Today's Sightings

2 hours ago, Frozen Yogurt said:

The 121/171 are hardly usable these days. On Thursday, I had to watch 3 full buses leaving in front of my eyes: 30-243, 32-804 and 31-823. Managed to squeeze onto 28-006 from the back door - as the last person being able to do so. Many people are left to wait at the stop. Arriving at Côte-Vertu, the lineup for the 171 was so long it was stretching into the 121 lineup. 

This morning, 31-226 drove right past us without stopping, full to the max again - the driver actually changed the destination to En Transit. I was luckier and got on 32-809, again barely able to get on (the door had trouble closing behind my bums). Again, tons of people left on the curb throughout the trip. The driver appreciated me writing complaints, and told me he has to radio in to report overcrowding on a daily basis, as instructed to do so.

That's sadly unfortunate to hear, the only thing i can say is that for STM drivers, early september is the worst time of the year for bus drivers. You get all the traffic coming back, loads of new transit riders that we not there before, people trying to adjust their schedule with traffic / loads / time they want to arrive at destination.

If you want your concern to be heard loud and clear and fast ... there is always the STM board meetings

• Like 1

On 9/7/2022 at 12:38 AM, eclair14 said:

That's sadly unfortunate to hear, the only thing i can say is that for STM drivers, early september is the worst time of the year for bus drivers. You get all the traffic coming back, loads of new transit riders that we not there before, people trying to adjust their schedule with traffic / loads / time they want to arrive at destination.

If you want your concern to be heard loud and clear and fast ... there is always the STM board meetings

Some random blah blah, question is dished off, no admission of fault, it's trivial issue. Nobody seems to care. Regular passengers (going to work and other important stuff - not "on peut pas aller à nos loisirs!11!1!1!" for God's sake) don't score them enough points on media I guess.

I can't believe it. Just one more reason to make me losing faith in Montréal. This city has gone downhill so much over the years.

30-803 managed to load 1/8 of passengers piling up at my stop this morning. 40-172 skipped everyone; barely squeezed on 29-825 to see many others left at all the stops like usual. If they were really sincere to offer the service they wouldn't cut so much to begin with... trying to get away not offering enough service thinking nobody would complain or notice - nope.

22 hours ago, Frozen Yogurt said:

Some random blah blah, question is dished off, no admission of fault, it's trivial issue. Nobody seems to care. Regular passengers (going to work and other important stuff - not "on peut pas aller à nos loisirs!11!1!1!" for God's sake) don't score them enough points on media I guess.

I can't believe it. Just one more reason to make me losing faith in Montréal. This city has gone downhill so much over the years.

30-803 managed to load 1/8 of passengers piling up at my stop this morning. 40-172 skipped everyone; barely squeezed on 29-825 to see many others left at all the stops like usual. If they were really sincere to offer the service they wouldn't cut so much to begin with... trying to get away not offering enough service thinking nobody would complain or notice - nope.

Get the media involved and watch how fast things change.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bus_Dealership said:

More images of the crash

The driver of the bus who slept suffered no injuries while a passenger who was in the bus suffered only minor injuries

Whats for sure is that the driver can say goodbye to his STM job.

306096785_3215853802000592_7348245324466242984_n.jpg

306388533_125426906916805_1623662375434089427_n.jpg

What makes you think the driver will lose his job, the union is there to protect him/her. Accidents happen to everyone, you do not know the story of why the driver fell asleep. Could of been a result of a medical issue, maybe the driver is not used to working nights and was forced onto a night shift because that was all that was left to book.

There have been far worse accidents that have happened that did not get media attention and those drivers are still employed, so don't assume before the investigation is over.

• Like 3

No news of the Flyers yet, seems like. At least, I haven't seen any around Côte-Vertu yet. Big lol to host those in a garage that can't properly take care of anything.

Ended up on 30-871 and 31-083 yesterday - both are slow and extremely brusque in their acceleration and deceleration, and made the drivers look like amateurs (which I'm sure they're not). Always those pesky ISL9s.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Frozen Yogurt said:

No news of the Flyers yet, seems like. At least, I haven't seen any around Côte-Vertu yet. Big lol to host those in a garage that can't properly take care of anything.

Ended up on 30-871 and 31-083 yesterday - both are slow and extremely brusque in their acceleration and deceleration, and made the drivers look like amateurs (which I'm sure they're not). Always those pesky ISL9s.

I thought for sur they were to put the New Flyers in service today.  Last friday, for the first since they've been out of the road, they were moving some of them inside and outside the garage.  A lot of them was even on plug.  Maybe they find another problem🤷‍♂️

RTC sightings:

- There were a handful of 40-footers on Métrobus 800 and 801 as usual.

- Routes 74 and 84 recently became accessible to wheelchairs.

- I got on 2251. It was doing a Métrobus 800.

Bus 2251

st2251a.jpg

Edited by Odieville2
another 2251 angle

30-178 was on highway 520 heading towards Dorval. It did an interesting series of renforts: 777, 24, 711, and 202. In the past few days, this vehicle was running out of Mont-Royal.

27-519 and 40-232 were back to back on the 211-W. One of the buses was 20 minutes late.

Similarly, 27-533 and 28-088 were also back to back on the 211-W. Didn't check how late one of the vehicles was.

On 9/19/2022 at 7:46 PM, M106 said:

I thought for sur they were to put the New Flyers in service today.  Last friday, for the first since they've been out of the road, they were moving some of them inside and outside the garage.  A lot of them was even on plug.  Maybe they find another problem🤷‍♂️

I think you're right, still no news of those. I give up. At this rate, good luck to the stm for 2025.

Likewise, zero improvement on the 121/171 in the mornings; still routinely get skipped by full buses. On Friday it was 31-124 that skipped me, just barely managed to squeeze on some artic and still tons of passengers left on the curb daily.

Got 30-847 on Wednesday. The artic joint is also making tons of loud squeaking noises like 30-850 I took a while ago.

Just saw 29-023 on the 161, right side is an absolute wreck.

The ads were missing on the right side, both chevrons lost half of the decal, and overall it looks like it should've been retired.

40-221 took a detour on the 191 through Vinet

20220928_080640.jpg

2 hours ago, MontrealBusFan said:

Just saw 29-023 on the 161, right side is an absolute wreck.

The ads were missing on the right side, both chevrons lost half of the decal, and overall it looks like it should've been retired.

If anything the stupid goddamn 3rd gens need to be retired before 29-023. I'd rather have a missing chevron where you can see outside than stupid full blown chevron everywhere. Come take the 37 series here and I guarantee you can't see a thing through. Unfortunately, the 2nd gens are perceived as an embarrassment to the STM, so they want to get rid of their best low floors ASAP. RIP 27-509 :(

Caught 32-031 on Monday with banana lighting again. The pole near the rear door is severely bent out of shape like on 31-059. Idk what Stinson does to their buses.

Barely squeezed on 30-801 yesterday morning. I often see strollers squished against the windshield these days... I don't know if that's really what the STM claims is "happy" to see... got 30-850 in the afternoon, again very loud squeaking from the artic joint.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Frozen Yogurt said:

If anything the stupid goddamn 3rd gens need to be retired before 29-023. Unfortunately, the 2nd gens are perceived as an embarrassment to the STM

Agreed about the 3rd gen retirement, the STM really should’ve known the second 30-252 got completely fried

The 3rd gens are absolute mistakes, especially the ones out of Stinson. They should’ve gotten rid of 29-072 - 31-237 in the first place, and actually kept all the 2nd gens until the new electric/HEVs arrived.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, MontrealBusFan said:

Agreed about the 3rd gen retirement, the STM really should’ve known the second 30-252 got completely fried

The 3rd gens are absolute mistakes, especially the ones out of Stinson. They should’ve gotten rid of 29-072 - 31-237 in the first place, and actually kept all the 2nd gens until the new electric/HEVs arrived.

This is why i call the 3rd gen the 'prototype" for the 4th gen, cuz of how badly designed the 3rd is compared to the 4th gen, which is miles better than the SCRAP, i swear i get better service and better confort for a chinese bus than a 3rd gen scrap. Even the first gen LFS, with how bad these buses were mechanically, were better than the 3rd gen (i think the reason why the STM are retiring the 2nd gen lfs this early is because of how similar they are from the first gen). Even the 3rd gen from the stl, rtl and exo are very bad. I legit rather ride a vicinity than a 3rd gen lfs. MTA should've bought those bus later. Man I hate those models. Worst bus on the planet so far. No wonder people complains about confort in the stm. Even a bus from cuba is better than those scrap

and dont get me started with those stupid STM Shills that the stm is paying to defend them, saying that they cant retire the 3rd gen out of nowhere now and buy better buses because its """"""economically impossible""""" or """""""nooo the stm doesnt have that much money to retire and buy new buses"""""" these people need to have a brain no offense.

6 hours ago, Bus_Dealership said:

i think the reason why the STM are retiring the 2nd gen lfs this early is because of how similar they are from the first gen

Well, it really comes down to two reasons:

1) Those buses (except 29-001 to 071, of course) don't have a front ramp, and the stm receive too many complaints about it. While the complaints about accessibility are absolutely legit, when you think through it you realize most of the times the wheelchair users are stuck because the stm fails to train the drivers properly to deploy the ramps. At Stinson it's 100% front ramp, yet I never see any wheelchair user at all on both the 121 and 171 (but of course they won't manage to fit in the buses in rush hours anyway). The only time I saw a wheelchair attempting to board a Stinson bus (on the 128 a few weeks ago) the driver didn't know how to deploy the ramp. With a hybrid too... Other times the driver is professional but the ramp isn't in working order.

2) They don't have the ugly, childish mouvement collectif branding. That won't make the STM look good if a pic of a 2nd gen shows up on the newspapers eh... which is really the only thing the stm cares about.

===

Caught 31-124 on the 171 this morning. For the first time I managed to get on the first bus that showed up, I think it's because 1) the previous 171 was very behind schedule (31-189, which I saw leaving the stop right before 31-124 arrived) and 2) there was a disruption in the metro. Unfortunately though this one is incredibly jerky, worthy of Stinson!

Got 31-805 in the evening... also a very enjoyable ride. /s