Today's Sightings

30-222 was on the 41. One of the best running 2010 LFS! :o

Frontenac's 26-027 was on the 161 this morning.

Anjou's 28-007 was on the 160 this morning. It has a rear ad rack from a Classic!

Mont Royal's 30-057 and LaSalle's 29-147 were on the 161 this afternoon. 

25-232 returned to service yesterday, inactive since last May. 25-240 returned to service last week, inactive since March 2019. And on Monday as I've already mentioned, 25-222 returned to service, inactive since January 2019. Nice to see all these 25s come back.

I took SN 37-050 on the 419 this afternoon.

3 hours ago, jge0364 said:

I took 28-100 on the 200 today. It no longer has the vapor class sensing rear doors anymore and has the push-bar doors now.

It had those doors for a while. 28-101 also has them.

--

27-004 was on the 188 this morning and is on the 355 tonight! 

25-211 was on the 161 again. St. Denis has become interesting again with the acquisition of all "rocket buses" from LaSalle and some from Mont Royal! :D

Stinson's 29-805 was on the 139 tonight.

• Thanks 1

2020-03-14

SD 26-014, AN 28-088, SN 28-115, and SD 29-061 were parked outside CT SL.

28-101 was also parked outside SL, still with the Vapor sensing rear doors. 

EDIT: Forgot to mention that 28-027 was being towed to CT SL.

2020-03-15

MR rocket 25-235 was on the 200 and their 30-071 was on the 211

Edited by West Island Transit Fan
Added sighting.

Saturday:

• 25-217 was on the 66 in the afternoon.

• 37-061 was on the 105 in the afternoon with a helvetica font rear fleet number.

Sunday:

• AN's 26-064 was on the 105 in the afternoon with a very large front exterior fleet number.

Yesterday:

• SD's 31-024 was on the 105 in the morning.

Today:

• SD's 28-090 was on the 105 this morning.

Does the STM really need 1425 buses for morning rush during the quarantine period? Most buses are empty; they could maybe take advantage of the situation and service more buses to avoid any shortage in the near future when the situation comes back to normal?

8 hours ago, IamLegend said:

Does the STM really need 1425 buses for morning rush during the quarantine period? Most buses are empty; they could maybe take advantage of the situation and service more buses to avoid any shortage in the near future when the situation comes back to normal?

The flip side to the argument is that less buses equals more people on the bus. Not the best idea when everyone should be actively pursuing social distancing.

Another important point is that there is a ''listes" (board period) that needs to be respected. We cannot drop everything and run a Sunday schedule 7 days a week. 

Suppose there are nurses that depend on getting to their hospitals via transit. We must continue to serve these vitally important people!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, SMS said:

The flip side to the argument is that less buses equals more people on the bus. Not the best idea when everyone should be actively pursuing social distancing.

Another important point is that there is a ''listes" (board period) that needs to be respected. We cannot drop everything and run a Sunday schedule 7 days a week. 

Suppose there are nurses that depend on getting to their hospitals via transit. We must continue to serve these vitally important 

Excellent points! Today, I just saw a petition to close down the metro and it already reached 5000 signatures. Maybe some people want a complete shutdown of the transit system which would be crazy!

OK let's think this one through. Shutting down the metro will require SPS meaning more people on potentially less buses! Not exactly a recipe for failure. Mayor Plante said in the media she will only shut down transit if told to do so from a higher governmental decree. I would tell those people who signed the petition just to stop using the metro and use parallel bus service on the surface. Just because you do not use it does not mean you get to deprive others from using it.

I appreciate your agreement. I work on the front lines. Even though there is a significant drop in ridership, there is still a purpose for us offering service. At the same time, our union is ensuring that all drivers are kept working during these difficult times.

I am not saying that the schedule will never be changed. The situation changes from one day to the next. We could ostensibly rely on holiday schedules (a Saturday + schedule similar to Boxing Day or Christmas Eve, or even better an Easter Monday schedule where certain routes supplement the 45 to TCV). 

• Like 2

STM 747 airport bus is the first victim of the pandemic, During daytime, all buses are shorturned at Lionel-Groulx, only late and overnight service continue into downtown core. This means much less buses are required to run that service

3 hours ago, eclair14 said:

STM 747 airport bus is the first victim of the pandemic, During daytime, all buses are shorturned at Lionel-Groulx, only late and overnight service continue into downtown core. This means much less buses are required to run that service

Yeah, I noticed that too. Only two buses are tracking on the 747 now and they track with a special 2157XXXXX trip ID.

- - -

26-086 was on the 97 around 18:45. This bus hasn't been tracking since December but a few of us have seen it in service since then. 

27-505 and 38-039 were En Transit on Rue Fullum going towards CT MR. 

25-222 was parked inside CT MR.

4 hours ago, FelixINX said:

38-013 was on the 20 going East near Ste-Julie at 10:30, En Transit. Any idea where it's going?

Probably to the Prevost Facility near Quebec City. Warrenty work is sent to Nova Bus facilities to help with the back log of repairs already in progress.

• Thanks 1