orionbus

Oakville Transit

1,549 posts in this topic

This will be a new thread for Transit Discussion about Oakville

To Start, for Fleet News, Orion V #907 is back from rebuild, and finally back in service. We have been sending our Orion Vs to Eastway's Pembroke facility, due to the closure of the Burlington Address, earlier this year. When #907 returned, there were numerous problems with it, so we had to send it back to get fixed, and even fully completed. #904 returned as well a few weeks ago, and as well, had to be sent back. Both buses, when they arrived back the first time, they were decaled here, then sent back. #901 is the only Orion V left to be rebuilt. From my understanding, the two 1992 Orion Vs will not be fully rebuilt, and will be retired when ready.

Recently, we've had our 3 2005 New Flyer D40LF buses retrofitted with Hy-Drive Technologies, for Hyrdrogen Clean Air Testing. #5103 was sent out to the body shop for some more work to be done, and also came back on Friday with a full body wrap for Hy-Drive Technologies. I've attached 5 pictures of it, parked under the canopy, shortly after its return. It has not been on the road yet, and I was told it was not to be moved, so I wasn't able to get any posed pictures of it in front of the garage. It should hit the road on Tuesday, from my understanding...

For more information, you can visit the Hy-Drive Technologies website at Hy-Drive

I will update this thread every so often with fleet news, and pictures for everyone! <_< Members can post messages and pictures as well if they want.

oakville907a.jpg

oakville907b.jpg

5103_1.jpg

5103_2.jpg

5103_3.jpg

5103_4.jpg

5103_5.jpg

oakville907a.jpg

oakville907b.jpg

5103_1.jpg

5103_2.jpg

5103_3.jpg

5103_4.jpg

5103_5.jpg

oakville907a.jpg

oakville907b.jpg

5103_1.jpg

5103_2.jpg

5103_3.jpg

5103_4.jpg

5103_5.jpg

post-2-1191784186_thumb.jpg

post-2-1191784203_thumb.jpg

post-2-1191784225_thumb.jpg

post-2-1191784232_thumb.jpg

post-2-1191784242_thumb.jpg

post-2-1191784251_thumb.jpg

post-2-1191784265_thumb.jpg

This will be a new thread for Transit Discussion about Oakville

To Start, for Fleet News, Orion V #907 is back from rebuild, and finally back in service. We have been sending our Orion Vs to Eastway's Pembroke facility, due to the closure of the Burlington Address, earlier this year. When #907 returned, there were numerous problems with it, so we had to send it back to get fixed, and even fully completed. #904 returned as well a few weeks ago, and as well, had to be sent back. Both buses, when they arrived back the first time, they were decaled here, then sent back. #901 is the only Orion V left to be rebuilt. From my understanding, the two 1992 Orion Vs will not be fully rebuilt, and will be retired when ready.

Recently, we've had our 3 2005 New Flyer D40LF buses retrofitted with Hy-Drive Technologies, for Hyrdrogen Clean Air Testing. #5103 was sent out to the body shop for some more work to be done, and also came back on Friday with a full body wrap for Hy-Drive Technologies. I've attached 5 pictures of it, parked under the canopy, shortly after its return. It has not been on the road yet, and I was told it was not to be moved, so I wasn't able to get any posed pictures of it in front of the garage. It should hit the road on Tuesday, from my understanding...

For more information, you can visit the Hy-Drive Technologies website at Hy-Drive

I will update this thread every so often with fleet news, and pictures for everyone! <_< Members can post messages and pictures as well if they want.

I haven't caught up with OT in a while. I heard there was a tender for 7 Low Floor Buses due for December. Are these the ones from the standing order from last year?

The Hy-Drive thing seems a bit overhyped to me. The ad wraps make it seem as if the bus is entirely powered by Hydrogen when it's not.

So..basically it's like using a higher grade of fuel, which would contain more energy, which would require less fuel to travel the same distance? Smart in concept but when the bus is at idle, the energy is still bieng wasted. Maybee in conjunction with hybrid technology you would have a 30% gain in efficency?

Since this is an "Oakvlile Transit" page for fleet reports and other news, I'm curious, but what was the general input from a public meeting in regards to Oakville Transit's 5-year transit plan? Any plans or ideas that came out of that?

Since this is an "Oakvlile Transit" page for fleet reports and other news, I'm curious, but what was the general input from a public meeting in regards to Oakville Transit's 5-year transit plan? Any plans or ideas that came out of that?

Some of the routes will be combined and replacement. The 17 for next year will be eleminated!

There will be a major link that runs the major roads that will connect the local routes and to major connection.

Some of the routes will be combined and replacement. The 17 for next year will be eleminated!

There will be a major link that runs the major roads that will connect the local routes and to major connection.

Will anything become of the rumoured extension of MT 1 to Trafalgar and the Uptown Core? What about going toward a more grid-based system as with what Brampton did when they restructured their network? Oakville is a growing community and I think it is quickly outgrowing the radial route structure centred on Oakville GO.

Will anything become of the rumoured extension of MT 1 to Trafalgar and the Uptown Core? What about going toward a more grid-based system as with what Brampton did when they restructured their network? Oakville is a growing community and I think it is quickly outgrowing the radial route structure centred on Oakville GO.

Well, someone did the construction at the Uptown Core a year ago before it stopped after a contractor went to work without sewer system installed. Until the Regional found out without the approval! Both sides have not been talk about it since and I have my doubts there will be work done at anytime!

The only major road that can be used to get connections for other local routes can be Upper Middle. Conceivably, you can have a route from the west to east (Hopedale Mall or Bronte GO) to South Common Mall in Mississauga.

Eliminating the 17 can work. All that needs to be done is to either create another brnach of the current 11 or do clockwise and counter-clockwise loops of that route or modify the 11 so that it'd cover what the 17's doing now.

Lastly, maybe next year would be the time when their route numbering can be re-vamped.

Construction of the new parking lot at Church & Dunn St, will being Monday, October 22nd, 2007. The old Transit/Traffic Office at the corner will be torn down. Bus shelters will be removed this week, and will be replaced with newer ones, once construction is complete.

Also, the QEW will be closed between Third Line & Fourth Line, starting November 10th, 2007 at 11:30pm and re-open on November 11th, 2007 at 8:00am. The Fourth Line Bridge will be torn down, and a new one will be built. The Bridge will not be finished untill a year from now.

During this construction, we will be splitting Route 10 into two parts: there will be a north route and a south route. The south will be Route 10 W. Industrial S, and north will be 110 W. Industrial N. Signs are being updated this week on the buses.

I have been informed this afternoon that our 3 Orion Is (#871, #881 and #883) will be in service untill July, 2008, as we need the equipment for expansion.

I have been informed this afternoon that our 3 Orion Is (#871, #881 and #883) will be in service untill July, 2008, as we need the equipment for expansion.

Really? I guess they're looking at expansion the fleet with possibly some changes coming up, too. But this leaves us with 2 questions.

1) What 2007 model of bus will OT receive next month?

2) With their arrival, which buses will be retired? The D40's?

Really? I guess they're looking at expansion the fleet with possibly some changes coming up, too. But this leaves us with 2 questions.

1) What 2007 model of bus will OT receive next month?

2) With their arrival, which buses will be retired? The D40's?

D40LFRs are on their way, for December.

Nothing will be retired, hence the survival of the Orion I's untill July, 2008.

D40LFRs are on their way, for December.

Nothing will be retired, hence the survival of the Orion I's untill July, 2008.

Thanks Jan, My Favorite OT bus is 881, I love getting that thing on the 24 sometimes!

I havent been through for a couple of weeks, maybe I should come to Oakville for a few hours and take some pics.....hmmmm.

Road trip anyone?

Sure, Em. I love hanging out with you while doing that sorta thing. :lol:

Along the same lines, with these new expansion D40LFR's, are there going to be changes coming up say, in January?

Sure, Em. I love hanging out with you while doing that sorta thing. :rolleyes:

Along the same lines, with these new expansion D40LFR's, are there going to be changes coming up say, in January?

cool, message me on MSN and we'll chat.

For anyone who's interest the signs, all of their buses have reprogrammed to single upper/ rest lower case lettering. The TwinVision signs makes it much smaller compare to Luminator.

Personally, I find it intersting but visibility may be more difficult esp. the route 22 sign.

If you don't know what I'm talking about, the signs are programmed just like ETS.

For anyone who's interest the signs, all of their buses have reprogrammed to single upper/ rest lower case lettering. The TwinVision signs makes it much smaller compare to Luminator.

Personally, I find it intersting but visibility may be more difficult esp. the route 22 sign.

If you don't know what I'm talking about, the signs are programmed just like ETS.

They have actually not been programmed properly, from what I can tell... Some of the routes are not centered, and have the display all messed up, making it look pretty retarded if you ask me...

Aparently, this was done for better visibility, in reading the routes. Personally, I think that it was fine the way it was before...

The P/R messages are still all caps.

Yes. They were good the way they were prior to the change...and this coming from a visually impaired person.

Is there a pic which shows a sample? I may want to get out there to have a look to see for myself. Perhaps I may give the supervisor or a driver there just the heads-up that they shouldn't have chaned it.

If I were to guess for the reprogramming, did it have to do with that Route 10 split?

They have actually not been programmed properly, from what I can tell... Some of the routes are not centered, and have the display all messed up, making it look pretty retarded if you ask me...

Aparently, this was done for better visibility, in reading the routes. Personally, I think that it was fine the way it was before...

The P/R messages are still all caps.

Yeah, and they've shrunk it so the sign doesn't change during the missing part. Look at the route 22 sign, tiny as hell now!

Yeah, and they've shrunk it so the sign doesn't change during the missing part. Look at the route 22 sign, tiny as hell now!

I was testing 4105's sign today at work, just to see how it looks on the luminators. The route 22 still shows "22 Upper Glen Abbey" and then "22 West". In my opinion, the Luminators look better...

Anyways, for some fleet news, one of our Cutaway Zone Buses #3308 has been retired, and written off for future service. It suffered extensive damage one day in milton, and the estimated cost for repair is $14,000 from what I was told this morning. It will not be fixed.

This leaves #3301-3307 left for Milton Transit usage.

Speaking of Milton Transit, what ever happened to the Blue Birds they were getting?

Speaking of Milton Transit, what ever happened to the Blue Birds they were getting?

The Blue Birds are currently on the assembly line. They should be completed by the new year I believe. When complete, they will be shipped to our yard to be decalled, prepped, etc, and then they will be in GO Transit's hands.

The Blue Birds are currently on the assembly line. They should be completed by the new year I believe. When complete, they will be shipped to our yard to be decalled, prepped, etc, and then they will be in GO Transit's hands.

Um ok, so who will be the driver to operate?

Um ok, so who will be the driver to operate?

The Town of Oakville will be providing drivers, but maintenance will be provided by GO Transit under a contract with the GO and the Town of Milton.