Jump to content

Today's Sightings


Recommended Posts

Had 37-021 on the 171 on Friday. Very strange sound coming from the motor especially when decelerating. Later spotted 37-003 on the 128 which also still sounds as such. 

Took 37-076 on the 128 on Saturday. Smells of exhaust fume inside the bus.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Frozen Yogurt said:

Had 37-021 on the 171 on Friday. Very strange sound coming from the motor especially when decelerating. Later spotted 37-003 on the 128 which also still sounds as such. 

Took 37-076 on the 128 on Saturday. Smells of exhaust fume inside the bus.

 

A lot of the hybrid from Stinson (37-xxx because that's all they have except for the airport) got that strange sound from the motor. I wonder if it is common only in the 37-xxx or other hybrid from different CT?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, IamLegend said:

Spotted this mini bus being carried on highway 20 eastbound this morning.

 

Would anyone know if it's the STM that purchased it? They look like the 'midibus' they wanted to get a few years ago.

The STM received their four BYD midibuses in 2019, but has never used them... They are the same model as the ones currently operated by the RTL.

Transbus ordered 3 Vicinities last year for exo Sorel-Varennes. The new contract starting tomorrow requires that they no longer use minibuses as they have been on the St. Amable routes. That would be my guess as to what you saw.

https://ceo.ca/@accesswire/vicinity-motor-corp-receives-order-for-three-vicinittm

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/30/2022 at 3:21 PM, Gerbil said:

The STM received their four BYD midibuses in 2019, but has never used them... They are the same model as the ones currently operated by the RTL.

Transbus ordered 3 Vicinities last year for exo Sorel-Varennes. The new contract starting tomorrow requires that they no longer use minibuses as they have been on the St. Amable routes. That would be my guess as to what you saw.

https://ceo.ca/@accesswire/vicinity-motor-corp-receives-order-for-three-vicinittm

I wonder if the STM would get the EV version of the vicinity.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/28/2022 at 10:10 AM, M106 said:

A lot of the hybrid from Stinson (37-xxx because that's all they have except for the airport) got that strange sound from the motor. I wonder if it is common only in the 37-xxx or other hybrid from different CT?

I've only noticed it on 37 series, but which other hybrids I ever take lol (apart from a few 40 series at LS or SL from time to time, *if* I'm lucky not getting an ISL9).

37-003 is definitely one of the worst sounding ones, if anyone is interested in riding it 😅.

Some Flyer was on the 171 this morning (that one that's scheduled 13 minutes after the previous trip). I was thinking of taking it but then noticed 31-211 replaced it - so nope. Took 30-850 on the 121 instead - extremely loud squeaking was coming from the artic joint throughout the entire trip.

Wrapped 31-171 was on the 136.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40-916 was on the 171 this morning. One person managed to squeeze on it through the back door. I took 29-845 on the 121.

Just missed out a Flyer on the 171 by 2 minutes this afternoon, and the next 171 never showed up. Got on 29-838 on the 121, several minutes late and jam packed. Of course, someone decided to park in the middle of the 121 stop (right in front of the metro entrance) right as the 121 is arriving 🙄.

38-013 was on the 34 all day! Spotted wrapped 31-171 on the 136, that same run for the 3rd day in a row already. 31-166 was also on the 136 all day.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32-012 was on the 125 (renfort) on Thursday morning.

Saw 40-923 pulling out of Côte-Vertu as I came out of the metro yesterday (like always, it's the departure I just miss). I took 29-854 on the 121.

Took 31-001 on the 171 today; been told the A/C doesn't work. Two stop request buttons were broken as well. There's a high-pitched sound at the front when the bus accelerates.

Also spotted 37-041 broken down on Côte-Vertu.

stm_31001_broken_buttons.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...