Today's Sightings

18-080 was doing the 161.

12-049 was doing the 139 tonight.

14-174 was doing the 460 this morning.

St. Denis's 14-027 was doing the 214.

Palindrome 14-141 was doing the 72.

16-038 was doing the 506 with the oval. The front end numbers for this bus is the same font as the original exterior Classic number font!

St. Denis's 14-160 was doing the 506.

St. Laurent's 13-042 was doing a route at Angrignon this afternoon. The front 3 in 13 is missing.

12-034, 12-062 and 12-079 were doing the 506 too. 12-079 is the only one that came back as the 106.

14-094 was doing the 106.

St. Laurent's 14-033 was doing the 110 or 113 or as 110X/113X.

St. Denis's 18-030 was doing the 113.

Finally saw the D35HF! It's numbered 109 and I saw it at the corner of Rene-Levesque and Bishop as I was waiting for the 535 during PM rush. It was crushloaded... I find it to be an ugly bus, I don't think New Flyer's buses got attractive for me until they built low floors.

It is UGLY, i totally agree with u there. I wouldnt even have taken a photo of it for fear of the glass breaking on my camera!

And people want the STM to order these type of buses?? Even with a blue stripe around it it wouldnt solve much.

IF they order Newflyer it better be an Invero or nothing.... Let Concordia have this ugly bus.

This bus in no CLASSIC!! That's for sure!! And ppl call a CLASSIC a basic looking bus?? HA! At least it looks damn good!

-----------

This was post number 110 Centrale signing out

It is UGLY, i totally agree with u there. I wouldnt even have taken a photo of it for fear of the glass breaking on my camera!

And people want the STM to order these type of buses?? Even with a blue stripe around it it wouldnt solve much.

IF they order Newflyer it better be an Invero or nothing.... Let Concordia have this ugly bus.

This bus in no CLASSIC!! That's for sure!! And ppl call a CLASSIC a basic looking bus?? HA! At least it looks damn good!

You guys are so used to Classics. <_< I do like the D35 and D40 look and it was a solid build ride too.

What interesting part is they changed the window frame from aluminum to painted black, yuck! So much for ex-AC Transit bus and cramming a smaller bus too.

-----------

This was post number 110 Centrale signing out

The D35 doesn't compaire at all to the D40LF or D40LFR. I don't know why your saying people want that type of bus. Its not the same type of bus at all.

12-056 was doing the 139.

Recently repainted possibly rebuilt 14-046 was doing the 139 tonight. It has repainted front and back and a new bumper, which is one with the Biodiesel lettering. Haven't seen this one since like May 2006.

Anjou's 22-217 was doing the 139 today.

26-053 was doing the 141. It took off fast! ;)

18-082 was doing the 161.

15-021 was doing the 161 too. The left side ad rack is shorter than other Classic side ad racks still.

Ex-accident victim 22-389 was doing the 93. Pretty squeaky bus... ;)

26-063 was on the EB 460 during AM rush. Anjou extra on a major Legendre line.

Frontenac extra 13-038 as well as 24-247 were on the 24, and I forgot to mention that 24-242 was on the 24 yesterday as well. Now we see which buses, in particular LFS, are frequent runners on the downtown Sherbrooke bus line!

Got on 15-079 on the 15 today, it's been a while since I got a Classic on the 15.

Anjou's 22-240 was doing the 66 this morning, got on it. Lately I've been taking the 66 and the 7:50am depature out of Guy, and never has it been a Classic! And most of the other buses doing that route is either a 16 or a 22 series. And not a single Classic.

22-222 was at Atwater, parked there at 4:30pm.

26-020 was doing the 17 this aft.

Now for some Metro sightings:

There was a MR-63 on the orange line today! Got on it! The first time it was at Villa, it was crushloaded, while leaving it stopped several times due to some idiot pulling the brakes. Then as we got going everything smoothed out. Got it later again at Du College, this time much less people. The ride from Du College to L-G was pretty smooth. Then when I got to L-G I ran from the orange line MR-63 to the Green line one. Never thought I would ever do that!! One thing that stands out from that ride was when leaving Vendome, it felt like leaving Atwater, the train hesitated but sped up when entering the partioned tunnel. BTW the MR-63's rollsigns were exposed, Henri-Bourassa was being displayed but the lights behind them weren't turned on. SO they had a pancarte infront of the dash.

Everywhere I looked today I saw a 13-XXX !

13-061 was on the 33. The front is horrible. It's full of rust ! An ugly sight. Hopefully they will rebuild the front of this bus.

Also saw Anjou's 14-009 doing the 18 around 18:20.

13-062 is like that too unfortunately. :D

Anjou's 22-240 was doing the 66 this morning, got on it.

Do you remember if that bus had a new farebox or not?

26-020 was doing the 17 this aft.

Still doing it tonight.

--

Recently repainted 14-046 was Hors-Service on Pie-IX today. Lookin' nice!

17-161 was doing the 161 with LED lighting.

18-084 was doing the 161, got on it.

15-075 was doing the 161.

Frontenac's 22-352 was doing the 161 today. It could have been 22-362,..

13-057 was doing the 141 today.

Legendre's 12-090 was operating this PM rush on 177 Thimens of Saint-Laurent. Sad.

Not much of a sighting but I thoroughly enjoyed my last outbound run of the 216 with 13-012. More often that not it's a Classic. More often than not it is 2/3 empty. Compared with usually a crushloaded LFS on the 214... I choose the 216!!! :D

21-204 was doing the 66 this afternoon

That belongs to Anjou.

--

Mont Royal's 22-280 was doing the 139.

22-355 and 22-357 was doing the 139.

17-152's ramp actually works! It is a miracle, hallejuah! :o:P

Brand new 26-062 was in downtown for Car-free day.

15-138 was doing the 165.

80-041's Jeumont set was in service today on the Green during rush hour.

12-032 was doing the 37X at Angrignon Metro.

12-079 was parked at Angrignon as Hors-Service.

12-059 was doing the 113.

12-036 was doing the 190.

Recently repainted possibly rebuilt 15-090 was parked at Jolicoeur Metro today.

Mont Royal's 15-003 on the 460!

14-078 was doing the 128

14-077 was doing the 64. The back still has those mismatched size numbers lol...

Met Pyerre by chance today aboard 18-066. Glad to see him once again. :P

Met Pyerre by chance today aboard 18-066. Glad to see him once again. :P

I wonder if the feeling was mutual...

I got on 81-583 right after leaving you guys at Place-des-Arts, so that was well worth me missing a metro for it. One can hear the distinctive notes over loud earbuds. Amazing!

Other interesting late evening bus sightings tonight include Anjou's 24-222 (still with Duo Crapineau on the sides) on the 64, LaSalle's 22-406 on the 164, and 16-177 parked at Garage Saint-Laurent with its ass in the air because I guess the front suspension air bags are not functioning properly. It looks ridiculous.

You think 17-170 is bad. Try any bus in the 17-00x lineage. Comparatively, these are the worst offenders I have ever seen and heard and had the displeasure to ride. For me the worst of the worst are those horribly loud C 8.3 engines, and the suburban seating.

You think 17-170 is bad. Try any bus in the 17-00x lineage. Comparatively, these are the worst offenders I have ever seen and heard and had the displeasure to ride. For me the worst of the worst are those horribly loud C 8.3 engines, and the suburban seating.

Regarding the seating: actually, I find the newer LFS 26-XXX models have harder seats than earlier ones. There's virtually no padding whatsoever.

Sure, the "flowery" pattern may be more pleasant to the eye, but my eyes don't sit! :P

Don't know who's decision it was to use those loud engines on the 17-XXX models. I guess they just wanted to try out different types to see which was more durable in a four-season climate. Can't they muffle them somehow?

It would be ironic if the louder engines eventually turned out to last longer. :P

For those who missed it: yesterday's downtown "no-car day" had two busses on display. The 26-062 and a south shore Van Hool. I didn't see that many people climbing aboard, though.

Still, it was cool to walk on turf and the newly-revealed, re-vamped church east of The Bay really adds a welcome ambience to the district.

Finally, I laughed at the complaining drivers on the news who didn't like the blocked streets. Leave your polluting sh1t-box at home, dummy! :o

Some TTC seats are even worse, especially on the majority of Fishbowls and all of their D901s. Even worse than our 25 series + (and 22-289). The problem with the first generations is the fact that suburban seating is on several buses and it's hard to ascertain (more 17s than 16s I believe, but no 18s? please confirm). Also with the terrible engines, I find them more on 17s than 16s, but again less so on the 18s prior to 18-073 (18-072 may be an offender as well).

No seats were more uncomfortable in the STM's/ STCUM's history than the total fibreglass seats that were on certain 55 and 56 series GM Classics. Apparently many were removed because so many ppl complained about them but i remember that lasalle garage still always had a couple of them till the very end. Im not talking about fibreglass and slight padding im talking total fibreglass and no padding whatsoever, simply darker blue paint painted where the padding should be... Basically like those grey or white/yellow/orange total fibreglass benches that many MTA New York City subway cars had and still have. And not like our MR 63s either, i believe its more thicker/harder and not comformed properly for comfort and i dont think it has the dent for ur spine like our MR 63s and now newly renovated MR 73s do.

St. Laurent's 24-215 was doing the 93 today.

13-053 was doing the 141 behind 13-065. 13-065 still has the old farebox! Isn't Anjou supposed to be done by now?! :P

26-066 was doing the 179. Still looking shiny! I wonder where 26-067 is...

22-350 was doing the 15 today.

Frontenac's 17-053 was doing the 129.

Legendre's 17-022 was doing the 80.

15-004 was doing the 139 tonight.

No seats were more uncomfortable in the STM's/ STCUM's history than the total fibreglass seats that were on certain 55 and 56 series GM Classics. Apparently many were removed because so many ppl complained about them but i remember that lasalle garage still always had a couple of them till the very end. Im not talking about fibreglass and slight padding im talking total fibreglass and no padding whatsoever, simply darker blue paint painted where the padding should be... Basically like those grey or white/yellow/orange total fibreglass benches that many MTA New York City subway cars had and still have. And not like our MR 63s either, i believe its more thicker/harder and not comformed properly for comfort and i dont think it has the dent for ur spine like our MR 63s and now newly renovated MR 73s do.

Well, unfortunatly Montreal people do cut the padded vinyl seats, which leads the mechanics have to replace a new insert.