Today's Sightings

Yesterday:

30-068 was on the 164. Since the start of the Fall board period, many MR 30-0XX have been at Saint-Laurent. Perhaps the mileage of those buses are so low they have to go to Saint-Laurent to rack up mileage (especially since the routes are longer and there are all-day runs).

Ex-SL/AN/SD 28-095 was on the 225 on the Legendre extra!

Some 37-xxx skipped my stop this morning, too full like always. Squeezed on 29-802 which still left people behind... and the driver told me she has a *lighter* load than usual. Yeah, so looks like in normal circumstances I would have seen her driving past my stop without stopping too.

Spotted a Flyer on the 171 this morning. Wow I wasn't expecting to see one back on the road already ?

Came out of CV this evening to see a humongous lineup at the 171 stop, for 31-189. Of course I didn't take it ?.

12 hours ago, Frozen Yogurt said:

Some 37-xxx skipped my stop this morning, too full like always. Squeezed on 29-802 which still left people behind... and the driver told me she has a *lighter* load than usual. Yeah, so looks like in normal circumstances I would have seen her driving past my stop without stopping too.

Spotted a Flyer on the 171 this morning. Wow I wasn't expecting to see one back on the road already ?

Came out of CV this evening to see a humongous lineup at the 171 stop, for 31-189. Of course I didn't take it ?.

The New Flyers are a real mess... or waste right now.  They hit the road only in the A.M rush hour and at the most, only 5 of them.

According to what I've heard, in theory, a dysfunctional front sign would require a change-off, as the Police 9-1-1 message would not be able to show properly in case of emergency. A broken side sign on the other hand doesn't matter. In any case, I sometimes see buses (artics especially) with broken front signs.

Got 29-802 this evening!

A handful of less important RTC sightings over the last week or so:

- L0601, the oldest bus in the fleet, was on an Express (273?) on October 5th.

- Another Artic was retrofitted with rigid seats: 1267.

- There was an accessibility violation on Métrobus 803, as a L08xx (I almost immediately forgot which one as I was noting it) was doing a rush hour run on the 6th.

- There's still a lot of 40-footers on Métrobus 800, 801 and 804. Those buses have a sheet of paper in the front saying they were loaned to Centre Métrobus by des Rocailles.

- L1001, the first RTC hybrid, saw service again, as I didn't see it on the road for a good while.

- Some 2016 40-footers are getting limited to rush hour service, including L1601, L1602 and L1608.

- 1662 still had its full wrap as of October 6th.

A5AA5255-30EA-4CCB-8366-98A6A2A722BB.jpeg