Public meetings of the STM Board of Directors

SMS

Item 11.2:

Whats this about running route 139 into Laval??

I've been hearing this rumour for a while, seems like there is some truth.

The eventual Pie-IX BRT is supposed to run into Laval to a park-and-ride lot. In the meantime I think the 139 will be extended to help alleviate traffic during reconstruction of Pie-IX/Henri-Bourassa interchange

The hybrid bus contract has been awarded to Nova Bus

You could't convince them to change their mind? :P

I've been hearing this rumour for a while, seems like there is some truth.

The eventual Pie-IX BRT is supposed to run into Laval to a park-and-ride lot. In the meantime I think the 139 will be extended to help alleviate traffic during reconstruction of Pie-IX/Henri-Bourassa interchange

You could't convince them to change their mind? :P

Yup, it was about that park-and-ride lot in Laval that the STM buses will go to. :)

---

LOL! :lol:

From: http://www.stm.info/English/en-bref/a-calendrierCA.htm

Meetings are held at 5:30 p.m. at the following location:

Persons wishing to submit a question to Board members must register 15 minutes before the start of the meeting.

Société de transport de Montréal

Head office

800 de La Gauchetière Street West

Place Bonaventure, portail Nord-Est

8th Floor, Suite 8200, Montréal

• 7 months later...

What I heard is that the 439 will go to Laval instead of the 139. I'll try to find more info.

That is what I thought too.

Moreover, the eventuality of a busway on Pie-IX could result in the obsolescence of route 139, that could be replaced by Or shuttles or multiple community/"local" routes that would not use the bus lanes. I would not disagree with that. The experience of the Métrobus in Québec showed that truncation of local routes replaced by limited stop service was not that much of a great loss for "local" users.

For example, route 139 could be cut back to Jean-Talon street or Saint-Michel station for a ±30-minute service in continuous runs (actual offer over orange line eastern branch w/ rtes 30 & 31), and route 41 service could be extended beyond 9 PM.

What I heard is that the 439 will go to Laval instead of the 139. I'll try to find more info.

The original 505 R-BUS ridership began in Montréal-Nord. These users will now be penalized and have to find other means to get to the metro. I suspect that those favouring the green line will be forced onto the 432 Express Lacordaire if they wish to keep riding a limited stop vehicle on a north-south axis. This new move if it happens is ironic because the mandate of the STM is to carry more people and not turn them away.

The original 505 R-BUS ridership began in Montréal-Nord. These users will now be penalized and have to find other means to get to the metro. I suspect that those favouring the green line will be forced onto the 432 Express Lacordaire if they wish to keep riding a limited stop vehicle on a north-south axis. This new move if it happens is ironic because the mandate of the STM is to carry more people and not turn them away.

I doubt it will be every trip that goes to Laval. A select few, like on the 139 presently.

• 8 months later...

The Fagstein blog has an interesting article concerning the appointment of Philippe Schnobb as chairman of the board of directors of the STM. I highly encourage everyone to check it out. I would paste the link here but I have trouble copying and pasting right now.

• 2 weeks later...

The notice of fare hikes was circulated last month. The January fare for my TRAM5 went up to $156 from $151 and was charged automatically for my Opus+ membership a few days ago. So the fares should all go up when the January rates roll-out next week.

Envoyé de mon Transformer TF101 en utilisant Tapatalk

The notice of fare hikes was circulated last month. The January fare for my TRAM5 went up to $156 from $151 and was charged automatically for my Opus+ membership a few days ago. So the fares should all go up when the January rates roll-out next week.

Envoyé de mon Transformer TF101 en utilisant Tapatalk

Yeah but that's the AMT and this is the STM thread ;)

The STM has to get the fares approved by the Montreal Metropolitan Community, I believe. City council met tonight, so I suppose the next STM board meeting will have a point about fares on the agenda.

• 1 month later...

At a recent public meeting, STM vice president Marvin Rotrand declared articulated buses wouldn't be able to turn around at Elmhurst Terminus. This is apparently stalling the integration of these buses onto the 105 route.

Sounds like bs to me! With all due respect, this wouldn't be the first time this councillor has made up facts. Can anyone confirm/deny that the artics would not be able to take the curve?

At a recent public meeting, STM vice president Marvin Rotrand declared articulated buses wouldn't be able to turn around at Elmhurst Terminus. This is apparently stalling the integration of these buses onto the 105 route.

Sounds like bs to me! With all due respect, this wouldn't be the first time this councillor has made up facts. Can anyone confirm/deny that the artics would not be able to take the curve?

In order for the artics to make the turn in the loop you have to have no layover zones at all for other buses in the loop or else no dice. The way is stands right now, buses are allowed to layover in the loop making an artic turn in the loop impossible. The loop has to be redone to accommodate artics.