STO and OC Transpo Routes

Cre47

11 hours ago, Centralsmt said:

Neither of which serve "Growth areas" Lowertown or Sandy Hill, in fact neither service serves Sandy Hill in any case, it is served by the 5 and 16.

That was for last year's budget. For next year those are the areas that will receive funding. 

The new OC Transpo system map is now available online: http://www.octranspo.com/images/files/systemmap/systemmap_dec.pdf

In addition, the new route numbers are starting to appear on bus stops.  I spotted a stop on Jeanne D'Arc at Youville in Orleans serving routes 30, 231and 131, in that order.  It wasn't a new stop; the flag was old and faded with the new route numbers stuck onto it.  The stop is currently served by routes 3031, 130, and 131.

For now, I'm guessing that all they're doing is sticking the new route stickers to the poles, and changing the paper schedules/route maps if those need to change. Although, my local stop has the labels for route 256 now, and the route maps, but the schedule posted is still the old route 66 schedule!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HB_1024 said:

For now, I'm guessing that all they're doing is sticking the new route stickers to the poles, and changing the paper schedules/route maps if those need to change. Although, my local stop has the labels for route 256 now, and the route maps, but the schedule posted is still the old route 66 schedule!

Kind of makes sense since there's many routes that have yet to change. Was surprised still to see the new numbers on the old flags. 

I suppose when they are ready to switch the last routes then they will put the new flags

On 2016-12-03 at 9:21 PM, HB_1024 said:

Seperate teams change the schedules and the Stop signs respectively. Don't ask why.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, 1overcosc said:

How long are the "Old X" signs supposed to stay on the destination signs? Until the spring booking?

In the Luminator there are 4 codes for Most Connextion routes (Some may have more). 

Ill use 268 for example.

268A Downtown, Old 68

268B Downtown

268C Kanata, Old 68

268D Kanata.

My Guess is that they will be there until 2018, it's just how long they are used for. 

• 1 month later...

Route 63 and 64 will only have off only/on request for all eastbound trips towards downtown at these stations:

• Lincoln Fields Station (Platform 2A) 
  • Dominion Station
  • Westboro Station 

Queensway Station will continue to be off only/on request on the eastbound trips. 

Westbound service will serve the three stations mentioned. 

This change takes effect this Thursday (February 2/17).

Source: http://www.octranspo.com/index.php/updates/news/180773

Final comments: 

Not sure what is the point of having off only/on request for three stations. Especially when the time saved is pretty minimal even with dwell time depending on passenger loads. Maybe a minute or two max depending on if all door boarding is used. 

Lincoln Fields is a major transfer point between local feeder routes and major rapid transit routes (91, 92, 94, 95, 96, 97). Having a lot more options available that is understandable.

Dominion and Westboro can easily be picked up by other routes. Though, not as route heavy as Lincoln Fields on trip generators. Just my comments on the situation. 

11 hours ago, GTAmissions1 said:

Final comments: 

Not sure what is the point of having off only/on request for three stations. Especially when the time saved is pretty minimal even with dwell time depending on passenger loads. Maybe a minute or two max depending on if all door boarding is used. 

Have you been through those stations during the morning rush? Skipping Lincoln Fields will save "a minute or two max" on its own.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

The new service changes are out now:

http://www.octranspo.com/ready4rail/new_spring_service_starting_april_23

Though, it is in the On Track 2018 section instead of the Routes and Maps section. 

As confirmed already, Route 96 will be changed to 61. Route 92 will be 62. Route 2 will be 11. 118 will be renamed 88. And some other items. I am not going to list all of them since it is a very long list. 

Final comments:

The start of route number changes along with reallocating higher capacity resources. Along with a new section that I recommend reading. Still going through the information for On Track 2018. New era for OC Transpo is coming up in almost a year. 

• Like 1

Looking thru that web site and section "New Vehicles"Showing the LRT seats? I didn't get a chance to see the mock up when it was at Lansdown, but the look uncomfortable? I'm  just wondering why they didn't decide yo  put seats like they have on the DD/D60LFRs or like they have on the O0-Train?

13 hours ago, GTAmissions1 said:

For Routes 2 (renumber to Route 11), 12, 94, and 95: you'll note on the web page the phrase "larger buses" be used - that is a code word for double decker bus being assigned to some trips on those routes on weekends. There will be 25 double decker runs on the weekends. 

• Like 1

Not important but something that looked curious to me is that some local routes have a grey box infill and other while infill. 

56 is white while the 50 is grey. Can't find the explanation. Unless as we are in transition it's still the current part of the day service versus 7 day service. 

Exciting times ahead and glad they are putting those double deckers to good use on the weekend we can certainly use them. 

2 hours ago, chimo said:

56 is white while the 50 is grey. Can't find the explanation. Unless as we are in transition it's still the current part of the day service versus 7 day service. 

Local routes offer customized routing and schedules, to serve destinations that are not on a Rapid or Frequent route.

Local routes are presented in grey rectangles on maps and signs 

Routes that connect to the Confederation Line are numbered below 100; routes that do not connect will be numbered 100-199.In 2018, 41 Local routes will connect directly to the Confederation Line.

44 Local routes offer all day service and 25 operate at limited times, such as weekday rush-hours only

Many current local routes will be extended from their community to connect directly to the Confederation Line

http://www.octranspo.com/ready4rail/new_types_of_bus_service

This is the closest thing I can find to explaining the difference between grey and white boxes.

3 hours ago, chimo said:

Not important but something that looked curious to me is that some local routes have a grey box infill and other while infill. 

Exciting times ahead and glad they are putting those double deckers to good use on the weekend we can certainly use them. 

It's full service versus limited/peak-only service.

On 2017-03-18 at 10:40 AM, CyrusKafaiWu said:

Oh my god! This webpage, my eyes! No accessibility, no mobile standards, black on red colours, what's going on!!! Header that sticks that's 1/5 of the page.

The "new" website has been removed. On Reddit, OCTranspo says the page with the route changes should come back tomorrow or mid-week, so it might look different then.