A. Wong

St. Albert Sightings

Definitely Lethbridge.  Check the thread on this board - i posted the listings from the MA site.

Nothing. I've been watching the news portion of St. Albert's website and so far nothing. 

I thought I read that Denver RTD's order was taking longer...

and...

LA Metro returned 5 BYD's.

• Like 1

Yes, I have seen other recent reports of factory delays at BYD. One report was that they didn't have enough paint booth space for the buses they are producing. I know some growing pains are to be expected but BYD seems to have a history of not meeting delivery timelines.

On the positive side, Long Beach does have at least one of their buses on the street now: https://cleantechnica.com/2017/02/11/byd-k9-electric-bus-takes-maiden-trip-long-beach-california/

• Like 1

I seen this unit in Anaheim in February. Running as a Hotel Disney shuttle! (ART)

20170224_184103.jpg

20170224_184103.thumb.jpg.f5a4af0d4af9f7c5b6ea99dddcd9a6b2.jpg

• Like 2

18 hours ago, LRT said:

I seen this unit in Anaheim in February. Running as a Hotel Disney shuttle! (ART)

20170224_184103.jpg

These are ex Demo units from BYD and even one or two from the original cancelled Long Beach   cancelled  order. They been running since last year for ART 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, TheAverageJoe said:

These are ex Demo units from BYD and even one or two from the original cancelled Long Beach   cancelled  order. They been running since last year for ART 

Lots of cool buses running for ART. I noticed older buses from other transit agencies.

13 minutes ago, LRT said:

Lots of cool buses running for ART. I noticed older buses from other transit agencies.

They have a large amount leased from OCTA. They do own most of their own cutaways 

That's actually a nice looking bus!

The new BYD's are in service today.  Spotted one in downtown Edmonton this morning (couldn't make out the fleet number) and #1402 in St. Albert.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, OCSTOFan said:

They could have retired and you just didn't notice.

2 hours ago, T6H-5307N said:

As far as we know, they are all still active.

https://cptdb.ca/wiki/index.php/St._Albert_Transit_853-857

Only update to that would be 855 is the only one left with a rollsign.

You are welcome to make a special trip out here to confirm otherwise if our word isn't good enough.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3