Road test as we didn't get anything higher than 21413 still. Any differences seen or they look the same as the first batch of hybrids?

It was being delivered, it is now at Longueuil with 21421 and 21423.

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SMS

• Matt Demers

• stm_5307N

• M. David

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

39-902 pictured here at 8:15 this morning.

After a trip to Laval, 37-005 is even more ambitious now:

That leaves 24-251 and 24-252 as the only 24-XXX that have been at LS their whole service life. - Some photos of 40-001 courtesy of allroadmtl on the MdeM forum: https://www.flickr.com/

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

I drove 9-704 for the first time yesterday in PM rush, that's good.

Too bad I broke down on Highway 132 with passengers aboard, that's bad!

One of the supervisors, MTQ surveillance routière, and the SQ (allegedly, I never saw an officer) helped with the transfer of my stranded passengers to 20818 while the bus was shortly towed thereafter. The cause? Alternator issues - followed by the hot engine line and automatic shutdown (never fun when you're driving 90+ km/h in the left lane). The problem could have been alleviated by changing off at the metro, however there was no spare bus available. During all this, I was able to keep calm and address the passengers to inform them of the situation, who were pretty understanding. The vast majority of them came to the front to thank me once I finally brought them to their stop. This was pretty rewarding, not to mention a first for me as I don't recall having ever broke down on the expressway.

As an aside, I drove C2-0208 for the first time in AM rush for route 55, everybody seems to have gotten used to the fact that the Classics are gone and that they have to live with the LFS!

I drove 9-704 for the first time yesterday in PM rush, that's good.

Too bad I broke down on Highway 132 with passengers aboard, that's bad!

One of the supervisors, MTQ surveillance routière, and the SQ (allegedly, I never saw an officer) helped with the transfer of my stranded passengers to 20818 while the bus was shortly towed thereafter. The cause? Alternator issues - followed by the hot engine line and automatic shutdown (never fun when you're driving 90+ km/h in the left lane). The problem could have been alleviated by changing off at the metro, however there was no spare bus available. During all this, I was able to keep calm and address the passengers to inform them of the situation, who were pretty understanding. The vast majority of them came to the front to thank me once I finally brought them to their stop. This was pretty rewarding, not to mention a first for me as I don't recall having ever broke down on the expressway.

I broke down twice so far on the highway and both times with a 2000. Lucky for me I had no passengers both times.

Over the last two days, all the hybrids at St Hubert RTL division have pretty much been transferred to Longueuil division. There maybe one or two left at St Hubert but they won't remain for long as all the 2014's are assigned to GALO. I'm not sure at this point what was transferred from GALO to GASH to get the hybrids.

I was also made aware that only two 1996 LFS's remain active 9-617 and 9-625.

• 3 weeks later...

All these sightings are from Quebec City from today. The Classics listed below are like a confirmation they are still around, but the sad thing is 70% of the buses on the express routes (200 series) are LFS now. There was a Classic on a regular route too, the 37.

9439 on 239, got on it! It sounds like a New Look when it idles. :)

9524 on 238

Missing central seat in the back row?

If not, this bus is equipped with 6V92 engine with transversal displacement, as in the New Looks - hence the sound.

Dunno if it can be counted as a sighting, but I noticed today (March 5, 2015) that there is a little bit of the Namur garage that is still standing!!!

GarageNamur_20150305_095438.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

No worries, it didn't break down. It's just another way to go back to the factory, risk free. :)

Exactly, so it would have brokedown somewhere no matter what... Nova just didn't want to look bad as always and just towed it right away. Fail.

Exactly, so it would have brokedown somewhere no matter what... Nova just didn't want to look bad as always and just towed it right away. Fail.

LOL :P what a great way to get around the word "broke down"

let me try another way to go home in my ride, by calling CAA to tow it home, LOVELY!

Downtown Montreal to Nova Bus in St-Eustache is 40 km, which is way beyond the range of this electric.