BCT-3122-D800-10240

Guelph Transit Commission

This is not the first time I have heard this rumour, I have heard that they did purchase 6 Flyers for delivery in 2008, I had assumed it was a fake rumour when I heard Guelph allready recieved 2008 NOVAs, This should be interesting to see if they actually do get some Flyers, Hopefully Guelph will get a new livery for them ! its time for an update.

I hope they are LFRs

TC60102N   
I hope they are LFRs

I would hope not !!! Their allready going to look ugly enough in the Guelph Transit scheme, they can only make it worse with those ugly end caps

It was a fun day today including a tour at the Guelph Transit Garage, and staff were very friendly as well. I have photos of most of the Classics at the Garage. But one question, do most of those Classics only go out during University in session times? Cause were only saw two Classics on the road today. #'s 140 and 165.

. But one question, do most of those Classics only go out during University in session times? Cause were only saw two Classics on the road today. #'s 140 and 165.

Yes most of the Utah Classics are used on the University rush hour routes. I saw most of the Guelph Classics running at the University this March.

I found this out.

117, 118 and 119 (1990 MCI Classics) are to replace 135, 136 (1985 GM Classics) and 162 (1984 GM Classic) the oldest bus in service.

When I was at the Guelph Transit Garage this past Thursday, I found #162 parked out back with windows and other parts missing and waiting to be taken to the scrap yard.

TTC 9701   

When I was at the Guelph Transit Garage this past Thursday, I found #162 parked out back with windows and other parts missing and waiting to be taken to the scrap yard.

Thats a surprise that it isnt off to scrap yet. It was stripped.

TTC 9701   

Well 2 of the 7 new buses were out today for the first time.

117 and 119 (1990 MCI Classics Ex-UTA)

119 I think is different than all the other Classics because it has blackboard instead of a whiteboard.

I still didn`t see 118 yet.

196 was out on the Driver`s Shuttle (The Hog Bus)

TTC 9701   

All the new Classics are out but they have acceleration problems.

No new Nova LFS`s are out yet.

135 and 135 are the oldest classics in the fleet now.

142 is now getting red wheels. Now all the Ex-UTA classics and 159 have red wheels.

I went up to the old retirment hill and there was 8 areas of dead grass all in the shape of rectangles.

162 is now retired. I went to the garage to take some pics and 162 is sitting retired, and 161 is sitting in the yard as well. the windows have been removed from both classics.

I have a shot of 162 when it was active. But I will post some pics soon.

162 in active service.

162.jpg

All the new Classics are out but they have acceleration problems.

No new Nova LFS`s are out yet.

135 and 135 are the oldest classics in the fleet now.

142 is now getting red wheels. Now all the Ex-UTA classics and 159 have red wheels.

I went up to the old retirment hill and there was 8 areas of dead grass all in the shape of rectangles.

162 is now retired. I went to the garage to take some pics and 162 is sitting retired, and 161 is sitting in the yard as well. the windows have been removed from both classics.

I have a shot of 162 when it was active. But I will post some pics soon.

162 in active service.

162.jpg

FYI, and as previously mentioned in this thread, #162 was already retired awhile ago now. I found it parked at the Guelph Transit Garage on May 8, 2008 parked and retired and missing windows and other parts along with #161. I had even responded to one of your posts about that at the time because you had mentioned that it was still active when it was in fact retired at that time.

Here are photos of both 161 and 162 taken on May 8, 2008:

5483gt161.jpg

5479gt162.jpg

Looks like Guelph has fixed the mess that resulted with that 40 minute peak period service, 10 months later. The result is better service, with 20 minute service in peak periods and midday, Monday through Friday, 30 minutes at all other times. Takes effect this Monday

http://guelph.ca/living.cfm?subCatID=1179&smocid=1764

Which I was wondering why Guelph have hired more bus drivers. Well, you can say goodbye to their old bus stop that shows the time arrival.

Jan Boic   
It looks like Guelph Transit is rebranding their fleet colors. Check out the link below:

http://www.guelph.ca/newsroom_display.cfm?itemID=75922

The scheme look pretty sharp and it looks like bus 195 is the first in the new scheme.

Kevin

I got a few photos from my boss at work of 195, taken from different angles. Looks pretty nice! They're on my email at work, but i'll see what I can do for posting them here.

TTC 9701   
I got a few photos from my boss at work of 195, taken from different angles. Looks pretty nice! They're on my email at work, but i'll see what I can do for posting them here.

Ask you r boss if any other models have been rebranded.

that explains why 195 never saw service when all the other new Nova buses were out in service.

It looks like Guelph Transit is rebranding their fleet colors. Check out the link below:

http://www.guelph.ca/newsroom_display.cfm?itemID=75922

The scheme look pretty sharp and it looks like bus 195 is the first in the new scheme.

Wow, impressive! Goodbye red paint that looks like TTC to me!

I see Mr. French went back to his old job rather stayed with Brampton Transit.

TTC 9701   

I E-Mailed Randall French yesterday and got a reply today.

Andrew,

We plan to have the new colours applied to all new vehicles being added

to the fleet. That will include any new conventional low floor buses

along with any new buses for the Mobility service. We may re-decal the

existing NOVA buses in the fleet but will have to access the value in

re-decaling the older vehicles that will be retired in the near future.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you require any additional

information.

<_<

Question:

Are those going to be the D40LF's that they're supposed to be getting??

Don't think so, I haven't heard anything about it. More LFS are coming.

Today I managed to photo 195 as well, the sun angle in Downtown is absolutely horrible at PM rush.

Newest LFS, surprisedly they went to Voith Transmission. Looks like they are ditching Allison for good!

The 08 have Innovator 850, mulit-cloth padded on lower section, higher section have blue vinyl. I have a feeling there will be vandels start slashing seats.

No seats behind the driver because of the security camera storage and a huge storage unit on the driver side wheelcover.

As of Mr. French, my mistake. He's been with the company for long time. I was thinking another one who is still working for Brampton Transit.

Looks like Guelph has fixed the mess that resulted with that 40 minute peak period service, 10 months later. The result is better service, with 20 minute service in peak periods and midday, Monday through Friday, 30 minutes at all other times. Takes effect this Monday

http://guelph.ca/living.cfm?subCatID=1179&smocid=1764

Another thing I found out, their transfer has also changed. It's now 60 minutes in any direction from the time you picked up the transfer. Their old transfer condition rules is still there.

And, now they have individual routes schedule printed out. Don't expect a new map to be made at anytime.