Guelph Transit Commission

BCT-3122-D800-10240

Is there a specific reason that Guelph Transit route numbering jumps from 10 to 22 and then from 24 to 50? I imagine that routes 2 and 5 were retired, but don't understand the other jumps in numbering. Is there reasoning to the numbering (i.e., regional road numbers)?

But what makes no sense is that the Hamilton unit we are getting has a Cummins C8.3 engine with ZF 5HP590 transmission and the rest don't. Would MTB have retrofitted the engine?

When I was at MTB a few weeks ago the CEO told me they were all being re powered with Cummins ISL and I forgot which tranny :blink:

Is there a specific reason that Guelph Transit route numbering jumps from 10 to 22 and then from 24 to 50? I imagine that routes 2 and 5 were retired, but don't understand the other jumps in numbering. Is there reasoning to the numbering (i.e., regional road numbers)?

It USED to be back in the day 1-10 was the City routes, the 20s were all the "commercial area" routes and the 50s were University routes, at least that what I remember it being, somebody feel free to correct me. The "specials" were all internally known as 60s... hence "61 Victor Davis"

It USED to be back in the day 1-10 was the City routes, the 20s were all the "commercial area" routes and the 50s were University routes, at least that what I remember it being, somebody feel free to correct me. The "specials" were all internally known as 60s... hence "61 Victor Davis"

What happened to route 2?

• 3 weeks later...

There was a flurry of articles in the guelph mercury on the past present and future of Guelph Transit last month.... I can post the links in a day or two

the tearing-down of the greyhound terminal started today, to make way for the new terminal...... and with that said, an article sure to anger some Guelph residents........ :)http://www.guelphmercury.com/news/local/ar...til-next-spring

Are any of the Orions retired? i havent seen any and ELF #20 hasnt been out these days either I dont want to assume that any of them are retired

ELF's have been out, but not in full scale

Parked for the summer as spares and they will return in the fall.

some have made it out here and there, but from what i have heard, they're not to be out at all

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

New routes coming Fall 2011! http://guelph.ca/uploads/Transit/2011%20Ma...pside_FINAL.pdf

Route 4 doesn't change.

1 College Edinburgh

2 West Loop

3 East Loop

4 York

5 South Gordon

6 Harvard Ironwood

7 Kortright Downey

8 Stone Road Mall

9 West End Community Centre

10 Imperial

11 Willow West