orionbus

Oakville Transit

1,558 posts in this topic

The Town of Oakville will be providing drivers, but maintenance will be provided by GO Transit under a contract with the GO and the Town of Milton.

This means drivers will have to work up there during their new shift.

Orion V #904 is back in service today, but it broke down as soon as it got back to the yard, along with Orion VI #9904. The Zone Bus which was recently retired, due to extensive damage from an accident up in Milton had it's destination signs removed, along with the farebox. The bus is now parked under the canopy, with the Orion II buses.

I got an email today at work showing the new proposed bus stop signs for Oakville Transit. They will have the ability to have a phone number, route designation and accessibility designation on the sign. The signs would also be made of reflective material, as is the current sign. It will be the same size/shape as Mississauga's Bus Stop Signs.

Pictures will be posted soon...

Here's is a detailed sketch of the proposed new signs...

Notice they're the exact same design at Mississauga Transit's, except the colors are swapped...

Picture1.jpg

Picture1.jpg

post-2-1196022471_thumb.jpg

Notice they're the exact same design at Mississauga Transit's, except the colors are swapped...

Not bad looking at all and it seems presentable and easy to read. I assume the yellow will act as reflector at night prehaps and enable the operator to see the stops more clearly? When you first mentioned this and without looking at the picture I thought the stops would be similar to Calgary's which have quite a bit of information on them. Is it just me or do the transit properties in the western part of Canada have more informative information on their bus stops?

Not bad looking at all and it seems presentable and easy to read. I assume the yellow will act as reflector at night prehaps and enable the operator to see the stops more clearly? When you first mentioned this and without looking at the picture I thought the stops would be similar to Calgary's which have quite a bit of information on them. Is it just me or do the transit properties in the western part of Canada have more informative information on their bus stops?

I was told the whole stop will be reflective. Felix came up with another design which I believe he will send over to our managers...

Jan, the proposed ones will be much easier to see, for not only sighted people but for the visually impaired/legally Blind as well, I cant stand the current ones in use, I have problems finding them and currently when I am trying to connect to Oakville Transit, I have problems finding the bus stops.

Impressed, very impressed!

Five of Seven 2007 New Flyer D40LFRs were delivered early this morning to our yard. Quite a few visible modifications, from the two previous orders. The floor is changed, once again, with a lighter "rubber type" blue floor. I am assuming that the older floor was quite expensive, considering it was from France.

Exterior wise, they look pretty much the same with some minor vent changes. They also have an "ULTRA LOW SULFUR DIESEL FUEL ONLY" sticker on the dash board. The front door mechanism is the same as Mississauga's 07s and our newer 06s.

Aparently, they were driven on delivery instead of trucked. I think its because we got a larger amount this time. Two more left to arrive (guessing anytime this week).

If our numbering system will stay the same, they should be #7101-7107.

Pictures will be posted after midnight (when I get home).

:D

Five of Seven 2007 New Flyer D40LFRs were delivered early this morning to our yard. Quite a few visible modifications, from the two previous orders. The floor is changed, once again, with a lighter "rubber type" blue floor. I am assuming that the older floor was quite expensive, considering it was from France.

Exterior wise, they look pretty much the same with some minor vent changes. They also have an "ULTRA LOW SULFUR DIESEL FUEL ONLY" sticker on the dash board. The front door mechanism is the same as Mississauga's 07s and our newer 06s.

Aparently, they were driven on delivery instead of trucked. I think its because we got a larger amount this time. Two more left to arrive (guessing anytime this week).

Pictures will be posted after midnight (when I get home).

:D

the previous flooring was Altro brand? (like grey sandpaper)

I notice that more and more systems are using the 'sand paper' flooring now. (YRT, BT, etc.). It looks nicer and seems to be less prone to gum. The old grooved floors look visibly harder to "de-gum". :lol:

I'm assuming they've come undecalled?

I'm assuming they've come undecalled?

Yes, Since we've introduced the new livery, all orders have been delivered without any markings, just like Burlington Transit.

I like this. It's an excellent idea because it will be easier to switch between the two systems. Because of the different colours however, it will still be obvious that a passenger has gone to another city.

I notice that more and more systems are using the 'sand paper' flooring now. (YRT, BT, etc.). It looks nicer and seems to be less prone to gum. The old grooved floors look visibly harder to "de-gum". :lol:

Maybe. But the point is, it's all long term of age and passengers having issues on slipping floors. Mississauga goes straight to RCA black floor while the rest are considerbly standard, which customers do have a choice of colours but not much.

The Orion VI camed with it, but when they placed the VII ordered, a rep. from France camed and showed the floor colour.

I would assume it's going to be a pure blue RCA floor?

So, the rear door is CLASS? Don't expect all drivers letting passengers open the rear door themselves! :lol:<_<<_<

Driven... yeah and the cost too, considerly how expensive to get it trucked!

Yes, Since we've introduced the new livery, all orders have been delivered without any markings, just like Burlington Transit.

It's also cheaper, but unfortunately last year one of the "O" logo went missing all thanks to bus wash. That's how decalling themselves can't do a nice job!

I rather let the manufacture do the decalling.

It's also cheaper, but unfortunately last year one of the "O" logo went missing all thanks to bus wash. That's how decalling themselves can't do a nice job!

I rather let the manufacture do the decalling.

Actually, the bus you're talking about just didn't get the rest of the logo applied to it, until later. That was #6104. The Bus Wash isn't that strong to peel off the decals. It can't even wash our buses well either!

Actually, the bus you're talking about just didn't get the rest of the logo applied to it, until later. That was #6104. The Bus Wash isn't that strong to peel off the decals. It can't even wash our buses well either!

That's another problem, their decalling has caused a delayed, they've put the fleet # much later inside the bus. Some received none for a long time.

So, where's the photos?

I believe the previous LFRs had Gerflor Tarabus flooring.

Thanks for sharing the pics Jan!

I believe the previous LFRs had Gerflor Tarabus flooring.

Thanks for sharing the pics Jan!

No Problem Adrian.

Yes, it was from Gerflor Flooring for the older units. The first buses delivered with that floor were the Orion VIIs.

No Problem Adrian.

Yes, it was from Gerflor Flooring for the older units. The first buses delivered with that floor were the Orion VIIs.

And the D40 refurbs got them too right? Do the V refurbs have that floor too?

And the D40 refurbs got them too right? Do the V refurbs have that floor too?

Correct, the D40s have them, along with the refurbished Orion Vs, which are #902-907. #901 aparently will not undergo a rebuild, and will be retired as is when the time comes.

Correct, the D40s have them, along with the refurbished Orion Vs, which are #902-907. #901 aparently will not undergo a rebuild, and will be retired as is when the time comes.

Thanks for the info!

I got word tonight that the last two D40LFRs are on their way, and should be here between now and tomorrow. They may show up tonight, but I"m not too sure. They are coming from Winnipeg, where they had final inspection before departure from New Flyer.