Today's Sightings

I saw the 37-068 all in white at Laval on the highway 19.  At first sight, it seem like the configuration of the seats are a little bit different then the current hybrids, but I was too far to clearly see.  We will probably have some news soon.

A friend of mine confirmed that he saw an electric in service on August 19th on the 36. So Herb Fong made a mistake on the wiki to say that they were stored.

13 hours ago, ONQCBusFan said:

A friend of mine confirmed that he saw an electric in service on August 19th on the 36. So Herb Fong made a mistake on the wiki to say that they were stored.

For those who ride the 36 often, how often do the electrics come into service? Because I walk past the Square-Victoria station every day this month and none of them were in service. So I assume they were stored for some reason (battery problems come to mind, since during testing the battery sometimes died before completing the whole route).

1 hour ago, anyfong said:

For those who ride the 36 often, how often do the electrics come into service? Because I walk past the Square-Victoria station every day this month and none of them were in service. So I assume they were stored for some reason (battery problems come to mind, since during testing the battery sometimes died before completing the whole route).

Usually they get out on specific runs that have been set up for them (usually only a couple of round trips and no interlining, of course), so it's possible that you weren't at Square Victoria to see any of those departures, especially if you were checking around the same times every day. They stopped indicating it on the published schedule after the Spring board period. That being said, I am almost never in a position to see them, so I can't say for sure how much they get sent out.

2 hours ago, MTL66 said:

36-001 168 o_O

You probably saw the one Mont Royal extra on the 168, 51-39. It does one southbound departure, and interlines from the 125 actually.

18 minutes ago, Gerbil said:

Usually they get out on specific runs that have been set up for them (usually only a couple of round trips and no interlining, of course), so it's possible that you weren't at Square Victoria to see any of those departures, especially if you were checking around the same times every day. They stopped indicating it on the published schedule after the Spring board period. That being said, I am almost never in a position to see them, so I can't say for sure how much they get sent out.

You probably saw the one Mont Royal extra on the 168, 51-39. It does one southbound departure, and interlines from the 125 actually.

Why did they stop publishing it on the schedule? Perhaps the STM retracted its goal of having an entirely electric fleet by 2025? I don't think this goal will ever be met if the electrics are deployed so rarely on the 36.

7 hours ago, anyfong said:

Why did they stop publishing it on the schedule? Perhaps the STM retracted its goal of having an entirely electric fleet by 2025? I don't think this goal will ever be met if the electrics are deployed so rarely on the 36.

I made a spreadsheet indicating which departures can potentially be operated by electric buses on weekdays. It would also be a good idea to check on the STM app if a departure is operated by a front ramp bus before attempting to find an electric bus (it's updated as they're dispatched).

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JUYSOlvDlgfwew_I7MGmJtOCv57ywbOnz3RQQ9qDnQQ/edit?usp=sharing

• Like 1

Got on Transcobec 615 on the 9 towards métro Montmorency... I was expecting a hybrid ride until I realized they swapped the batteries with a ZF Transmission... They left the roof box, unlike STO 0701.

• Like 2

Its finally back, was sent to somewhere in Quebec City for the conversion in December 2016.

37-004 was operating the same run as 22-248 on the 435 from Yesterday, so it looks like some 435 departures will be covered by 40ft Buses.

Could be the bouche trou renfort eh novalfs26001

Rare STM spotting on the rive sud. 22-376 as chauffeur eleve on Hwy 132 westbound around JP Vincent the other day. Maybe heading to SAAQ exam at Place Desormeaux???

On 8/30/2017 at 2:23 AM, M106 said:

I saw the 37-068 all in white at Laval on the highway 19.  At first sight, it seem like the configuration of the seats are a little bit different then the current hybrids, but I was too far to clearly see.  We will probably have some news soon.

I wonder if it could be a new 747 bus (to replace 30-001-020 and 31-211-220). The reason I'm suggesting this is that MTL66's update in another thread says Stinson is getting the 747 as of January, so hybrids could be operated on that route.

-

Yesterday:

The 90 was horrendous during PM rush (it was my first attempt at taking it this board period). I'm not sure if this was the reason, but the traffic along St. Jacques westbound was really badly backed up from Westminster until after the Angrignon highway 20 entrance. The traffic wasn't much worse than normal though. I waited over 40 minutes at Elmhurst for an eastbound bus shortly after 16:00 before giving up and deciding to walk. The 16:22 departure was canceled, and 28-006 (on run 24; supposed to do the 16:22 departure) deadheaded by around 16:50.  While walking, a crushloaded 22-253 (Stinson extra; scheduled at Elmhurst for 16:39) passed by me at about 17:10.

I later checked the schedule, and the westbound direction didn't fare much better. Only one departure wasn't canceled at Atwater between 16:47 and 17:26, and it was the one operated by 28-006 (at 17:08). This disastrous rush hour bothered me enough that I decided to check the scheduling data, and it appears that they've decreased the run time of the 90 for some inexplicable reason. In the spring and summer board periods, buses doing two consecutive westbound departures (deadheading from western terminus back to eastern terminus) would get about 1:45 between those departures, and they would barely make it to Atwater on time. This board period, there are 3 of them that have only 1:30 (the 16:55, 17:02 and 17:20 departures), and two others that have about 1:35.

Today:

30-079 was on the 51 today. The Sapporo wrap has been removed.

I saw an electric bus operating on the 14:58 westbound departure of the 36 today at Robert Bourassa/St. Antoine. I was too far away to see the fleet number, but as per my spreadsheet it was on run 36-10.

I caught 36-006 on a Mont Royal extra of the 420 at 15:04. It was my first highway ride on a new hybrid.

I caught 22-353 on the 51 eastbound at 17:05 today. It was a nice surprise since the 51 hasn't had extras during PM rush for a while, especially not in the direction opposing rush hour.

Stinson's 29-074 was on the 92 around 18:15 (operating out of SD).

5 hours ago, SMS said:

Could be the bouche trou renfort eh novalfs26001

Most probably. I know they were sending the renforts on the 165/435 a lot last week because of the delays caused by the numerous construction sites. 

Regarding the 2018 route allocation, it looks like Stinson will keep the 16 after all. 

On 8/31/2017 at 8:35 AM, Gerbil said:

I made a spreadsheet indicating which departures can potentially be operated by electric buses on weekdays. It would also be a good idea to check on the STM app if a departure is operated by a front ramp bus before attempting to find an electric bus (it's updated as they're dispatched).

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JUYSOlvDlgfwew_I7MGmJtOCv57ywbOnz3RQQ9qDnQQ/edit?usp=sharing

Interesting spreadsheet. On the top you indicated "36 weekdays" - does this mean that these run numbers will only apply to a weekday? Have you seen an electric in service on a weekend?

33 minutes ago, anyfong said:

Interesting spreadsheet. On the top you indicated "36 weekdays" - does this mean that these run numbers will only apply to a weekday? Have you seen an electric in service on a weekend?

I saw one exiting CT Lasalle yesterday, so I assume it was going into service. I just didn't bother making the spreadsheet for weekends, since the times are different. I can add Saturday and Sunday if you'd like.

-

Yesterday:

I caught 26-029 on the 92. It has leather seat inserts like 26-027.

• Like 1

Just now, Gerbil said:

I saw one exiting CT Lasalle yesterday, so I assume it was going into service. I just didn't bother making the spreadsheet for weekends, since the times are different. I can add Saturday and Sunday if you'd like.

It would be nice to see what different on weekends. I have been on the LFSe only once, and I didn't film it since I assumed it would be in service regularly (not knowing that it actually appears sparsely), and that I needed to clear a backlog of videos from my vacation in June, by posting them on my YouTube channel. When I do get on an electric again and film the whole route (which is what I wanted to do), maybe I may dislike the 2nd gen LFS a little less, since unfortunately I'm a highly opinionated person and I know this is really not the place to broadcast my own opinions.

And on Labour Day tomorrow, will everything run as a Sunday schedule?

53 minutes ago, anyfong said:

It would be nice to see what different on weekends. I have been on the LFSe only once, and I didn't film it since I assumed it would be in service regularly (not knowing that it actually appears sparsely), and that I needed to clear a backlog of videos from my vacation in June, by posting them on my YouTube channel. When I do get on an electric again and film the whole route (which is what I wanted to do), maybe I may dislike the 2nd gen LFS a little less, since unfortunately I'm a highly opinionated person and I know this is really not the place to broadcast my own opinions.

And on Labour Day tomorrow, will everything run as a Sunday schedule?

I added the Saturday, Sunday and Holiday schedules. The run numbers are slightly different on Holidays. I know one difference at Lasalle is that route 63 runs, while on Sundays it usually doesn't.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gerbil said:

I added the Saturday, Sunday and Holiday schedules. The run numbers are slightly different on Holidays. I know one difference at Lasalle is that route 63 runs, while on Sundays it usually doesn't.

Just filmed the entire 36 westbound today on 36-903. The spreadsheet helps a bit, so thanks on that. 36-903 then exited Angrignon as En Transit, probably back to garage.

• Like 1

32-019 is wrapped for Priceless Cities music (Mastercard and Apple). I saw it on the 15 today.

Some more exotic 2002s at Lasalle:

22-204 and 22-419 on the 90 today. I took 22-419.

I caught 30-149 on the 90 during PM rush. The driver I had (and have had many times before) is probably the best one I could ask for on the 90. She seems to know all the traffic light cycles by heart and is very efficient with the door operation. Despite the bus being overcrowded and the traffic being bad, we made it to my stop on time (a very rare occurrence).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gerbil said:

32-019 is wrapped for Priceless Cities music (Mastercard and Apple). I saw it on the 15 today.

Some more exotic 2002s at Lasalle:

22-204 and 22-419 on the 90 today. I took 22-419.

I caught 30-149 on the 90 during PM rush. The driver I had (and have had many times before) is probably the best one I could ask for on the 90. She seems to know all the traffic light cycles by heart and is very efficient with the door operation. Despite the bus being overcrowded and the traffic being bad, we made it to my stop on time (a very rare occurrence).

22-419 used to be a LaSalle bus back in the day when they had the entire 22-401 to 425 batch.

--

Yesterday, 22-259 was on the 139 and 23-213 was parked at Frontenac.

Today, Anjou's 27-528 was on the 168.

LaSalle's 29-144 was at Cote-Vertu.

22-261 was on the 170 and had the rear Frontenac checkered bumper.

Anjou's 27-536 was on the 139X.