Today's Sightings

• 2 weeks later...

32-001 was on the 161 this morning. This bus really tested the driver's patience! A red light on the dashboard kept coming on and an annoying alarm kept going off everytime he started accelerating. Resetting it above the left driver's overhead panel didn't solve it. If one can ask, what causes this alarm to go off constantly?

32-001 was on the 161 this morning. This bus really tested the driver's patience! A red light on the dashboard kept coming on and an annoying alarm kept going off everytime he started accelerating. Resetting it above the left driver's overhead panel didn't solve it. If one can ask, what causes this alarm to go off constantly?

If the switch in the top left compartment silenced the alarm it sounds like the rear door alarm, it goes off if the bus moves while the rear doors are open or if the interlock is deactivated. Were the rear doors working normally?

• 2 weeks later...

Université de Montréal's magic carpet running between the metro station and the campus is indefinitely out of order since last Saturday. Bell Horizon has the contract to climb the Chemin de la Rampe. TX-3's are in service to ensure everyone can get to their classes safe and sound.

Yet McGill students have no problem climbing the mountain to their classes or to their residence (ducking to avoid the cans of boreale)

Hmm, sounds like the students arent the only thing on strike at UdeM (ducking to avoid the red squares)

Yet McGill students have no problem climbing the mountain to their classes or to their residence (ducking to avoid the cans of boreale)

Hmm, sounds like the students arent the only thing on strike at UdeM (ducking to avoid the red squares)

I'm sorry, it seems you are misinformed or simply ignorant. Perhaps are you mistaking green apples for oranges?

While McGill enjoys (almost) free infrastructure and various transit services (including paratransit) maintained by the city on its very campus, it can invest its illegaly earned financing on other budget items than concrete. The slope between McGill station and, let's say, Moyses Hall is 5%. Whenever an impaired student not eligible to para-transit needs to go further north, 144 des Pins and 107 Peel are still available for one to ride.

UMontréal main buildings (where the most part of its student mass is located) is linked to the métro station and Édouard-Montpetit boulevard with a magic carpet and staircase in a 10%-inclined tunnel. Its modernization killed a worker last week in a construction site accident, forcing UMontréal to close that access for an indefinite period.

As an option, exterior footpaths are available to use whenever there is no snow, as the maintenance of these paths was cut some 30 years ago by the university to rationalize its infrastructure expenses ― with the tunnel being the preferred option. The most direct route between the metro entrance and the campus' main area, and even though its maximum grade is only 8%, Chemin de la Rampe is forbidden to pedestrians. Students still can access the most populated part of the campus with 1-km detours via J.-A.-DeSève or Samuel-Bronfman buildings. However, the shuttle ensures for lightly impaired, walking-able persons, pregnant students, injured students, elderly personel, etc. that the last-mile will be travelled safely. That is the single reason why a 48-seater running on a 15-minute schedule was chosen; it certainly does not carry the whole 10,000 former daily users of the tunnel. I admit the choice of vehicle is quite inappropriated, though.

Although I do not see the relevance of your comment, I would like to point out that there are currently no strikes at UMontréal. Maybe are you mistaking it with UQÀM, where teaching assistants are on strike over a salary decrease? It seems you are also referring to the 2012 social movement (the square thing), where Post-Grad, MacDonald Campus, POTUS, SWSA, DESA, GSDFSSA, MUGS, MUSA, PSA and AHCSSA McGill students voted for a strike, and undergrad students from SSMU mandated their national union (TaCEQ) to negociate with the government over free scholarship.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Technic Driving school has a new bus. Ex-Aeroport 4974, Exx-Durham Region 4974.

Benito also has purchased a new bus for the driving courses. The classic is near its end of life.

Ex-RTC 9629

I saw this Tecnic bus in question in Longueuil, thanks for the information as the destination sign merely read SPECIAL and it was difficult to ascertain its origin.

You'd think that Tecnic would have sold its first gen to Benito (assuming they got rid of their ex-STM unit and replaced it with this 2nd gen). But since barely anyone operates Classics in large scale anymore, it only makes sense that training buses are now used LFS.

3 hours ago, SMS said:

I saw this Tecnic bus in question in Longueuil, thanks for the information as the destination sign merely read SPECIAL and it was difficult to ascertain its origin.

You'd think that Tecnic would have sold its first gen to Benito (assuming they got rid of their ex-STM unit and replaced it with this 2nd gen). But since barely anyone operates Classics in large scale anymore, it only makes sense that training buses are now used LFS.

The only reason I was able to read the info was I was stuck in traffic on the 25 North and it was beside me. I have not seen their Ex-STM unit in a while.

• 4 weeks later...

Haha RTL accessibility violation sighting from yesterday, C20835 on the 6 in PM rush! I drove C20832 yesterday in the late evening and I must admit that this is one of the best 2008s around, most are slowpokes with over 600k km on the odo, yet this one didn't feel so tapped out. It had lots of power compared to the rest of its cohorts.

• 3 weeks later...