73d.png019map.thumb.png.02a72a4f22d4ce933df29514e6c78b61.png

map_carte_013.pdf 317.23 kB · 1 download

Not a bad idea. It's a better connection for Sandy Hill residents to their nearest two grocery stores. It can probably operate at a respectable frequency, too. I'd suggest the following:

• Extend eastern terminus to St-Laurent Station via Lees, 417, Riverside, Hurdman Station, Industrial, Trainyards, Railmarket, Terminal, Trainyards, Belfast, Coventry, and St-Laurent for a true community bus feel, or via Lees, 417, Riverside, Hurdman Station, Terminal, Trainyards, Belfast, Coventry and St-Laurent for a simpler routing.
  • Combine with the 5 to Billings Bridge Station.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Waiting for 30 Minutes said:

Not a bad idea. It's a better connection for Sandy Hill residents to their nearest two grocery stores. It can probably operate at a respectable frequency, too. I'd suggest the following:

• Extend eastern terminus to St-Laurent Station via Lees, 417, Riverside, Hurdman Station, Industrial, Trainyards, Railmarket, Terminal, Trainyards, Belfast, Coventry, and St-Laurent for a true community bus feel, or via Lees, 417, Riverside, Hurdman Station, Terminal, Trainyards, Belfast, Coventry and St-Laurent for a simpler routing.
  • Combine with the 5 to Billings Bridge Station.

Not a bad idea. Though personally I think Railmarket would be a hell hole to navigate during peak hours and I'm sure those waiting outside at Walmart don't want to walk to Trainyards so they can add another bus route to the "Whatever comes first" list, whether that be a 13, 19 or 42. Kinda like how when I'm at Richmond Plaza, to get a ride to Bayshore I either have to run towards Carling for the 57, or run towards Richmond for the 11 or if I wanted "whatever comes first", I'd have to walk to Carling/Croydon and wait for one of the three Bayshore routes to show up.

Route013_Revised.png

I would like to see the old 53 that ran in the 1970's.

ST Laurent Shopping Mall--St Laurent--Elmvale Mall--ST Laurent--Walklly Road--Heron Road(by Pass Billings Bridge you save time)--Baseline--Merivale--Carling Ave--Carlingwood Shoping Center. Maybe extending it to Bayshore Mall?(via Carling Ave and to Bayshore via other street forgot the name).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

STO:  I've noticed on the travel planner and transit tracker that Gatineau-bound routes are now supposing using Albert-Bank-Queen-Kent instead of turning...  I would assume that's some sort of error as buses are still turning onto to Kent from Albert.

10 hours ago, sdgta2008 said:

STO:  I've noticed on the travel planner and transit tracker that Gatineau-bound routes are now supposing using Albert-Bank-Queen-Kent instead of turning...  I would assume that's some sort of error as buses are still turning onto to Kent from Albert.

There’s still some road closures in the DT core 

per. 
6EC5EE07-0160-45EB-B356-D3E0022CA3C0.thumb.png.df0ed8eb98b3e501b7e867d1c58058a8.png

• 2 weeks later...

Route 664. Earl of March S.S. special.

6632 (16).JPG

Route 671. John McCrae S.S. special.

6517 (12).JPG

6615 (17).JPG

Route 676. St. Mother Teresa H.S. special.

6581 (7).JPG

Route 680. Merivale H.S. special.

6419 (14).JPG

6419 (13).JPG

Route 688. Merivale HS special. This route started operating on Sept 20 2021 but didn't have its own sign until 2022.

6418 (12).JPG

6358 (8).JPG

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Service changes effective April 23rd 

Major schedule improvements noted below:

Route 16: The afternoon trip will be adjusted to start at 2:40 pm to better accommodate the bell time.

Route 167: Service will be renumbered as NEW Route 67, bypass Terry Fox Station, and extended to Tunney's Pasture Station eastbound in the morning peak period and westbound in the afternoon peak period. Service will be realigned between Cope and Westphalian to operate along Rouncey Road through the Blackstone neighbourhood.

Route 252: Service will be shortened to start at Templeford and Cope in the morning and end at Cope and Northgraves in the afternoon as NEW Route 67 will provide Abbottsville residents with a connection to Line 1 at Tunney's Pasture Station.

Route 198: Will be adjusted to provide two-way peak period service between River Road and Greenboro Station. Two NEW morning peak period northbound trips and two NEW southbound afternoon peak period trips will be added and they will extend south of Earl Armstrong Road to start/end at Borbridge Avenue near River Road.

Route 299: Routing will be modified to operate via Borbridge Avenue and Brian Good Avenue between River Road and Earl Armstrong Road. Service will be removed from Riverview Station as Route 99 continues to provide service.

NightBus Routes: Select trips will have schedule or pattern adjustments to better align with O-Train Line 1 hours of operation

N39: Will be adjusted to serve Hurdman Station, improving connections with other late night and overnight routes.

Rack and roll coming in April with buses starting to be installed with bike racks.

NCC Bike days: Every Saturday, Sunday, and holiday Monday, between 8:00 am and 4:00 pm, vehicles will not be able to access the westbound lane of the Sir John A. MacDonald Parkway. Many people will walk, skateboard, bike, or inline skate along the Parkway as part of NCC Weekend Bikedays.

Affects routes 57, 61, 62, 63, 74, 75 and 87

Frequency reductions noted below:

Connexion routes reduced to hourly frequency : 221, 231, 237, 258, 261, 263, 264, 270 and 283

Select trips being withdrawn on these routes: R2, 10, 11, 12, 24, 25, 39, 44, 56, 66, 73, 75 and 84

Route 2: Reduced to every 15 minutes, all day and in both directions to better match seasonal ridership levels at Carleton

Route 25: 

• Westbound morning and eastbound afternoon trips between Millennium Station and Blair Station reduced to every 10 minutes. 
  • Westbound early morning trips between 5:00 am and 5:30 am will be reduced from every 15 minutes to every 30 minutes.

Route 40: 

• Southbound morning trips from St-Laurent Station to St-Laurent / Conroy will be reduced to every 10 minutes. Southbound morning trips from St-Laurent / Conroy to Greenboro Station will be reduced to every 20 minutes.
  • Northbound afternoon trips from St-Laurent / Conroy will be reduced to every 15 minutes.

Route 56: Peak period trips between Tunney's Pasture Station and Civic Hospital will be withdrawn in order to maintain service every 30 minutes along the full length of the route.

Route 57: Southbound late evening trips between 11:45 pm and 12:15 am will be reduced to every 24 minutes.

Route 61: Select peak period trips to/from Cardelrec Recreation Complex will be withdrawn and converted to NEW Route 67 trips to/from Tunney's Pasture Station and bypass Terry Fox Station. Select trips which start/end at Terry Fox Station will be extended to Cardelrec.

Route 99: 

• The 12:36 am westbound trip on weekdays from Riverview Station to Barrhaven Centre, will be withdrawn.
  • The extension of the regular morning trip to Pierre-de-Blois will be adjusted onto the 7:45 am trip from Hurdman Station.

Route 171: The 3:45 pm trip from Pierre-de-Blois will be adjusted to start at 3:55 pm.

School trips adjustments: 

Route 674 All Saints: Two trips originally scheduled to arrive at 2:32 pm and depart at 2:39 pm, will be adjusted to arrive at the school at 2:34 pm and depart at 2:41 pm.

Route 48 Cantebury High School: The 8:30 am trip from Hurdman Station will be withdrawn as it is replaced by the existing 8:39 am trip.

Route 612 and 622 Colonel By Secondary School, Lester B. Pearson High School, École secondaire publique Gisèle-Lalonde, and École secondaire Béatrice-Desloges: Morning trips will be extended to start at Chapel Hill Park and Ride instead of Renaud.

Route 28 École secondaire publique Louis-Riel:

• Morning trips will be adjusted to start at 8:09 am, 8:18 am, and 8:24 am to better accommodate the 8:45 am bell time.
  • The 8:28 am trip from Blair Station will be removed.

Route 99 École secondaire publique Pierre-de-Blois:

• Supplemental 8:07 am trip from Hurdman Station will be shortened to start at Spratt/Limebank.
  • The afternoon supplemental school trip will be shortened to end at Spratt/Limebank.
  • The duplicate afternoon school trip will be removed and 3:47 pm trip from Pierre-de-Blois will be shifted to start at 3:38 pm.

Route 171 Longfields-Davidson Heights Secondary School: The two 3:32 pm trips will be withdrawn and the earlier trips at 3:10 pm will be adjusted to 3:00 pm.

Route 80 and 680 Merivale High School: One afternoon trip on Route 680 will be converted to Route 80

Route 84 Sir Robert Borden High School: The 7:57 am trip from Baseline Station will be withdrawn. Students can take the 8:00 am trip.

Route 80 St. Paul High School: The 7:18 am trip will be adjusted to loop around Morrison onto Draper to serve the stop in front of the school.

Final comments:

New schedules and route maps are in the trip planner. Not yet programmed into the schedules tab yet which will take a bit of time. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Regarding N39 looping into Hurdman in both directions instead of the first N39 from Place D'Orleans on Sunday providing connections when Line 1 finishes for the night from Via-Rail.  It is a lot better especially since the additional time needed to make the loop is pretty minimal during the late evening/early morning hours. Providing connections from those coming via Tremblay or St. Laurent rather than transferring at Rideau or King Edward, then taking a N45 or N97 to backtrack to Hurdman. 

I remember the days when the 95 used to loop into Hurdman before it was discontinued in December 2015 instead having the 104 takeover providing connections to Hurdman from St. Laurent to Place D'Orleans while providing continuous service to Carleton University. During the early morning hours, it was reduced to Hurdman to Blair until around 2 AM to provide a transfer for those that needed Hurdman coming from the 95 at half-hour frequencies. 

3 hours ago, Loud-Invero said:

Also, all westbound PM peak Connexion Routes (from Tunney's Pasture)will serve Westboro-Lincoln Fields Station. Pinecrest will continue to be bypassed via 417 Hwy. AM service remains "off only" for most eastbound Connexion Routes.

Thanks for the note. Forgot about that one while copying down the details of the service changes for record keeping purposes. 

20 hours ago, Loud-Invero said:

Also, all westbound PM peak Connexion Routes (from Tunney's Pasture)will serve Westboro-Lincoln Fields Station. Pinecrest will continue to be bypassed via 417 Hwy. AM service remains "off only" for most eastbound Connexion Routes.

The Transitway between Tunney's Pasture and Dominion Station is slated to close down for LRT conversion this Spring (though not explicitly mentioned on the web site).

Buses on detour will be required to travel on Scott Street and serve the temporary Westboro Station and temporary Dominion Station (as well as the new bus-only Scott Street Extension between Churchill and the Ottawa River Parkway). PM Connexion Buses aren't going to be able to pass another bus the way they currently do once they are on detour. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, JCL said:

The Transitway between Tunney's Pasture and Dominion Station is slated to close down for LRT conversion this Spring (though not explicitly mentioned on the web site).

Buses on detour will be required to travel on Scott Street and serve the temporary Westboro Station and temporary Dominion Station (as well as the new bus-only Scott Street Extension between Churchill and the Ottawa River Parkway). PM Connexion Buses aren't going to be able to pass another bus the way they currently do once they are on detour. 

This closure was postponed until June.

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Enviro_1203 said:

This closure was postponed until June.

This would be new information that I wasn't aware of (unless I've missed something).

I know that they had originally planned closure of the Transitway between Tunney's Pasture and Dominion for June 2022, then Councillor Jeff Leiper stated that the June 2022 date was an error and that the closure would instead occur in April 2022 (https://kitchissippiward.ca/content/april-lrt-detour-start-and-overnight-work).

And based on your post that the detour is being postponed to June 2022, the City is reverting back to the original date. 

1 hour ago, JCL said:

This would be new information that I wasn't aware of (unless I've missed something).

I know that they had originally planned closure of the Transitway between Tunney's Pasture and Dominion for June 2022, then Councillor Jeff Leiper stated that the June 2022 date was an error and that the closure would instead occur in April 2022 (https://kitchissippiward.ca/content/april-lrt-detour-start-and-overnight-work).

And based on your post that the detour is being postponed to June 2022, the City is reverting back to the original date. 

That did happen--the date was shifted up to April, but the contractor has stated they are unable to meet that deadline.

• Like 1

On Saturdays and Sundays, the schedules of the following routes will be adjusted to improve reliability of service: ... Route 85

So relooking at the service change, for the 85, Please correct me if i'm mistaken, but since when has service switched almost instantly to 30 minute frequencies on a Saturday at 6 PM... Not 8, not 9, but 6 PM ?. I'm pretty sure there was a smoother transition from 6-8 pm where it would be 20 minutes, then switch to 30 minutes after 8 or 9, but no. From what it looks like, it will switch from 15 minutes to 30 minutes, just like that, after 6 PM on Saturday... And they wonder why ridership goes down ?〽while car sales go up ?

The new schedules have been programmed into the schedules and maps section without needing to use the trip planner to get the info. 

New route maps have NOT been uploaded into the schedules and maps tab at the time of writing. Even if you choose a date after April 23rd. 

Summer service change is June 26th which will coincide with the Transitway closure between Tunney's and Dominion. I remember the last bus to enter the Transitway level of Tunney's which was June 24, 2016 just before 7 PM. With all buses re-routed to use Scott Street in the designated bus only lanes. 

My text document for OC Transpo Service Changes has now been transferred onto the CPTDB wiki! I've been building this for almost 3 years now. Changes are well covered between the years 1995-2022. THIS IS A WORK IN PROGRESS. I will be fixing typos, formatting, and modifying the Table of Contents to make it less of a hassle to navigate as I go. That being said, enjoy! Ottawa-Carleton Regional Transit Commission Bus/Train Service Changes - CPTDB Wiki

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ZümmyZüm said:

The landmarks for the 67, is this something new OC is testing on maps? I can’t recall seeing a legend before, typically it’s stated beside a thick circle 

Its because it doesnt fit on the map (especially when they have to include both languages). 

• Thanks 1

On 4/7/2022 at 12:11 AM, Loud-Invero said:

Finally! Sort of... Here's Route 67 and 299. All other maps are still missing <_<

1649451199_067map(1).thumb.gif.337fe27d1adfa1d4b734335693ed895c.gif299map.thumb.gif.c8fda04fbd98f5ee75cc5c6220bb728a.gif

The remaining printable route maps that are being adjusted such as the 67, 252, 198 and 299 have now been uploaded under the schedules and maps section.

Just make sure that a date after April 23rd to ensure that it is after the service changes been implemented. 

• Like 1