STO and OC Transpo Routes

Cre47

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/15/2019 at 10:01 PM, Loud-Invero said:

I wanted to point out that Route 15 is back from the September 4th, 2011 changes. I like seeing old routes returning and OC just rebrands them as a "new route".

You think that's old?  OC Transpo are also resurrecting route 51 Britannia, which operated from June 1959 until it was renumbered to route 18 in April 1986:

1928554562_OTC1959-06NewRoutes.thumb.jpg.88389fb114f9db1a8b8ef74676ea7ff5.jpg

1926075685_OCTranspo1986-04Changes.thumb.jpg.b1597ffd972dbc1d45cfcfefc76c8a07.jpg

• Like 1

75 peak period trips to Gatineau (including N75) now serve

Scott/Parkdale
Scott/Stirling
Albert/Preston

Unlike before where the former 95 didn't stop until Tom Brown Aren and LeBreton.

N-Routes heading east serve Albert/Bay then travel via Bay, then travel on Queen Street to Rideau Station.

N-Routes heading west serve Waller Street and King Edward (like the former 95)

Also, tiny thing but here's what I think...

•N-Routes should stay on Slater/Albert then serve Rideau because (IMO) the LRT isn't even running, so there is no need to serve these LRT stations to begin with.

• I think the terminus shouldn't be Rideau station. Rideau is Sketchy as hell with all the thugs and homeless that are near there at night. They honestly should just extend to Blair after Rideau or even St. Laurent to connect to local routes that provide early morning service.

Also,
N39 serves Cyrville, Cummings and Ogilvie, to city park then Blair. That's a good change IMO.

I had to work last Sunday early morning. Took the N97. Ater leaving the Queensway it loop back to Lees Station, then contued to Main, to Grenfield(I think that's the name)then back to King Edward  to Lauier and instead of turning at Lauier Station it went slightly further down turned roght and onto Rideau station.

I can see it going to Rideau LRT Station between Midnight and 3 in the morning as clubs close at 2 AM and have patrons coming out of the barsd. But 3 or so most are gone.

• 2 weeks later...

For the last few months, I've been gathering clippings from newspapers.com to produce an all-time history of Ottawa streetcar and bus routes for the wiki.  @Loud-Invero has been working on the history since 1995 and I've been working on older service changes.  I've also been gathering clippings about suburban bus companies absorbed by the OTC in 1950, but the information available is much harder to find.

Here's a clipping showing OER streetcar routes as they existed in July 1907.  The discs and lights mentioned were first used by the OESR in 1893 and were replaced by illuminated letters in 1931, and the Protestant Hospital was located at the corner of Rideau and Charlotte Streets:

1315877625_OER1907-07Article.thumb.jpg.906531aad998f0af8f0b9aa18dc76483.jpg

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Making numbering of some routes more accurate:

Having all trips on route 80 between Barrhaven and Tunney's Pasture renumbered 76, to match the numbering system used by routes 73-75, 170, 171, 173, 175, 176, 179, 270-273, 275, 277 and 278.

Renumbering route 85 as 52, to match the numbering system used by routes 50, 51 and 55-58.

Having all trips on route 88 between Terry Fox and Hurdman renumbered 68, to match the numbering system used by routes 61-64, 66, 161, 162, 164, 166-168 and 261-268.

Future changes, for after extension of the Confederation Line to Algonquin Station:

Adjusting route 74 to replace route 284, by having northbound trips travel along West Hunt Club Road between Woodroffe Avenue and Knoxdale Road, then travel along Knoxdale Road between West Hunt Club Road and Woodroffe Avenue, with southbound trips travelling in the opposite direction along both stretches of road. 

Extending route 81 to replace route 50, by adjusting it to travel along Baseline Road, between Merivale Road and Erindale Drive, then along Erindale Drive, Navaho Drive, Iris Street and Woodroffe Avenue. 

Adjusting route 83 to replace route 50, by having the westernmost last stretch shortened to run between Algonquin Station and the corner of Woodroffe Avenue and Knoxdale Road/Medhurst Drive, then extending it to operate north from the corner of Merivale Road and Viewmount Drive, along Clyde Avenue, Maitland Avenue, Woodward Drive, Clyde Avenue North, Carling Avenue, Churchill Avenue North and Scott Street, with the eastward last stop at Tunney's Pasture.

Small change, but Routes 282 and 284 have new route maps. the only difference is now it will no longer offer full service between baseline and Tunney's Pasture. like other connection routes it will be off only between baseline and Westboro with no service in the p.m. (except for baseline).

The 282 well-run similar to the 283 where it will be off only between Queensway and Westboro with no service to Dominion or Westboro in the p.m (Lincoln Fields will be full service in the p.m.)

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't notice until now but it seems that route 16 trips that went via Charlotte from the general hospital have been cancelled. OC didn't give a rationale but I assume those trips have been replaced by Routes 45/55 and line 1 to Rideau station, where transfers can be made to routes on Rideau Street to get to Charlotte

Ottawa-Carleton_Regional_Transit_Commission_route_16_map_(09-2018)-a.thumb.gif.519822fc89d4385e4b55cc96079612ba.gifOttawa-Carleton_Regional_Transit_Commission_route_16_map_(10-2019)-a.thumb.png.94d75a8608b7fc1c874d4760acf69342.png

It also looks like route 16 will be reclassified as a frequent route as seniors and volunteers at the good companions centre have been complaining/leaving.

2 hours ago, Loud-Invero said:

I didn't notice until now but it seems that route 16 trips that went via Charlotte from the general hospital have been cancelled. OC didn't give a rationale but I assume those trips have been replaced by Routes 45/55 and line 1 to Rideau station, where transfers can be made to routes on Rideau Street to get to Charlotte

Ottawa-Carleton_Regional_Transit_Commission_route_16_map_(09-2018)-a.thumb.gif.519822fc89d4385e4b55cc96079612ba.gifOttawa-Carleton_Regional_Transit_Commission_route_16_map_(10-2019)-a.thumb.png.94d75a8608b7fc1c874d4760acf69342.png

It also looks like route 16 will be reclassified as a frequent route as seniors and volunteers at the good companions centre have been complaining/leaving.

Looks like some trips operate between Laurier E and Tunney's Pasture Stn as well, at least during weekday midday, but I do not see any reference to the old trips via Charlotte in the timetables either.

• 3 weeks later...

Okay so OC for some reason is not releasing the changes, however they do have their "future" route maps and here's what I can dig out... (View maps here:  https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1nyQxaA_WvPQmc1--C4BWh6AkOWa1-XX1?usp=sharing)

*Will be revised to travel via the opposite direction when serving downtown. Instead of serving Elgin, Queen and Metcalfe first, it'll continue on Wellington, serve O'Connor, Queen, then the Eastern Portion of Confederation square.
*It will now serve Parliament Station.

*Eastbound trips are revised to turn left onto Kent instead of Bank. It will remain on Queen street where it will turn left onto Elgin instead of Metcalfe to serve Confederation Square.
*Will run on Queens street in both directions.

*Will be rerouted to assist in reducing delays that the route has been facing due to challenges making the eastbound left turn from Scott Street into the Tunney’s Pasture Campus. Will serve Tunney's Pasture Station stop E, Scott, Sir Frederick Banting, Eglantine, Tunney's Pasture, Columbine, Parkdale, Scott, Tunney's Pasture Station off-stop C. (Effective since December 15th, 2015)

*55 Elmvale and Hospital trips will service Smyth, first entrance to Hospital Campus, Ring, Northern roadway to CHEO, new stop, Ring towards General Campus, Smyth, then continue to the regular route. (Effective since December 15th, 2015)

*Will serve all stations instead of providing limited service between Queensway and Westboro Stations.

270 - 278
*Will no longer serve Baseline Station in the PM. AM trips will continue to allow passengers to request a stop between Baseline to Westboro Stations.

*Will serve all stations instead of providing limited service between Queensway and Westboro Stations.

On 12/15/2019 at 9:16 AM, Loud-Invero said:

Okay so OC for some reason is not releasing the changes, however they do have their "future" route maps and here's what I can dig out... (View maps here:  https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1nyQxaA_WvPQmc1--C4BWh6AkOWa1-XX1?usp=sharing)

*Will be revised to travel via the opposite direction when serving downtown. Instead of serving Elgin, Queen and Metcalfe first, it'll continue on Wellington, serve O'Connor, Queen, then the Eastern Portion of Confederation square.
*It will now serve Parliament Station.

*Eastbound trips are revised to turn left onto Kent instead of Bank. It will remain on Queen street where it will turn left onto Elgin instead of Metcalfe to serve Confederation Square.
*Will run on Queens street in both directions.

*Will be rerouted to assist in reducing delays that the route has been facing due to challenges making the eastbound left turn from Scott Street into the Tunney’s Pasture Campus. Will serve Tunney's Pasture Station stop E, Scott, Sir Frederick Banting, Eglantine, Tunney's Pasture, Columbine, Parkdale, Scott, Tunney's Pasture Station off-stop C. (Effective since December 15th, 2015)

*55 Elmvale and Hospital trips will service Smyth, first entrance to Hospital Campus, Ring, Northern roadway to CHEO, new stop, Ring towards General Campus, Smyth, then continue to the regular route. (Effective since December 15th, 2015)

270 - 278
*Will no longer serve Baseline Station in the PM. AM trips will continue to allow passengers to request a stop between Baseline to Westboro Stations.

With the upcoming changes, there will be some platform shifting at the following stations. Tunneys Pasture & Hurdman.
All changes are effective today.
Tunney’s Pasture Station: Route 266 Bus Stop Change

Tunneys_266.png

Tunney’s Pasture Station: Route 282 Bus Stop Change
Tunneys_282.png
Tunney’s Pasture Station: Route 284 Bus Stop Change
Tunneys_284.png
Hurdman Station: Route 45 Bus Stop Change
Hurdman_45.png

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, dudebrains said:

The STO winter booking starts today!

Get ready to start seeing some new faces driving your favourite bus routes.

Could this mean different buses as well possibly....?  I've noticed that I get the same bus type every day on route 40 (i.e. 40 ft 3rd gen in the a.m., 40 ft hybrid in the p.m.).  They still haven't added an artic on the 2nd morning run after many people (that I know of anyway) wrote to the STO back in the fall complaining that our bus fills up half way through the run.

On 1/7/2020 at 7:35 AM, sdgta2008 said:

Could this mean different buses as well possibly....?  I've noticed that I get the same bus type every day on route 40 (i.e. 40 ft 3rd gen in the a.m., 40 ft hybrid in the p.m.).  They still haven't added an artic on the 2nd morning run after many people (that I know of anyway) wrote to the STO back in the fall complaining that our bus fills up half way through the run.

Possibly. However, the bus schedules and garage assignments barely changed. The biggest change is the driver run picks.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/11/2019 at 11:47 AM, Bill Henry said:

Extending route 81 to replace route 50, by adjusting it to travel along Baseline Road, between Merivale Road and Erindale Drive, then along Erindale Drive, Navaho Drive, Iris Street and Woodroffe Avenue. 

They've already done that pre 2011 with the 151, there's a reason for those changes. What about service to Woodward? The peak period trips that bypass Erindale to replicate peak period Route 150 (former Route 51) trips?

• 2 weeks later...

Routes: 80

Date effective: February 02, 2020

Westgate North Mall roadway will be closed due to road work from Sunday, Feb. 2 to Sunday Feb. 16. Route 80 Tunney’s Pasture will be on detour.

Detour Route

Route 80 Tunney’s Pasture: From Merivale, Carling, Westgate shopping Centre Roadway, Merivale, Carling to regular route

Please catch your bus at Westgate SC/Merivale 2464

Stops Not In Use:  Westgate SC/Merivale 2474

Westgate shopping centre detour

Not sure where to post this, but I've created a full sized route map with the old theme for Route 116 back in 2001 if anyone is interested. I tried my best to recreate it so any comments would very much be appreciated in regards to accuracy. I've included a print sized version as a bonus, which measures 15cm x 58cm, the same size OC uses for their Infoboxes.

116map.pdf 116map-print.pdf

• 3 weeks later...

So after an early ride on Route 80, despite not being shown on the map, it still serves Colonnade Business Park in the Early Morning Only. The route itself had about 5 people on the trip (which ends at Merivale/Slack) which most got off at or before Baseline. 1 got off at Colonnade but I'm surprised there's even 2 of these trips scheduled despite such low ridership in comparison to other early morning trips on other routes. I also rode the 166 and 266 and I like both routes. Rides are pleasant and scenic and I love how the 266 bypasses Eagleson to avoid craming our LFR to the max. Though what I would say about my 266 trip, which should apply to any other Connexion Route, is for driver to follow the OFF ONLY routing between Moodie, Pinecrest-Westboro. That's it. Mine followed the Dominion - Tunney's portion but not the Moodie - Lincoln Fields Portion

The destination sign for trips to the Sikh Temple on Route 83 sign "83 Hunt Club". I spotted  6386 doing that trip at Tunney's Pasture @ 11:10 AM.

81 Sunday trips seem to be most popular from tunney's to Westgate. Though service to Cavan, etc., seem to be lacking in service levels (my trip, only 1 got off, no boarding)