It's official!!!

gmnewlook

Here's an update: Nath and I are meeting our parish priest on Tuesday and we should have a date set by then. We want to move the wedding up to May. That way, we can go on our honeymoon to Paris by July. I'll keep you updated. For the Montreal gang, if you want to go to the church for the ceremony, let me know by PM.

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE... UPDATE...

Nath went to meet with the priest last night, she went alone cause I'm stuck working evenings... :P Anyways, we have a date set for our wedding! :PB):P It's going to be May 19th 2007. Now we need to reserve for the reception hall near our house and make out the invitations... We're going to be busy, busy, busy... :P

UPDATE... UPDATE...

Nath went to meet with the priest last night, she went alone cause I'm stuck working evenings... :P Anyways, we have a date set for our wedding! :PB):P It's going to be May 19th 2007. Now we need to reserve for the reception hall near our house and make out the invitations... We're going to be busy, busy, busy... :P

Awesome! And alot of many guest too!

And the old PQ premier says you guys don't work hard enough.. pffft

Well, thing is, I don't have enough seniority to work the day shift full time. Every Wednesday you have to write your name down on the "pre-schedule" if you want to work day shift the week after. That's what I did yesterday. I should know this afternoon when go into work if I'm on day shift next week. :D

Well, thing is, I don't have enough seniority to work the day shift full time. Every Wednesday you have to write your name down on the "pre-schedule" if you want to work day shift the week after. That's what I did yesterday. I should know this afternoon when go into work if I'm on day shift next week. :D

I'm guessing day shift is 7-3 and afternoon shift is 3-11?

May is an excellent time to get married!!!! May is the best month of the year in my opinion, one of the most beautiful, and where there is much to look forward to.

Sorry i only noticed ur earlier inquirey only now lol.

IF u'll be in Paris for two weeks, you'll have time to see a heck of alot that's for sure lol. My suggestions would be that of what most of the world goes there to see. But on top of that i highly recommend the night tour of the city because there is absolutly nothing in this World like seeing Paris at night! It's beyond Stunning! And incredibly romantic.

As for the metro, well... Ride it all! Ride as much as u can! That's all i can say, surely do not leave out Line 1 or line 14, the oldest and newest lines. Riding on a totally automated line (14) which is totally driverless is surely somthing not to miss! No matter how much i rode it when i was there i could never get bored! It was impossible! It was simply too fascinating being able to sit up front and look out the window like u were the driver.

Also if u visit the Chateau Versailles Take RER line C (everybody does anyway) man i love Europe! Unlike on this side of the world where tourists have a strong urge to always rent a car wherever they go. Well not over there! Public transit is effiecient, serves almost everywhere, and is a tourist attraction and experience all in itself. I just hope that it isnt 35-38 degrees when u go in July like it was for me!! :D I have quite a high tolerance for heat but this heat was even cutting it close to my limit lol. I never experienced heat like that anywhere before, 38 degrees which it was the day i was in line for the eiffel tower is not somthing that most north american cities even experience. Im not talking Humidex here folks! Im talking Temperature plain and simple! That 38 felt much hotter then it ever would have in Montreal or Toronto since the sun over there seems much hotter and bigger in the sky in the afternoon than it is over here. IT was like a desert for the first 3 days i was there! 3 days where there wasnt even a cloud in the sky! Temperature 35-38 degrees everyday and it was still hot as hell at night as well (unlike a desert lol). Never rained, a no clouds for 3 days, then finally the 4th i think it rained a little.

Anyways take care! Keep us posted ;)

May is an excellent time to get married!!!! May is the best month of the year in my opinion, one of the most beautiful, and where there is much to look forward to.

Sorry i only noticed ur earlier inquirey only now lol.

IF u'll be in Paris for two weeks, you'll have time to see a heck of alot that's for sure lol. My suggestions would be that of what most of the world goes there to see. But on top of that i highly recommend the night tour of the city because there is absolutly nothing in this World like seeing Paris at night! It's beyond Stunning! And incredibly romantic.

As for the metro, well... Ride it all! Ride as much as u can! That's all i can say, surely do not leave out Line 1 or line 14, the oldest and newest lines. Riding on a totally automated line (14) which is totally driverless is surely somthing not to miss! No matter how much i rode it when i was there i could never get bored! It was impossible! It was simply too fascinating being able to sit up front and look out the window like u were the driver.

Also if u visit the Chateau Versailles Take RER line C (everybody does anyway) man i love Europe! Unlike on this side of the world where tourists have a strong urge to always rent a car wherever they go. Well not over there! Public transit is effiecient, serves almost everywhere, and is a tourist attraction and experience all in itself. I just hope that it isnt 35-38 degrees when u go in July like it was for me!! :) I have quite a high tolerance for heat but this heat was even cutting it close to my limit lol. I never experienced heat like that anywhere before, 38 degrees which it was the day i was in line for the eiffel tower is not somthing that most north american cities even experience. Im not talking Humidex here folks! Im talking Temperature plain and simple! That 38 felt much hotter then it ever would have in Montreal or Toronto since the sun over there seems much hotter and bigger in the sky in the afternoon than it is over here. IT was like a desert for the first 3 days i was there! 3 days where there wasnt even a cloud in the sky! Temperature 35-38 degrees everyday and it was still hot as hell at night as well (unlike a desert lol). Never rained, a no clouds for 3 days, then finally the 4th i think it rained a little.

Anyways take care! Keep us posted :P

Thanks Dave. My parents got married in May (the 10th, 1969) and Nath's dad on the 16th with his new wife and her late mother on the 24th with her 2nd husband (both in 2003).

Every day I check the RATP website and I found the garage where they keep their historic fleet, and I know what metro line to take (Line 13, getting off at Saint Denis - Université). It's the Saint Denis garage. Transit wise, I also want to try and visit the Musée des Transports Urbains, Interurbains et Ruraux in Chelles, east of Paris, accesible by metro and RER. We're going to take the "Carte Orange", zones 1-4. It costs 26,30 € for a week. We want to try the metro, RER, tramway (T1, T2, T3) and of course, the bus. We still want to go do a day trip to London, visit, ride the Tube, hopefully check out London's Transport Museum. So, I'll get my camera clicking and I probably will buy an extra SD card too... :P

And of course, when I get back, I'll share my photos with you guys, via my future website and also I'll have some printed out that I can show on our FHTCQ outings. ;) I'll probably shoot a few videos too.

For the wedding, Nath and I have a meeting with other couples with the priest, kinda like a wedding prep course. That means that Rose will spend the night at my parents... Isn't she lucky! ;) And beside that, I'll keep you guys posted with new developements.

Oh, BTW, I learned this week that I am going to have two bachelor parties, one with my trio of best friends that I have known for over 20 years (we played baseball at Pee-Wee and Bantam, and we even coached togehter) and one from the guys at work (hoping that they don't cover me with Feta juice beforehand... :D ).

Well, tonight we had our first wedding preparation meeting with other couples in the sector and with the three priest the work in the sector (they are presiding in 5 parishes in Mercier-Est: Ste-Claire, Ste-Louise-de-Marillac, St-Bernard, St-François-d'Assise and our own St-Victor). A psychologist had us take a test to see how we view ourselves, our partners and our parents. It was very interesting.

We are already choosing what texts we want for our wedding, since we want to have mass at the same time and get communion. We have four more meetings from now until late January, so I'll keep you posted with updates.

REMINDER: Those of you who want to attend the wedding at church, you are more than welcome. Please PM me to confirm.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

A little update... Nath picked out her wedding dress the weekend before last. She went with her sister Renée-Claude, who is her maid of honor. So they both got their dresses, which are at R-C's place, to make sure I don't see Nath's dress... :D

On Friday, while I go pick up Rose at Longueuil metro for my weekend, Nath is going to have her fitting for the dress and she will order it. For my wedding sttire, I shall go to Moores' and pick out a suit. All I know for now is I have to have a burgundy tie to match R-C's dress.

We still have 3 wedding prep meetings with the priest that handles the weddings, although, we want to ask the head preist, who also happens to be a friend of Nath's to celebrate our wedding ceremony.

I'll keep you updated... ;)

Yep! 5 months and 9 days away! OH, and our FHTCQ prez offered to charter one of the fishbowls to bring me from my parents' to the church. I'm going to ask for 14-008.

I hope they have a new rollsign exposure at the front says "Just Married".

I hope they have a new rollsign exposure at the front says "Just Married".

I'll probably do a "JUST MARRIED" sign for the rear ad rack. :lol: It'll have to be in both languages cause Nath's family on her late mother's side are almost all anglos. :lol: And her stepfather is an anglo too. :P

Well, I went and got my suit at Moores' for my wedding. No tuxedo for me. "Well, they're all the same, might as well dress 'em all the same!" The tuxedo also serves as a wedding safety device for the bride: If the groom chickens out, everyone else just takes one step over and the ceremony goes on. That's why you don't hear: "Do you take (put your name here) to be your lawfully wedded husband?" It's "Do you take this man?"

Everything should be ready next Friday. Yep, 5 months and 4 days to go until the BIG day!!!