STO and OC Transpo Routes

Cre47

13 minutes ago, ArticHunter57 said:

Are Routes 615 and 616 running currently? The schedule infos are everywhere except OC's own website.

If by today you mean Sunday, then no.

But otherwise, if you check the travel planner the schedules for the 615 and 616 can be found for any weekday.

https://plan.octranspo.com/plan/RouteSchedules?Date=2021-9-13&RouteKey=615~~Direction2&ShowOptions=false&TimingPointsOnly=true

31 minutes ago, OCCheetos said:

If by today you mean Sunday, then no.

But otherwise, if you check the travel planner the schedules for the 615 and 616 can be found for any weekday.

https://plan.octranspo.com/plan/RouteSchedules?Date=2021-9-13&RouteKey=615~~Direction2&ShowOptions=false&TimingPointsOnly=true

Strangely, the schedules are not available on this list.

https://www.octranspo.com/en/plan-your-trip/schedules-maps/?sched-lang=en&date=20210913&rte=624

Screen Shot 2021-09-12 at 11.19.56 AM.png

34 minutes ago, MCIBUS said:

Question?

When OC had the printed schedules(before Covid-19)did they have any Route 600-699 printed in Pocket Schedules? I never saw any at any Transitway Station offices or at the one at Rideau? Did they have these only at the schools?

There has never been pocket timetables produced for the 600-series school route. Furthermore, if there are special school trips that are incorporated into regular route  number (e.g. '33 Gisele Lalande' or '131 St. Peters HS') - those special school trip are not reflected in the pocket timetables. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So apparently there is an infobox sized R1 map. Although never released to the public nor in circulation, there was a version of said route in the "Employee Field Guide", issued Fall 2019. Thanks to a good friend, I've recently digitized the photo I was sent and have decided to release it for you all to enjoy. Interesting to note that they intended to use R1 like the night service routing traveling via Cummings, Ogilvie and City Park between Blair and St. Laurent. That was changed in December 2019 to travel via Cyrville up to Innes and 417/174 to Blair during the godawful couple of months we endured of lack of trains and too many people... I assume to many people were complaining about walking distances to Cyrville, hence the routing change.

map_carte_001.thumb.gif.1e47ec063fbbede7d8d1712712e94e59.gif

map_carte_001.PDF

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Loud-Invero said:

So apparently there is an infobox sized R1 map. Although never released to the public nor in circulation, there was a version of said route in the "Employee Field Guide", issued Fall 2019. Thanks to a good friend, I've recently digitized the photo I was sent and have decided to release it for you all to enjoy. Interesting to note that they intended to use R1 like the night service routing traveling via Cummings, Ogilvie and City Park between Blair and St. Laurent. That was changed in December 2019 to travel via Cyrville up to Innes and 417/174 to Blair during the godawful couple of months we endured of lack of trains and too many people... I assume to many people were complaining about walking distances to Cyrville, hence the routing change.

map_carte_001.thumb.gif.a4eaa13fbc7b2274903c2a6dd5009348.gif

map_carte_001.PDF 290.82 kB · 0 downloads

Thanks for posting especially since the original version showed that R1 East towards Blair was the only service to Lees. R1 West between Blair and Hurdman would not service Lees due to the additional time required and those that needed Lees coming from those stations would disembark at UOttawa (King Edward/Templeton) and take the R1 in the other direction to backtrack to Lees.

Pretty much the issue with Cyrville was because most people assumed the replacement bus service when trains are not operating would be in front of the station. Even with instructions that people would have to walk north to the designated stop. Lees is similar that people would be confused on how to go west towards Tunney's if R1 East was the only service available for bus replacement.

R1 has been tweaked to try and service all stations at the trade-off of additional running time and resources. The current version bypasses Cyrville which instead operates with a separate shuttle between St. Laurent and Cyrville. 

12 hours ago, MCIBUS said:

Question?

What are OC Transpo's furthest routes out side urban core? How far does OC Transpo actually go?

Depends how you want to measure.

By straight distance, using Parliament Station as the "urban core" point, Munster Hamlet is 34 kilometres away, making that the farthest point from downtown. North Gower is a close second at 32 kilometres.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/30/2021 at 3:21 AM, Loud-Invero said:

One day, maybe we can reboot our modern system using old school route ideas... Route 253, replaces route 50 peak period trips. Route 50 would still operate while the 253 is in service. Would anyone dig this?

255map.png

This would be a great route to shuttle residents to/from downtown, but a major downfall of your vision is the route uses the slowest section of the 417, which is always jammed during peak in both directions, pandemic or not, and an awful section of Parkdale. Carling eastbound would also need a transit priority signal to support that routing pattern (as the purpose of exiting the highway would be to service the stop west of Kirkwood).

Baseline/Clyde could certainly use full-time bidirectional service other than the 88, but the service along Navaho and Iris in its current form will effectively transport customers between the neighbourhood and future LRT service at Iris and Westboro stations.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Waiting for 30 Minutes said:

Baseline/Clyde could certainly use full-time bidirectional service other than the 88, but the service along Navaho and Iris in its current form will effectively transport customers between the neighbourhood and future LRT service at Iris and Westboro stations.

Agreed, maybe Merivale to Lincoln Fields as well. :P

083map_small.thumb.gif.acb9fa7b0d6431443addfd4e3a48e4b3.gif

On 10/31/2021 at 2:03 PM, Waiting for 30 Minutes said:

Baseline/Clyde could certainly use full-time bidirectional service other than the 88

Sorry for the long reply to this part as well, but IMO they should extend the 81 to Baseline as well. The 50 is already well established as you mentioned and will already provide a good connection to Iris Station, so I think the 81 should just be extended along Baseline to Baseline (Algonquin) Station. It basically will act like the old 55/155 as a feeder Route to Tunney's Pasture, but instead actually have a west end terminus that makes sense instead of the weird Clyde/Kimway loop that got going on.

081map.gif

On 11/6/2021 at 4:45 PM, Loud-Invero said:

Sorry for the long reply to this part as well, but IMO they should extend the 81 to Baseline as well. The 50 is already well established as you mentioned and will already provide a good connection to Iris Station, so I think the 81 should just be extended along Baseline to Baseline (Algonquin) Station. It basically will act like the old 55/155 as a feeder Route to Tunney's Pasture, but instead actually have a west end terminus that makes sense instead of the weird Clyde/Kimway loop that got going on.

081map.gif

This is from something I created late last year.

Laurentian.png

10 minutes ago, Loud-Invero said:

I'm interested in seeing your concept map (154 kinda got me interested), if you wouldn't mind me seeing :)

Here's the area covered by the 154. I'll share the rest of the map when I finally get around to completing it (also, some ideas have evolved since then). :P

154.png

It's meant to be a local/limited route (which doesn't necessarily mean very little service...just that it doesn't operate within "standard" hours) operating between Queensview and Tunney's Pasture. Services Pinecrest, Lincoln Fields, and Sherbourne stations as well.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Waiting for 30 Minutes said:

Here's the area covered by the 154. I'll share the rest of the map when I finally get around to completing it (also, some ideas have evolved since then). :P

154.png

It's meant to be a local/limited route (which doesn't necessarily mean very little service...just that it doesn't operate within "standard" hours) operating between Queensview and Tunney's Pasture. Services Pinecrest, Lincoln Fields, and Sherbourne stations as well.

This is the kind of system I toss and turn about in my sleep hoping it happens one day 

R1 will continue to operate all day until November 14th. Effective November 15th, R1 will only operate during weekday peak periods. In addition, the R1 trips that will operate during peak periods will only be R1 Express trips.

R1 Express from Blair to downtown in the AM with the reverse in the PM, with the new addition of R1 Express from Tunney's Pasture in the AM with the reverse in the PM.

3 hours ago, Loud-Invero said:

R1 will continue to operate all day until November 14th. Effective November 15th, R1 will only operate during weekday peak periods. In addition, the R1 trips that will operate during peak periods will only be R1 Express trips.

R1 Express from Blair to downtown in the AM with the reverse in the PM, with the new addition of R1 Express from Tunney's Pasture in the AM with the reverse in the PM.

Pretty much S1 minus the Hurdman stop for eastbound passengers. 

Schedule is every 10 minutes for R1 Express during these time windows noted below:

R1 Express from/to Blair 

• 6:30 AM until 8:50 AM to downtown (Lyon)
  • 3:30 PM until 5:50 PM from downtown (Lyon) to Blair 

Blair and the three downtown stations are the only ones serviced by R1 Express to/from Blair via Queensway

R1 Express from/to Tunney's

• 6:30 AM until 8:30 AM to downtown (Rideau) from Tunney's 
  • 3:30 PM until 5:30 PM from downtown (Rideau) to Tunney's

For some reason, the trip planner is showing that all stations are serviced between Tunney's and Rideau. One would assume if it was Express, Bayview and Pimisi would be bypassed and only the three downtown stations would be serviced to minimize trip times providing frequent service along the higher usage sections.