orionbus

Oakville Transit

1,618 posts in this topic

Someone will reply this message fast.

Saw 6108 few days ago, it has nothing but the license plate at the front. Someone called whiteout?

Also, 904 had rearranged their logo and the fleet #. Logo, then Orion badge and fleet #. What happened?

Someone will reply this message fast.

Saw 6108 few days ago, it has nothing but the license plate at the front. Someone called whiteout?

Also, 904 had rearranged their logo and the fleet #. Logo, then Orion badge and fleet #. What happened?

#6108 was T-Boned during the Snow Storm we had one Sunday. Not exactly sure why the front fleet number went missing, since the bus was hit on its side (near the rear door). It may have received a repaint as well. I honestly dont know.

#904 was sent out last year for a rebuild and came back with the Orion Plate lower than before. Eastway's handy work... No surprise there. #2103 came back today after its accident which it suffered an accident at the GO Station with another bus in September. Its been gone for quite awhile, and finally back. Aparently, they couldn't find any windows for the Orion VI model, but obviously that problem has now been solved, since its back. Its parked under the canopy this afternoon. Not sure when it will be back on the road though.

#7107 is also back. It was recorded as "Body Shop", yet it has never seen any service. OCTA actually had the bus for Training Purposes since Monday.

#7101, #7103-7106 entered service today. #7101 wouldn't start in the morning, but the problem was fixed, and its currently out in service untill 12:25 tonight, along with #7103. #7104 and #7105 both went out for the morning rush hour.

#7102 was the only unit that didn't go out in the morning. It was supposed to go out, but I was told that it had radio problems, so it wasn't sent out. Again, the problem was fixed, and was ready for the afternoon to go out for rush hour, but wouldn't start. The cold weather probably played a factor in the issues with both #7101 and #7102, hence they should have been parked inside.

#7107 parked out front of the yard, but didn't go out, and I dont expect to see it on the road untill they apply the wrap that its supposed to get. I was on #7106 today, just to see how the ride was, and its quite smooth and quiet. Nothing really different than the older D40LFRs...

How do you know when/what bus they are going to use for an ad wrap? Im curious about that in Hamilton, where do they do it, and the ad company just chooses any bus?

How do you know when/what bus they are going to use for an ad wrap? Im curious about that in Hamilton, where do they do it, and the ad company just chooses any bus?

Jan works for Oakville Transit.

Who in the world programmed those ugly lower case destination signs? Get in there and reprogram them, Jan!

Who in the world programmed those ugly lower case destination signs? Get in there and reprogram them, Jan!

I kinda like the lower case signs. The BT 07xx are comming with lower case on the second line of its destination signs. Looks pretty good to me.

Tell me about it...lol.

The "OAKVILLE TRANSIT" on the blue bird is my fancy work. I can't stand the lower case, but management wanted it changed for some really stupid reason. I love the upper case.

Tell me about it...lol.

The "OAKVILLE TRANSIT" on the blue bird is my fancy work. I can't stand the lower case, but management wanted it changed for some really stupid reason. I love the upper case.

It's due to sign spacing.

I personally don't mind about it, gives an interesting character.

It's due to sign spacing.

I personally don't mind about it, gives an interesting character.

The lower case looks similar to the old roll signs. Just a bit of nostalgia perhaps? Plus, I think from a visually impaired position (perhaps buschic can weigh in on this), the lower case makes it easier to identify the letters and hence the route/destination from a distance.

The lower case looks similar to the old roll signs. Just a bit of nostalgia perhaps? Plus, I think from a visually impaired position (perhaps buschic can weigh in on this), the lower case makes it easier to identify the letters and hence the route/destination from a distance.

That would be right about the lower case for visual impaired as I've been told.

Nothing has been mentioned about the Hy-Drive conversion since last October. What has happened since then?

Are the busses in daily operation? How have they performed?

I have heard that they have had to recall a number of the units that were installed on transport trucks.

I took these on Sunday, during a photo shoot that I did with my friend who works with me...

IMG_0394.jpg

IMG_0395.jpg

IMG_0398.jpg

IMG_0402.jpg

IMG_0409.jpg

Oh, Jan those are GREAT pics! , I miss riding 871, is it still on the road, or has it been taken off? That and 881 are my favourite OT buses!

Oh, Jan those are GREAT pics! , I miss riding 871, is it still on the road, or has it been taken off? That and 881 are my favourite OT buses!

Em, you'll be happy to hear that back about a week and a half ago, I managed to find 871 on the 15-Bridge. It had been many months since riding any of the 3 remaining Orion I's out there. As far as I know, they'll be around until July once the 2008's come in.

We've got most of the signs fixed up (at least centered), and they seem to look a little better than before. They are still lower case, and I dont think that will change back to Upper Case any time soon. As for fleet news, All 3 of our Orion IIs which have been retired for quite sometime, were finally removed from the back of the garage, and sent to scrap. The Zone bus that retired (#3308) is still sitting at the back of the garage.

2007 New Flyer D40LFR #7107 has finally entered service. This unit was held back untill this month, as there were plans to have this bus wrapped, and used as the new Special Events Bus for the Town, but that plan was scrapped about a week ago, due to high costs for the wrap it was supposed to recieve. It was all white untill last week, but is now fully decaled with the normal livery. It appears we'll just use any new bus we can for any special events, as long as they stay clean...

2001 Orion VI #2102 will be getting its 30th Anniversary Wrap removed within the next few months, and will be back to its original livery, as it was, when brand new, which is the normal livery as well.

And last but not least, the 4 Milton Transit Blue Birds are due any day now for delivery to Oakville, where they will be prepared for service, and handed over to GO Transit, and stored at their Milton Satelite Garage.

2007 New Flyer D40LFR #7107 has finally entered service. This unit was held back untill this month, as there were plans to have this bus wrapped, and used as the new Special Events Bus for the Town, but that plan was scrapped about a week ago, due to high costs for the wrap it was supposed to recieve. It was all white untill last week, but is now fully decaled with the normal livery. It appears we'll just use any new bus we can for any special events, as long as they stay clean...

2001 Orion VI #2102 will be getting its 30th Anniversary Wrap removed within the next few months, and will be back to its original livery, as it was, when brand new, which is the normal livery as well.

What a joke! Management have loss their way.

Well, this should be interesting to see the mark that has left on the bus after 6 years.

Nothing has been mentioned about the Hy-Drive conversion since last October. What has happened since then?

Are the busses in daily operation? How have they performed?

I have heard that they have had to recall a number of the units that were installed on transport trucks.

Testing has been extended to the Spring of 2008. Looking good from what I can see! The three units that we have (2005 New Flyer D40LF) are in regular service every day.

I told told today when I came into work that the Four (4) Milton Transit 2008 Blue Bird Ultra LF Buses will be arriving on Wednesday February 20th, 2008 to our garage. They should look somewhat different on the inside, with different fabric on the seats and some other small details have changed.

I spent a quick 30 minutes or so at Oakville GO station on Saturday. I was surprised with the volume.

I felt the lower case destination looked odd on 4104 working route 20 to Bridge.

4104_oak_02_16_08_mt.jpg

4104_oak_02_16_08_mt.jpg

post-3523-1203298084_thumb.jpg

I spent a quick 30 minutes or so at Oakville GO station on Saturday. I was surprised with the volume.

I felt the lower case destination looked odd on 4104 working route 20 to Bridge.

Looks like Iroquois Ridge is displayed with two exposures, must of been cramped on the display when they reprogrammed the sign.

Looks like Iroquois Ridge is displayed with two exposures, must of been cramped on the display when they reprogrammed the sign.

Yes. The new displays on the Luminators are just retarded.

Yes. The new displays on the Luminators are just retarded.

There are better words to express that. Although the appearance of the sign is odd, it does make for better readability, in my opinion.

There are better words to express that. Although the appearance of the sign is odd, it does make for better readability, in my opinion.

Try looking at route 24 sign, their old program sign used to say "Sth Common Mall", almost it looks like it's saying "5th" on the first one. Now it's reprogrammed to "S. Common Mall".

Try looking at route 24 sign, their old program sign used to say "Sth Common Mall", almost it looks like it's saying "5th" on the first one. Now it's reprogrammed to "S. Common Mall".

That has been reprogrammed awhile back. But now with the lower case it's just sooooooo tiny.

That has been reprogrammed awhile back. But now with the lower case it's just sooooooo tiny.

Yeah, like few months ago.