STO and OC Transpo Routes

Cre47

Since, they are now introducing the new Frequent Routes. I updated my website to display what is currently defined as "frequent", 15 minute frequency between 6am to 6pm (weekdays).

Routes: 1, 2, 4, 7, 8, 12, 14, 16, 85, 86, 94 (rapid, maybe), 104 (rapid, maybe) , 106, 111, 118

Link to the my webpage: https://otttransit.ca/routes

I've started seeing the new-style bus stops set up on Bilberry Drive in Orleans and Legget Drive in Kanata.  From what I can see, if the stop is served by one or two routes, the destinations will be listed, but not if there are three routes or more.

The stops I saw on Legget will be served by routes (63), [66], and [166].  I noticed that route 63 is marked using a white ball with a blue number and outline, which I figure denotes its part-time service on Legget--route 63 does not serve Legget in the peak direction during the morning or evening rush.  I'd like to see how OC Transpo indicates part-time service on frequent routes, such as route <11> on Richmond Road near Lincoln Heights Galleria on Sunday mornings, or route <88> on Navaho Drive on weekends.

Stops along Woodroffe between Baseline and Hunt Club have been changed

6 hours ago, tomsbuspage said:

I've started seeing the new-style bus stops set up on Bilberry Drive in Orleans and Legget Drive in Kanata.  From what I can see, if the stop is served by one or two routes, the destinations will be listed, but not if there are three routes or more.

The stops I saw on Legget will be served by routes (63), [66], and [168].  I noticed that route 63 is marked using a white ball with a blue number and outline, which I figure denotes its part-time service on Legget--route 63 does not serve Legget in the peak direction during the morning or evening rush.  I'd like to see how OC Transpo indicates part-time service on frequent routes, such as route <11> on Richmond Road near Lincoln Heights Galleria on Sunday mornings, or route <88> on Navaho Drive on weekends.

168 does not go near Legget

The new Transitway, Park & Ride, and Rack & Roll maps are now available on octranspo.com:

rtn_map.pdf

rtn_park_ride_map.pdf

rtn_rack_roll_map.pdf

rtn_map.pdf

rtn_park_ride_map.pdf

rtn_rack_roll_map.pdf

rtn_map.pdf

rtn_park_ride_map.pdf

rtn_rack_roll_map.pdf

rtn_map.pdf

rtn_park_ride_map.pdf

rtn_rack_roll_map.pdf

rtn_map.pdf

rtn_park_ride_map.pdf

rtn_rack_roll_map.pdf

rtn_map.pdf

rtn_park_ride_map.pdf

rtn_rack_roll_map.pdf

rtn_map.pdf

rtn_park_ride_map.pdf

rtn_rack_roll_map.pdf

rtn_map.pdf

rtn_park_ride_map.pdf

rtn_rack_roll_map.pdf

rtn_map.pdf

rtn_park_ride_map.pdf

rtn_rack_roll_map.pdf

rtn_map.pdf

rtn_park_ride_map.pdf

rtn_rack_roll_map.pdf

rtn_map.pdf

rtn_park_ride_map.pdf

rtn_rack_roll_map.pdf

I was driving north on Moodie Drive this morning between the Queensway and Carling Avenue, and the bus stops have been replaced there too.  I noticed that route 152, which only has a few runs between the former Nortel campus and Bell High School, is marked with a white number in a dark box, which would indicate all-day service, while the old stop had the grey number indicating part-time service:

Old: 101 103 152 182

New: [66] [101] [103] [152]

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, OCCheetos said:

The new map shows the 87 as a normal (local?) route, but some of the new signs at stops along Heron show it as being a rapid route.

I noticed that only the routes being changed in the spring have been updated on the system map.  For instance, routes 14, 85, and 111 are designated as frequent routes on some bus stops, but they're still black regular routes on this map.

Yesterday was the last day Route 2 operated under that route number, and apparently there were free t-shirts being handed out to passengers who were riding Bus 5141, run 2-9. The t-shirts were created by Andrew King and OC Transpo gave him permission to distribute the shirts.

And, someone has taken a picture of Bus 8130 doing Route 11 (renumber Route 2): 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MCIBUS said:

Notice they have the new chime? Is that also now being heard inside as well?

It's audible if your close to the front. 

2 hours ago, andreasv said:

I don't think it's changed (that I remember from today).  I did notice a number 1 calling itself a 124 on the external announcements though.

It's the New exterior announcements. It goes ding dong (insert rte # and direction here)

There's an old route 182 bus stop on Carling Avenue eastbound between Bayfield Avenue and Burke Road in the Greenbelt.  All of the other bus stops on this stretch of Carling have been replaced with new-style route 66 stops:

https://www.google.com/maps/@45.3407609,-75.8905347,3a,20.5y,115.11h,86.41t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sAl_JlQK6JrG7vIwJl4jndQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Jon Willing has published a list of route number changes. Too much to list which I am attaching the link to the tweet below.

Final comments:

I will admit, I thought the Route 1 would be renamed route 10 to coincide with route 11 (old route 2). Though Route 4 and 5 still exist (I thought they would also renumber those routes too). Start with Route 10 and moving forward, but I guess it would be a bit complex having to renumber and having space for that too.

Still a few more service changes (Fall, Winter and possibly Spring 2018) before the remaining route numbers are renumbered to better reflect the Confederation line. 

Most likely saving the big one for last with the 95. Because it is a crosstown route, they want to be careful on how they spilt the demand from one route into two routes adding that extra transfer on some trips along with the 24/7 service levels. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GTAmissions1 said:

Jon Willing has published a list of route number changes. Too much to list which I am attaching the link to the tweet below.

Final comments:

I will admit, I thought the Route 1 would be renamed route 10 to coincide with route 11 (old route 2). Though Route 4 and 5 still exist (I thought they would also renumber those routes too). Start with Route 10 and moving forward, but I guess it would be a bit complex having to renumber and having space for that too.

Still a few more service changes (Fall, Winter and possibly Spring 2018) before the remaining route numbers are renumbered to better reflect the Confederation line. 

Most likely saving the big one for last with the 95. Because it is a crosstown route, they want to be careful on how they spilt the demand from one route into two routes adding that extra transfer on some trips along with the 24/7 service levels. 

The proposal when LRT commences was that the current Route 1 (to be renumbered 6 now for some reason) would be split into two, Rockliffe - Rideau (10) and Rideau - South Keys (11), that would obviously will change as the 2 has been renumbered 11.

I have heard, however, that the initial proposed changes to Downtown core services could well be revised before LRT does start.

4 hours ago, GTAmissions1 said:

Jon Willing has published a list of route number changes. Too much to list which I am attaching the link to the tweet below:

[snip!]

Final comments:

Wikipedia has a list of the proposed route numbers available below, subject to change, of course:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OC_Transpo_routes#On_Track_2018

Based on this list and presentations made by the City from time to time, routes serving downtown Ottawa will be numbered from 5 to 19, skipping 13 and 15.  Because of this, I commented in another thread that route 5 will be the last remaining OC Transpo route to keep its OTC-era number once this round of route renumbering has been completed.

1 hour ago, MCIBUS said:

Why skip 15? :unsure: 

I can see 13 as its BAD LUCK!!  :blink:

Both numbers could well be used for any future services.

As I said above the proposals are not set in stone and I believe some councillors who represent the Downtown areas have expressed some concerns about the proposed changes to some routes, particularly the splitting of the 1 & 7.

2 hours ago, Centralsmt said:

Both numbers could well be used for any future services.

As I said above the proposals are not set in stone and I believe some councillors who represent the Downtown areas have expressed some concerns about the proposed changes to some routes, particularly the splitting of the 1 & 7.

It's funny, because the original proposal had every route being split in the core, except the 14. In my own experience, there is a significant amount of cross-town traffic on the 1 and 7. Perhaps there was feedback from said councillors regarding that. Same could be said about the old 2 though, but the 1 and 7 are not nearly as long as the 2 was.