A. Wong

St. Albert Sightings

762 posts in this topic

835 NB on St. Albert Trail @ 118 Ave this morning.

On another note, it looks like the SLF-230's have had the shiny metal StAT logos applied underneath their front windshields recently (same style as the D40LFR's).

Spotted an Orion II SB on St. Albert Trail on Friday.

842 spotted westbound 87th Ave @ 116th Street working Route 203 just now.

I have a feeling that 838 is toast as well. Given that the only ones that we keep seeing in service are 835, 837 and 842. Meanwhile 834, 836, 839, 840 and 841 have all been visually confirmed to be retired.

So if St. Albert was suppose to replace 10 buses as indicated earlier, they have only got rid of 7. While atleast 11 of 13 D40LFR's are now in service. 870 and 877 have yet to be reported in service. I'm going to assume that 870 is in fact in service, just nobody has posted that they saw it. So 12 new buses have been placed into service; meanwhile, only 7 have been retired. I have a positive feeling that they are unable to retire 10 at this moment.

However, one Classic may just be hanging around because 805 is probably awaiting some major repair, I really doubt that it is due for retirement. One Classic may also be hanging around just for 877. And if for some reason 870 is actually still not in service, one Classic could be hanging around for that bus. So to contradcit myself, these 3 Classics could just be sticking it out till they get buses 805, 870 and 877 on the road. Then they will still have retired 10 buses and added 13, as they indicated they would.

I'm going to assume that 870 is in fact in service, just nobody has posted that they saw it.

Spotted 870 in service while driving home yesterday evening.

However, one Classic may just be hanging around because 805 is probably awaiting some major repair, I really doubt that it is due for retirement.

Agreed. I noticed two weeks ago (before the snow fell!) that there is a large black stain on the pavement under the back end of the bus which made me wonder too if it is waiting for repair.

837 spotted once again just now, outbound University and outbound University at 8:30.

This seems to be a regular run that I have observed, but it is actually one of those 203/204's that are not properly marked on the schedule in the Ride Guide.

This run arrives at the University at about 8:30, then outbound as a 203 right away. The same bus then returns to the University at 10:30 in service and departs the University right away out of service. It is almost always an MCI Classic, operates Monday-Friday based on what I've seen. I'm not sure the bus will still operate once regular classes are over (today is the last day for the year). I'll post it again if I see it tomorrow. But this is a run that you can get your photos of one the 3 remaining Classics and get a ride too.

806's rear door wouldn't open Tuesday and Wednesday. I'm on 804 right now and saw 801 just a minute ago in service.

804 doors are suffering the same fate today. 801 and 803 also spotted at St Albert Centre. I haven't seen 802 around either and no Classics spotted in the past little while. Any word on them?

804 doors are suffering the same fate today. 801 and 803 also spotted at St Albert Centre. I haven't seen 802 around either and no Classics spotted in the past little while. Any word on them?

Actually, I rode 802 for about one stop on Wednesday morning, I think every single D60 in the fleet is safe for now.

As for Classics, 835, 837 and 842 are the 3 that are left, all have been spotted within the past week as well.

If your wondering about retired buses recently, due to being displaced by the new D40LFR buses (13 of them), 834, 836, 838 (unconfirmed), 839, 840, 841 and 846. Check out the rest of this thread if your looking for more info on this stuff.

Saw a LFR tonight but was busy driving so didn't catch the number. It was on the 201, turning south on 97 Street at about 109 Avenue.

814 at the Hebert Road Safeway as the Fill-a-bus bus.

My friend Alison was instrumental in creating the 'Fill-A-Bus' camapign in St. Albert. Even though she no longer drives for them she is still involved in this worthwhile endeavor.

Today's spottings / non-spottings:

835 NB St. Albert Trail between Yellowhead and 137 Ave about 7:25 AM

805 - no longer parked outside StAT garage. Hopefully it's being repaired rather than disposed of. If anyone happens to see it in service within the next week or two, would you mind dropping a note in this thread? :lol:

Saw 877 on a 201 during the PM rush hour on Monday, so all of St Albert's LFR's are now in service.

Christmas Break Service Levels

St. Albert Transit

Mon. Dec. 24 Upgraded Saturday Service

Tue. Dec. 25 NO SERVICE

Wed. Dec. 26 NO SERVICE

Th./Fr. Dec. 27 & 28 Upgraded Saturday Service

Sat. Dec. 29 Reg. Sat. Service

Sun. Dec. 30 Reg. Sun. Service

Mon. Dec. 31 Upgraded Saturday Service

Complimentary Service after 1800 hrs.

Last Rte. 201 SB. 97 Street 103 Avenue (Law Courts) at 0210 hrs.

Tuesday Jan.01 NO SERVICE

Wed. Jan. 02 Reg. weekday service resumes

A friend had told me that someone told him that 837 was the only MCI Classic left. Had my doubts, but I am wondering if this is true and whether or not 835, 837 and 842 are still all in the active fleet, maybe kept as backup buses, in case they run out?

A friend had told me that someone told him that 837 was the only MCI Classic left. Had my doubts, but I am wondering if this is true and whether or not 835, 837 and 842 are still all in the active fleet, maybe kept as backup buses, in case they run out?

I kinda doubt myself that 837 is the last Classic in service. It would make more sense to keep 2 of them running. Although, Medicine Hat was running with only 1 Classic in service.

805 is out in service again. Looks like she's been driving around a while today as she was dirty. I spotted her at Village Tree about 4:35 pm heading out on a 203.

805 is out in service again. Looks like she's been driving around a while today as she was dirty. I spotted her at Village Tree about 4:35 pm heading out on a 203.

Thanks for the update!

867 was on route 201 tonight. One minor difference from Edmonton's units is that they have 4 side turn signals instead of 2.