Naming conventions

D40LF

Sorry but I disagree. To open this to a discussion could very well lead to heated debate as other want something included. What I did was to create a page by looking at the form on other pages, to see what others have added and is the most common.

Also some of the things included are the result of conversation with the powers that be.

There is nothing wrong with what you have made, but I think input from all users should go into creating standards, similar to how we discussed in the route histories thread.

Sorry but I disagree. To open this to a discussion could very well lead to heated debate as other want something included. What I did was to create a page by looking at the form on other pages, to see what others have added and is the most common.

Also some of the things included are the result of conversation with the powers that be.

It's not bad, however it seems to be modeled only after the TTC pages, which were mostly made by one editor, and one template. To me, it looks like one big clump of text. Maybe the addition of headings could help seperate the text (for example, a header for overnight service and another for vehicles). There are other route pages that have quite a different layout style that work just as well.

The reason I created the Route history standard topic was to invoke (peaceful) discussion among the members on which parts they like and which they don't. This way, we can get a template that everyone agrees on and has information that can be used by all members. Myself, I would like to help contribute to a template and make sure everyone agrees on it, not to have a template forced upon us.

Have added information in the Naming Conventions regarding the uploading of photos.

This is from listening to some of your comments and watching how the board is progressing.

Please feel free to check it out at:

http://www.cptdb.ca/wiki/index.php/Naming_Conventions

I realize that as a result of what is in there a number of photos will have to be replaced.

If any of you have a photo to upload to replace one you uploaded earlier that doesn't meet the criteria please let me know.

You can leave a message on my talk page .

Just please sign your posts, this is down with four ~ so that I know who has asked.