Today's Sightings

RTC observations today, in chronological order:

- An unknown 16xx unit had a full wrap for Instacart (pictured below).

- L0706 is still active, it was doing a 57.

- 2032 is back following an accident where it slid into a wall in a snowstorm.

E27EFE22-C93B-46D2-8CD5-3A4A04DAC980.jpeg

4 hours ago, Odieville2 said:

Has anyone managed to spot RTC's new Artic (supposedly 2251) on the road yet? The wiki says it is active, but I wanna make sure it is before going on a photo hunt.

Someone posted a photo of it operating on the 804 in a Facebook group I'm a member of. So it should be in service.

RTC sightings:

- At least two 40 footers were on Métrobus 801: a 15xx hybrid (I think 1526?) and a 20xx-21xx unit (I was too far to see the unit number).

- 2020 has a side wrap for IÖGO (pictured below), it was waiting at Saint-Joseph/Caron on route 82. It is the first 20xx/21xx unit I spotted that had a wrap.

27A1B48D-C82E-4DFB-9399-2C1DDFDE3478.jpeg

Caught 31-188 on the 171 this morning. School hasn't restarted yet, but the 171 is already so full that people had to board by the rear door.

And it comes every 7-8 minutes (this is around 7am). I think we lost more than half of the service level in rush hours than pre-covid.

Transbus 1246 was loading on the 40 at Côte-Vertu. 1218 has been on the 40 for the last few days as well, but not tracking. I think they're planning to get rid of it soon.

Caught 30-880 yesterday afternoon. The 171 (Eastbound) scheduled a few minutes before my departure didn't show up, but wasn't indicated as cancelled - minutes later, I saw 31-054 heading west on Côte-Vertu going towards the metro, which is supposed to be that 171-E. I spotted the real 171-O (30-007) a couple of minutes later, completely full and running 13 minutes behind schedule. Hell. The traffic keeps getting worse than it has ever been, which brings the question of where did the STM ridership go. I think the answer is obvious.

31-190 on the 171 zoomed past my stop this morning, jam packed with people up to the windshield like usual. Several minutes later, 40-143 showed up on the 171SL (which I took). I was trying to take the 121 behind (29-822), but I saw people also standing up against the windshield, so the 171 was a safer bet.

30-020 (with the stupid luggage rack) was on the 171-E, which the STM has graciously reduced to every 17 minutes now, when it used to be every 10 minutes at that time of the day. Of course, also packed to the front door. Well good luck if you can't get in due to the annoying rack!

I needed to remind myself the high school students aren't back to school yet. It's a harbinger of a difficult half of the year I guess...

When I got off, I spotted a CO observing/coordinating things. Talked to him for a brief while, looks like overcrowding is routine and drivers always complain about it too, he told me 40-143 (my bus)'s driver called in to report he had to leave many passengers on the sidewalk along Henri-Bourassa... and in addition, the service level will still have to drop. I can't believe my ears.

Honestly, I'm getting sick and tired to be constantly dealing with overcrowding regardless of the time of the day. And on top of this, thank you stupid Stinson being so incredibly picky, refusing any loaners outright despite the fleet being entirely crap, with all the badly maintained 31 series trashcan. When I took the 51 earlier this week it was coming every 1-2 minutes, each bus on which I count only a handful of passengers. Something is wrong for sure.

Transbus 318 was on the 40.

• Thanks 1

On 8/30/2022 at 9:28 PM, Frozen Yogurt said:

31-190 on the 171 zoomed past my stop this morning, jam packed with people up to the windshield like usual. Several minutes later, 40-143 showed up on the 171SL (which I took). I was trying to take the 121 behind (29-822), but I saw people also standing up against the windshield, so the 171 was a safer bet.

30-020 (with the stupid luggage rack) was on the 171-E, which the STM has graciously reduced to every 17 minutes now, when it used to be every 10 minutes at that time of the day. Of course, also packed to the front door. Well good luck if you can't get in due to the annoying rack!

I needed to remind myself the high school students aren't back to school yet. It's a harbinger of a difficult half of the year I guess...

When I got off, I spotted a CO observing/coordinating things. Talked to him for a brief while, looks like overcrowding is routine and drivers always complain about it too, he told me 40-143 (my bus)'s driver called in to report he had to leave many passengers on the sidewalk along Henri-Bourassa... and in addition, the service level will still have to drop. I can't believe my ears.

Honestly, I'm getting sick and tired to be constantly dealing with overcrowding regardless of the time of the day. And on top of this, thank you stupid Stinson being so incredibly picky, refusing any loaners outright despite the fleet being entirely crap, with all the badly maintained 31 series trashcan. When I took the 51 earlier this week it was coming every 1-2 minutes, each bus on which I count only a handful of passengers. Something is wrong for sure.

Transbus 318 was on the 40.

This is one of the reason I opt for my car now. I can get to my destination 4-5x times faster than relying on transit.

RTC sightings:

- 1164 had a broken route display. It showed 801 going to "Terminus".

- Métrobus 802 still has a majority of 40-footers, with 1611, 2049 and another unknown unit on it.

- There is still a CTCUQ-era sign at Terminus Beauport, prohibiting the use of skateboards and bicycles unless you're not on them.

- 1671 also recieved a rigid seat retrofit. It's the second bus (after 1062) that I've seen with those new seats.

B428C49C-33FB-46C8-85B6-A77AE87CC5AD.jpeg

D7342922-99F8-4C30-8CE8-08264DA26C45.jpeg

1B21C212-7ADD-4E19-92F6-4CBA390D07E3.jpeg

B104E4F9-9FAB-44EA-BB0C-BE57D5E87F52.jpeg

2B55CEAA-8CE7-4EFD-9ED1-F67A9CD51A80.jpeg

Edited by Odieville2
more sightings

RTC sighting via my mother: an unknown 16xx Artic (or possibly 2251) has a full wrap for Collège Saint-Charles-Garnier.

As for my own sightings, it seemed as though there were as many 40 footers on Métrobus 801 as there were Artics.

8B473A0E-C0F9-41AE-A3EF-7C7EF3DC8CB0.jpeg

Edited by Odieville2
more sightings

The 121/171 are hardly usable these days. On Thursday, I had to watch 3 full buses leaving in front of my eyes: 30-243, 32-804 and 31-823. Managed to squeeze onto 28-006 from the back door - as the last person being able to do so. Many people are left to wait at the stop. Arriving at Côte-Vertu, the lineup for the 171 was so long it was stretching into the 121 lineup. 

This morning, 31-226 drove right past us without stopping, full to the max again - the driver actually changed the destination to En Transit. I was luckier and got on 32-809, again barely able to get on (the door had trouble closing behind my bums). Again, tons of people left on the curb throughout the trip. The driver appreciated me writing complaints, and told me he has to radio in to report overcrowding on a daily basis, as instructed to do so.

Things are getting worse. It'll be hell in January.

Spotted 28-110 on the 24 midday. Again, why can't Stinson have any of this...

I got 29-839 in the afternoon. There's a constant, very loud hissing noise in the front section (air leak somewhere?). Tons of lighting strips are burnt out as well, I count no less than 7. 31-212 was on the 171, full to the max as usual.

2 hours ago, Frozen Yogurt said:

The 121/171 are hardly usable these days. On Thursday, I had to watch 3 full buses leaving in front of my eyes: 30-243, 32-804 and 31-823. Managed to squeeze onto 28-006 from the back door - as the last person being able to do so. Many people are left to wait at the stop. Arriving at Côte-Vertu, the lineup for the 171 was so long it was stretching into the 121 lineup. 

This morning, 31-226 drove right past us without stopping, full to the max again - the driver actually changed the destination to En Transit. I was luckier and got on 32-809, again barely able to get on (the door had trouble closing behind my bums). Again, tons of people left on the curb throughout the trip. The driver appreciated me writing complaints, and told me he has to radio in to report overcrowding on a daily basis, as instructed to do so.

That's sadly unfortunate to hear, the only thing i can say is that for STM drivers, early september is the worst time of the year for bus drivers. You get all the traffic coming back, loads of new transit riders that we not there before, people trying to adjust their schedule with traffic / loads / time they want to arrive at destination.

If you want your concern to be heard loud and clear and fast ... there is always the STM board meetings

• Like 1