Today's Sightings

That's almost everything from SL garage, and few extras from other places.

The shocking ones are LA's 13-098, SD's 15-020, 15-089 and 127. I've seen 15-020 many times on the 165 and it wasn't bad at all.

yodely.jpg

Maybe they'll be returning it back to St-Denis, and that's why they didn't keep it at St-Laurent, because I remember it was rebuilt not too long ago, and it still looks great!

I've seen 15-020 on the 161 and 165 / 535 several times over the years. 15-089 has been a mainstay on routes like the 103 and 162. Same goes for 15-053, and the 16s that were mentioned. 18-045 doesn't suprise me, though. When riding this bus on the 162 several years ago, something went wrong with it; I forget what. I think had something to do with the back door not working properly or something.

You wanna hear something crazy? I had a crazy dream earlier this week where I went to this parking lot, and the first bus I saw was 16-120. I swear, I am not making this up. And now that you've mentioned it's actually there, I think that my dreams can predict the future or something! Weird!

Yeah alright anyways,

0811 and 0812 of STL heading to Cote-Vertu at the same time, so was brand spanking new 28-009 on the 121, all at 7:48 am.

28-017 brand spanking new on the 121 as well at 8:07 am.

22-255 blue lights buddy on the 68 at 9 am.

22-339 blue lights buddy on the 121 45 mins later.

27-021 is unwrapped for the Biobus project unfortunately and was seen on Day 1 of 515 service.

14-097 has a big honking Biobus sticker on top of the rear Luminator... shudder...

For my first full day of bus fanning (assisted by SMS):

STM 59-016 @ Cote-Vertu on 174 @ 08:25

STM 16-149 @ Cote-Vertu on 268 @ 08:35 <-- The first one scheduled for 08:05 never showed up!

STM 17-121, 27-021, 13-069, 26-076 all along the 515 route between 10:30 and 11:45

STM 15-096 @ Rene-Levesque and Univertsity on 420 (NDG) @ 13:00

STM 17-149 on Rene-Levesque on the 515

CITSO 847 (Classic) @ Angrignon on 32 Chateauguay @ 15:00

CITSO 715 (Motorcoach) @ Newman / Angrignon (Hors Service) @ 15:02

STM 22-232 @ Newman / Angrignon on 106 @ 15:02

STM 12-080 @ Newman / Dollard on 106 @ 15:06

CITSO 716 (Motorcoach) @ Newman / Dollard on 1 (Valleyfield) @ 15:06

CITSO 707 (Old Style Motorcoach) on route 21 (time and location not noted)

CITSO 706 (Old Style Motorcoach) in Khanawake (Hord Service) @ 15:15

CITSO 708 (Old Style Motorcoach) in Chateauguay on route 28 (from TCV) @ 16:25

CITSO 709 (Prevost LeMirage XL) @ Angrignon on 24 Chateauguay @ 16:39

CITSO 859 (Nova LFS) @ Angrignon arriving as 31 and departing as 27 @ 16:40/16:47

CITSO 851 (Classic) @ Angrignon on route 22 @ 16:40

CITHSL 336 (MCI ?) @ Angrignon on route 1 (Huntingdon) @ 16:44

Oh and we also saw ex-STCUM 33-003 (GMC New Look) in the Zellers Parking Lot in Chateauguay with driver Maxime Boulianne taking in out for a spin, he said it should be ready for charter service in the fall!

STCUM_33_003.jpg

Some notes to the above sightings:

Alex and I got on the first ever 268TB leaving Terminus Cote-Vertu, no patronage until we got to the West Island, and no AM WB service into Roxboro-Pierrefonds loop. The stop of the 268TB is with the 17 and 380 and is cunningly hidden from the 64 stop so that people won't connect one and one together. This is unfortunate. The good this is that the bus does the old 64 routing to get to Grenet just like in the days before Terminus-Cote-Vertu.

The 420 is not very popular midday just yet... I foresee the STM cutting all these midday bonus buses to service every 30 mins. Meanwhile they should add buses to the constant overcrowded routes... you decide... I'll just mention 139 and 165 for example.

12-080 is recently repainted and looks like it left the plant at St-Eustache... really a magnificent job... and I don't like to post about recent rebuilds or repaints!

A lot of the new service seen from today is reflected on the bus stops with stickers covering heures de pointe, one will now mostly see Lundi au vendredi.

Really the best sighting for us was 33-003. Neither of us have seen this bus in person. And Maxime was very nice to us. Too bad a certain employee of the Zellers in Chateauguay was not there to see it... yalalalala

June 24, 2008

There's was a party for Saint-Jean Baptiste day at Parc de la Cité in Saint-Hubert and when this all ended hundreds of people were wainting for buses. RTL had planned this and sent many Classic and Artics

9-519 & C9-505 were Extras on the 19

P9-406 did an Extra on the 42

20103, 20110 & 20601 were on the Express shuttle between Parc de la Cité and Longueuil metro station

P9-408, C9-501, C9-504, P9-928 & 20837 did Extras on the 8

As for me, drove C20114 on the 42 and on the Express shuttle. It was the first time I've ever seen an artic on the 42 and I was driving it. :rolleyes:

20601, another artic made a trip on the 8, another non-artic route.

Here's a couple of strange sightings.

24-243 parked on De La Commune St. at the Old Port. It was empty, and the display was set to Special. Apparently, some day camp had chartered it, as I saw the driver playing with the kids nearby :( !

Minutes later, I saw 12-046 across from the Montreal Science Centre. Its display was set to Hors Service. My brother and I joked that the driver wanted to drive it off the quay and into the St. Lawrence!

As for the 515, which my brother and I rode today - we went to hang out at the Old Port - 16-020, 18-003, 18-007, and 27-024 (the Eaton Centre wrap bus) were on the 515 today. Of course, there is a possiblity that there were more, but those were the buses that we saw.

Minutes later, I saw 12-046 across from the Montreal Science Centre. Its display was set to Hors Service. My brother and I joked that the driver wanted to drive if off the quay and into the St. Lawrence!

Hey, that would make a great video on YouTube! :(

Next time, why not wait your chance to jump on board and send into the drink with a nice big "kersplash"!

That reminds me: recently I caught the end of some TV report or promo for some movie that showed a New Look being driven right off a pier into the water somewhere!

Minutes later, I saw 12-046 across from the Montreal Science Centre. Its display was set to Hors Service. My brother and I joked that the driver wanted to drive if off the quay and into the St. Lawrence!

Hey, that would make a great video on YouTube! :(

Next time, why not wait your chance to jump on board and send into the drink with a nice big "kersplash"!

That reminds me: recently I caught the end of some TV report or promo for some movie that showed a New Look being driven right off a pier into the water somewhere!

Ha! Yeah, I'd love to see something like that happen. Not sure I'd like to get on board though. I like to swim, but I think there are much better places that one can swim :P !

Speaking of 12-series buses, 12-083 was on the 161 today. I think it looks like it has recently been rebuilt, although I could be wrong about that. It looks and sounds great, regardless.

Hey, that would make a great video on YouTube! :unsure:

We do not tell busfans to commit theft and vandalism here. This isn't amusing or fun for the real world. And don't give me that "oh its just a joke lighten up" crap either. We don't buy it nor we ever will. Don't quote this post, don't reply back. Your efforts will be useless if you do.

Now back to actually talking about transit...SIGHTINGS...not cutscenes from movies...

Ha! Yeah, I'd love to see something like that happen. Not sure I'd like to get on board though. I like to swim, but I think there are much better places that one can swim :D !

Speaking of 12-series buses, 12-083 was on the 161 today. I think it looks like it has recently been rebuilt, although I could be wrong about that. It looks and sounds great, regardless.

That bus was repainted last summer.

--

Mont Royal's 15-125 was Hors-Service on Pie-IX at 5am!

12-082 was the 2nd departure of the day at 5h38 on the 47. Got on it!

14-020 was accross the street as the 27.

St. Laurent's 15-130 was parked at Laurier this morning. WTF?

14-108 did the 460X short turn at Cremazie this morning.

12-087 was on the 146 this morning.

15-054 was on the 460 this morning.

12-022 was on the 17 this morning.

18-069 was on the 117.

14-014 was on the 460 this afternoon. Got on it.

13-097 was on the 54 this afternoon.

Ahh nothing like some early morning fanning there... I approve!

Also the 515s are still displaying R-BUS meaning that hopefully the 505 isn't all EXPRESS yet meaning that Frontenac didn't change their signs yet... good news for destination sign fans!

We do not tell busfans to commit theft and vandalism here. This isn't amusing or fun for the real world. Don't quote this post, don't reply back.

Um...kindly don't tell me what to do, and quit trying to throw your weight around.

My opinions about vandalism are well known in this forum, therefore I do not need your lectures, my dear lad. :unsure:

I could so easily scan the back pages of this site to find "controversial" posts that you have made, but I have better things to do.

Time to move on.

Ahh nothing like some early morning fanning there... I approve!

Also the 515s are still displaying R-BUS meaning that hopefully the 505 isn't all EXPRESS yet meaning that Frontenac didn't change their signs yet... good news for destination sign fans!

I was not really fanning, I had to go get something and in order to get it I had to take an early bus...REALLY EARLY bus! But I love it that the first Classic for the 47 of the day was ex-Legendre 12-082! :P

--

13-076 was doing the 161 today. Got on it.

13-048 was doing the 470 this afternoon.

13-003 was also doing the 470 with no website on the back. Some stupid girl walked into my shot.. :P

14-080 was doing the 268 at Cote Vertu Metro. Feels weird to say that...

14-143 was doing the 470 too with no website on the back.

13-014 was doing the 72 today.

15-065 was doing the 121 this afternoon.

14-043 was on the 460, got on it.

Judging by these pics, they were obviously towed to this site and were not driven under their own power. I am saying that by just looking at the destination exposures which remain unchanged from the way they were at Garage St. Laurent.

I was there as well, although kellergraham's pictures are far better than my own. I'm convinced that not all of those buses at St. Laurent buses. 15-053, 086, and 089 are buses I used to see on LaSalle routes like the 103 and 162 frequently. I may have even ridden them at one point or another, since the 162 is a bus that I use a lot.

16-137 was in the worst shape of all, which means it's on its way to Bus Heaven (or Hell). What the heck caused all of that damage, anyway? Was it in a massive accident or something? Does anyone know?

I thought 59-035 was still active, but I guess if it's on the Stinson lot, it must not be. Either that, or it's awaiting its fate. Hopefully they don't retire it, as if they do, 59-016 might be the only 59 left, unless 59-005 ever resurfaces.

18-045 doesn't surprise me, as when I rode it on the 162 several years ago, there was some kind of problem with it. And when I first found out about this lot, I had a dream that night where I went to the lot, and LaSalle's 16-120 was the first bus I saw there. Sure enough, when I went to the lot to do my own photshoot, lo and behold, there it was! Freaky!

In other sighting news, 24-248 and 25-230 were on the 162 all day today. I have a 162 stop right outside my house, and the 162 goes by every half-hour.

I thought 59-035 was still active, but I guess if it's on the Stinson lot, it must not be. Either that, or it's awaiting its fate. Hopefully they don't retire it, as if they do, 59-016 might be the only 59 left, unless 59-005 ever resurfaces.

Is it me or does 59-035 have no more license plate on it in the picture of it on the lot?

Today was the day to fan the 515!!!!!!! OMG, I can sum it all up in 2 words...booya baby!!! Let just say that there was back to back to back wrap action on the 515 Vieux-Montreal/Vieux Port Ouest. Check this out:

- 26-078 with full wrap for Musee des beaux Arts Yves St Laurent (all black wrap with the word Love in pink all over)

- 27-022 with full wrap for Mont-Tremblant (different vacation scenes all over)

- 27-024 with full wrap for Districtmontreal.com (one side is white and the other side is pink for the Eaton Centre)

WOW, all these 3 buses were one after the other! Great day!