St. Albert Sightings

A. Wong

842 spotted westbound 87th Ave @ 116th Street working Route 203 just now.

I have a feeling that 838 is toast as well. Given that the only ones that we keep seeing in service are 835, 837 and 842. Meanwhile 834, 836, 839, 840 and 841 have all been visually confirmed to be retired.

So if St. Albert was suppose to replace 10 buses as indicated earlier, they have only got rid of 7. While atleast 11 of 13 D40LFR's are now in service. 870 and 877 have yet to be reported in service. I'm going to assume that 870 is in fact in service, just nobody has posted that they saw it. So 12 new buses have been placed into service; meanwhile, only 7 have been retired. I have a positive feeling that they are unable to retire 10 at this moment.

However, one Classic may just be hanging around because 805 is probably awaiting some major repair, I really doubt that it is due for retirement. One Classic may also be hanging around just for 877. And if for some reason 870 is actually still not in service, one Classic could be hanging around for that bus. So to contradcit myself, these 3 Classics could just be sticking it out till they get buses 805, 870 and 877 on the road. Then they will still have retired 10 buses and added 13, as they indicated they would.

I'm going to assume that 870 is in fact in service, just nobody has posted that they saw it.

Spotted 870 in service while driving home yesterday evening.

However, one Classic may just be hanging around because 805 is probably awaiting some major repair, I really doubt that it is due for retirement.

Agreed. I noticed two weeks ago (before the snow fell!) that there is a large black stain on the pavement under the back end of the bus which made me wonder too if it is waiting for repair.