• Announcements

• A. Wong

Saddened by loss of Winnipeg Transit driver   02/15/2017

We are saddened by the loss of Winnipeg Transit driver Irvine (Jubal) Fraser who was attacked while on the job and unfortunately passed away.
      A GoFundMe page has been set up by Winnipeg Transit colleagues to help Fraser's widow and family. We wish to extend our condolences to family and friends affected by this tragic event. View CBC News Article: Man charged with murder in attack on Winnipeg Transit driver
    • A. Wong

Upcoming Server Move   02/18/2017

Hello everyone! Please be advised that CPTDB and CPTDB Wiki will be unavailable starting the evening of February 25, 2017. We will be moving to another server. Users will be unable to view or post content during this time. We expect it to be up sometime on Feburary 26, 2017. A new announcement will take the place of this one, so you will know when the site is online and you are accessing it from the new server. Thanks! -A. Wong
      on behalf of CPTDB Admin
A. Wong

St. Albert Sightings

754 posts in this topic

Just thought I would make a new thread so we can categorize better - the "Edmonton and area spottings" thread is getting huge and hard to search. :lol:

804 was heading back to St. Albert Not In Service, 809 was on the 203, and 868 (D40LFR) was on the 205.

Just thought I would make a new thread so we can categorize better - the "Edmonton and area spottings" thread is getting huge and hard to search. :lol:

804 was heading back to St. Albert Not In Service, 809 was on the 203, and 868 (D40LFR) was on the 205.

Uh, forgive me for asking... but what's 809?

809 is an older D60LF.

:lol: I knew that! My god, I really didn't get enough sleep last night, something made me want to think it was a minibus. :D

It's OK - I pulled the same thing in a Calgary thread - "what's 6001?" :lol:

A 'sighting' from the St. Albert Gazette.

Almost 140 St. Albert Transit riders have signed a petition to protest recent routes changes to downtown Edmonton.

Peter Wooldridge says 138 of his fellow transit passengers have signed a petition that takes aim at St. Albert Transit’s "new and improved schedule." The petitioners are passengers of routes 201 and 202.

The petition comes one month after St. Albert Transit announced its fall schedule that included significant changes to downtown transit routes.

St. Albert Transit at the time said the changes were a move to improve efficiency, one of the top concerns in a May survey of downtown commuters. The new routes eliminated time-consuming loops in downtown Edmonton and helped avoid some traffic congestion.

Wooldridge says the changes favour post secondary students at MacEwan College, not higher paying adult commuters. The changes also haven’t eliminated traffic congestion and riders are hard-pressed to make their connections, he said.

"We actually got reduced service under the guise of improvement."

The petition fingers St. Albert Trail as the main culprit for late connections.

"Gridlock occurs almost daily as three lanes southbound are squeezed into two lanes at the Yellowhead [Trail] intersection," the petition says. "Northbound on the Trail in rush-hour is just as bad from the traffic circle all the way to 137th Avenue."

The petitioners recommend the city look at using 156th Street to 111th Avenue as an alternative.

Wooldridge also suggests the city hire a professional firm to design a new transit route. He’s not impressed with the job the city is doing to date and plans to take up the issue with candidates running for mayor and council.

"If you can’t provide good service, people are not going to use it."

City manager Bill Holtby confirmed the petition has been received and the concerns are being evaluated.

"We’re determining whether or not we will be making any future changes," he said.

Holtby pointed out St. Albert Transit routes are part of a larger system and any changes are not a simple matter. "If you tinker with one it has impacts on others."

Holtby said other city departments have assisted transit personnel in evaluating the route changes. The city’s ongoing transportation master plan has also identified some short-term and longer-term solutions, including bus rapid transit or high-occupancy vehicle (HOV) traffic lanes.

Holtby said HOV lanes are part of a long-term solution the city is addressing with Edmonton. In the short term, both cities have agreed to allow buses to jump the cue on St. Albert Trail at the Yellowhead Trail intersection. The plan would see a short third lane added so buses could jump ahead of other traffic. It was to be implemented this year but a lack of bidders has pushed it back until next summer.

As for using 156th Street/111th Avenue, Holtby called the suggestion "a reasonable suggestion" the city will take under advisement.

The latest transit concerns will also be forwarded on to the next council elected on Oct. 15.

balary@stalbert.greatwest.ca

That seems like a reasonable suggestion, though rather a bit out of the way. I wonder if that'd actually cut time down on the routes traveling dowtown. Perhaps maybe using 118ave instead could be an option though i'm not sure about morning congestion.

This would be a good place to keep track of the MCI Classics, New Flyer D40LF 846/847-849 and New Flyer D60 801-803 as these would be likely candidates for retirement with new buses coming in.847 is working the 203 today

It's OK - I pulled the same thing in a Calgary thread - "what's 6001?" :rolleyes:

Yeah I got a laugh out of that one! We've all done things like that!

874 on a 201 today. I'll post a pic here later on... so check back tonight.

Cool, thanks for the pics Mike.

That's pretty extreme - they actually had a camera to take pictures of your license plate?

Would we venture to say both 836 and 846 have met their end with St. Albert Transit...maybe start looking at auction places to see where these buses might end up. Curious if these buses will again show up with Capital Bus Parts as either whole buses or for parts. Maybe even Transit Sales International, though that is American as fas as I know.

Last time when I saw 836, about 2 weeks ago, it was not missing its ad. on that one side.

835 spotted this morning outbound of the University Transit Centre at about 8:30AM

801 came into University this morning.

There were 3 of them in a row this afternoon at around 4pm departing the University on consecutive trips. Two 1995's followed by a 1991. Usually its only one of each model year and usually a 2001 or 2006 D60LF. Thought that was kind of neat.

The 205 seems to be getting lots of LFRs. One of the morning runs (depart WEM at 0820?) had 868

Yeah, the last 2 times I saw the 205 it was a D40LFR. "Competition" against the ETS ones? :D

I saw that same LFR 868 heading west bound on 87th Ave. Two D60s consecutively again this evening at around 5 and 5:15, didn't catch any numbers.

834, 836 and 846 have departed the StAT garage ramp "for parts unknown" (to borrow a phrase from Mike, from Edmonton).

Decided to test out Martin's compilation of St. Albert Transit high floor runs for the pm peak bookout. Seems like you got pretty much everything right in terms of the interlines. Buses not 100%, but hey thats not your fault :D

So here are my spottings (in red) on 8 particular runs that I saw out of the 13 that Martin had listed in another thread. Atleast 3 of these high floor runs ended up getting a D40LF instead of an MCI Classic.

2. A21 14:40 VTS à 15:20 VTS à 201 15:47 Edm. à A4 16:30 STCE à O/S 16:55 STCE CLASSIC (#839)

3. 202 14:55 Edm. à A8 15:41 STCE à O/S 15:53 Eldorado Drive English Way à209 16:30 Edm. à O/S 17:16 STCE CLASSIC (#842)

6. 201 15:17 Edm. àA4 16:00 STCE à 201 16:35 STCE à 17:15 Edm. à A4 STCE 18:00 à O/S 18:24 STCE CLASSIC (#841)

7. 209 15:18 Edm. à A8 16:00 STCE à 16:25 STCE à A9 16:30 STCE à 17:00 STCE à 17:30 STCE à O/S ~18:00 STCE à A11 18:20 VTS à18:40 VTS à O/S 19:05 STCE CLASSIC (#851)

8. 201 15:33 Edm. à A4 16:15 STCE à 201 16:50 STCE à 17:33 Edm. à A4 STCE 18:15 à O/S 18:38 STCE CLASSIC(#849)

10. 204 16:03 Edm. à O/S 16:44 STCE D60 (#801)

11. 208 16:05 Edm. à A8 16:48 STCE à O/S 17:13 STCE à A1 17:25 VTS à 17:55 VTS à O/S 18:19 STCE CLASSIC (#854)

12. 209 16:18 Edm. à A8 17:00 STCE à O/S 17:24 STCE à A3 17:42 VTS à 17:57 VTS CLASSIC(#840)

And so as for a list of all the oldest/newest buses I saw today (MCI Classics/1991 D60's/2007 D40LFR), here we go

MCI Classic #839, 840, 841 and 842 all spotted, did anyone see 835, 837 and 838 today?

New Flyer D60 #801 and 803

New Flyer D40LFR #865, 866, 872, 873, 875 and 876 (all photographed btw)

Well be careful looking for them around the department of public harrasment <_<you too may be captured on camera -_-

I usually do my skulking during evenings or early Saturday mornings, while those nefarious public servants are at home watching Gilligan's Island reruns and cartoons ;)

Anybody been seeing the Classics out this so far this week?

The one or two morning runs to the University that usually got them seems to be LFR's this week so far.