BCT-3122-D800-10240

Guelph Transit Commission

Whoops! I totally forgot that this could've been looked up on the Wiki! Sorry guys!

But yeah, thanks for the help. I should've mentioned that I only really wanted the year they were built.

According to the CPTDB Wiki ...

http://www.cptdb.ca/wiki/index.php/Guelph_Transit

... the Novas are numbered 169 -> 194.

169-176 are 2003.

177-182 are 2004.

183-188 are 2005.

189-194 are 2006.

As for their exact delivery date, I am not 100% on that. Sorry.

Hope this has been some help!

ADB   
Is it true that Guelph is to get Orion 7`s or New Flyers?

I heard they were looking into joining the consortium in purchasing New Flyer D40LFs. However, not sure if they are still interested.

I hered and saw that Guelph Transit has new Gif fare machines.

What is the card swipe on the side for?

If there's a photo, I would like to see what does it look like.

TTC 9701   

Here`s the heads-up. 149 (1998 Orion 6 06.501) is now refurbished. I saw it today before my trip to sarnia. The bus was on route 8 and 4.

TC60102N   
Here`s the heads-up. 149 (1998 Orion 6 06.501) is now refurbished. I saw it today before my trip to sarnia. The bus was on route 8 and 4.

How is it different now ?

TC60102N   
I was in the garage today. The new bus is #117 a 1990 MCI TC40-102A Classic Ex-UTA 9009.

143 is refurbished for the second time.

Sweet ! Looks like a trip to Guelph might actually be worth it next week !

TTC 9701   
Sweet ! Looks like a trip to Guelph might actually be worth it next week !

Your trip will be worth it. Just 10 minutes ago I spotted another Ex-UTA Classic on a flat-bed truck at downtown, it was a good thing I had my camara with me and got a pic. I have a good feeling it is #118. So 117 arrived 2 weeks ago and the other Classic (I think 118) arrived to day. I have another good feeling that another Classic will arrive soon.

I have been to the Guelph garage to day. I spoke to the Supervisor, and he said that 135 136 are really 1985 and 162 are retiring soon.

I also saw a NEW Classic. It looked like one of the Ex-UTA Classics.

The NEW buses are coming in April and September.

Really? Upon looking at the roster, there's already some 1990 MCI's from Utah. Is this another batch of them?

And as far as new buses this month and September, would they be more Novas?

TTC 9701   

what style headlights do they have ?

I spotted on on York Road testing I am assuming, they had newer styled headlights but they were not the B.C Transit style..

TTC 9701   

You are going to like this.

April 30, 2008

Scott Tracey

Mercury Staff

GUELPH

The future of a Guelph Transit driver arrested last Friday for allegedly driving with more than the legal amount of alcohol in his system remains up in the air.

Ann Pappert, the city's director of community services, said the city is working with the Amalgamated Transit Union to determine the next step.

"We are still conducting our investigation in terms of what happened here," Pappert said. "The safety of our citizens is of utmost importance and we are not taking this lightly."

The driver was arrested last Friday afternoon after police received a complaint from a member of the public that a bus driver had alcohol on his breath.

The bus was located on Westmount Road, where it had stopped to load passengers. Police report the driver failed a roadside breath device and was then arrested and taken to the police station, where he was formally charged with driving with more than the legal amount of alcohol in his system.

He will make his first court appearance in June. His driver's licence was automatically suspended for 90 days as a result of being charged.

Guelph Transit made other arrangements for the eight passengers on the bus at the time.

Pappert would not comment on details of the incident, citing privacy legislation.

Stephen MacNeil, president of Local 1189 of the Amalgamated Transit Union, which represents Guelph Transit drivers, was also not prepared to comment yesterday.

"I'm not going to make any comment until I know more about it," MacNeil said.

Some Guelph Transit drivers, who would not give their names, said yesterday they are concerned the arrest might reflect negatively on all drivers.

But Richard Rowntree, who was waiting for a bus at St. George's Square, said this was likely an isolated incident.

Rowntree, who uses public transit regularly, had not heard of the arrest last Friday.

"That's scary," he said. "That's really scary. Obviously we rely on bus drivers to get us where we're going . . . and it would never even occur to me the driver might be impaired."

John Toner, 39, of Guelph will appear in court in June.

stracey@guelphmercury.com

TC60102N   
I was talking to a bus driver I know, and I told him about my visit to the garage.

He said for me to come back to the garage in September to possibly see some New Flyers.

I guess Guelph is buying some New Flyers.

What will they look like in the livery?

This is not the first time I have heard this rumour, I have heard that they did purchase 6 Flyers for delivery in 2008, I had assumed it was a fake rumour when I heard Guelph allready recieved 2008 NOVAs, This should be interesting to see if they actually do get some Flyers, Hopefully Guelph will get a new livery for them ! its time for an update.

TTC 9701   

This is not the first time I have heard this rumour, I have heard that they did purchase 6 Flyers for delivery in 2008, I had assumed it was a fake rumour when I heard Guelph allready recieved 2008 NOVAs, This should be interesting to see if they actually do get some Flyers, Hopefully Guelph will get a new livery for them ! its time for an update.

I like to just keep it as a rumour til there is actually one here. Seems it might be Nova here from now on. We have a second order of something coming for the Fall and there is a massive replacement coming.